OP

dbaum23

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Veloster
i picked up my pure base xl yesterday afternoon and after driving it about 40 miles today all I can say is...it is well worth the wait. Drives like a charm - the CV transmission is super smooth, it's a joy to just cruise around in it. You did good ensuring that yours is not getting away, nice going.
Nice, hopefully mine behaves like yours.
Sponsored

OP
OP

dbaum23

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Veloster
The OP's situation happened to me. My truck came in, made an appointment for the next day to test drive and fill out the paperwork and take it home, the sales guy says there isn't time to get the new plate before they close and he's leaving for vacation the next day and won't be back for a few days. The problem was I planned leaving for vacation the day the sales guy was supposed to return so I couldn't pick up the Mav for another week. The tint on the back window needed a small repair, so the sales guy puts in a repair order before we both left for vacation so I sent him an email detailing when I was going to be back and that I'd come in and fill out the paperwork and take the truck.

I came back from vacation as indicated in the email and the window repair was made, filled out the paperwork and everything went as planned and I'm loving the Mav.

If it's a reputable dealership, you should be fine👍
Yep, get it today after work. :)

wjg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This thread has read like a suspense novel! I read every comment, thinking is he gonna get the truck? He should take off work. He's not really gonna wait till monday- is he? The truck will be gone. He's getting really good advice, go get the truck, hurry!

Looks like everything is going well but now have to wait till after 4:00 pm today for the cliff hanger. OP better let us all know . 😂

Sponsored

OP
OP

dbaum23

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Veloster
This thread has read like a suspense novel! I read every comment, thinking is he gonna get the truck? He should take off work. He's not really gonna wait till monday- is he? The truck will be gone. He's getting really good advice, go get the truck, hurry!

Looks like everything is going well but now have to wait till after 4:00 pm today for the cliff hanger. OP better let us all know . 😂
I will, haha

DaveMave

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Toyota p/u, Santa Cruz SEL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yea and besides you want to be the first person to Fart in your new Truck
Great, now the idea is in place to go to dealerships just to sit in newly-arrived vehicles and be the first to fart! TikTok will be overloaded.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Okay, OP, just know I've set aside my afternoon to look up the resolution to this tale. Please do not disappoint.

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Will he? Won't he? I am rooting for OP!
This is almost as suspenseful as Thursdays used to beo_O

Sponsored

Trilo68

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3, Cobalt SS
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My salesman sent me a text while he was on vacation letting me know my truck was in and what salesman to talk in order to pick it up that day. Really great sales guys at Castrucci.

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Back in July I had a dealer call me saying the had a Mav. Made an appointment but the sales guy did not show. By that time the truck had been sold. I did not know how hot they were then
However the customer was kind enough to show me his truck. I ended up ordering the exact same truck. I appreciated the guy doing that.
Yeah, if I actually had a Maverick :)rolleyes:), I would be happy demo it to anyone who asked first. I'd be happy to let them look it over, sit in it, answer any questions, etc. I would only let them test drive it if I already knew them well enough to know they were careful drivers, and even then I'd ride with them. I've done this with other "rare" (or at least "uncommon") cars I've owned.

But that's a HUGE difference from the experience of having someone just walk up to your truck at the dealership, open the door, and climb in without checking with anyone first. In that situation, I'd get pretty upset,, and likely tell them to take a walk. It's a "respect for other people's property" thing - even at a dealership. You never know what's a dealership vehicle and what's a customer vehicle...

OpieGoneBad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid, 2023 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I saw last night on the Ford tracker that my truck is now at the dealership "In final preparation". So this morning I emailed the salesman "assigned" to me who emailed me back saying he's on vacation until Monday. Now I don't want this truck to be sold out from under me like the other horror stories I've read on here. So I guess what i'm asking is has anyone else just said the heck with it and used another sales person? I'm guessing of course you can but they keep acting like this sales guy is who I have to go through. So far they've been honest with me but I don't want to chance it.
I went through 3 salespeople in my dealership before I picked mine up. Two of them quit and moved out of state. I would just go in and talk to the general sales manager. He/She will get you lined up with someone to finalize your purchase. You have good reason to do this too as there are lots of stories of Mavericks being sold out from under the rightful buyer. I personally wouldn't wait, I would get in there. A Maverick sitting on the lot is way too tempting for some sales people to pass up.

OpieGoneBad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid, 2023 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
but also consider that it is likely that your truck is showing as “for sale” on cars dot com and will likely be generating calls from buyers who see the ad, giving the dealer some temptation if/when someone calls and says “I have cash and will pay 2k over msrp right now”.
This is very true. My Mav showed up on a Saturday evening. They called me Monday morning to let me know it was ready. I was in there by 9:30 AM Monday and by that time he had over 30 messages from people wanting to buy it for much higher than MSRP because they saw it was "for sale" on cars.com. You really don't want to wait. Way too tempting to make a quick several thousand dollar profit for them.

Mavonorder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Unfortunately, due to the crazy car scene, there's a LOT of suspicion these days regarding ordering a new vehicle. I had a VERY suspicious way of thinking all the way up to actually driving the Mav off the lot. Then someone posted saying they heard back from their dealer saying they had to come back in after taking delivery of their Mav and pay more cause there was a mistake in the paperwork.... geeze, does the drama/suspicion ever end!!🤮
Sponsored