Sponsored

North Coast Joe

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid. 2024 Honda CR-V EX.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My response: So what! Most Americans don't use the full capacity of their coupes, sedans, etc. I bought my Maverick because 1) I wanted a smaller volume vehicle than the Honda Passport I had. That was purchased to haul anything and almost everything , including pets. From NW Ohio to Florida and back every winter season. I never fell in love with that vehicle, though it was well-made and comfortable. 2) I wanted something fun, yet versatile.
3) Better mileage wouldn't hurt either. 4) I may haul pull a trailer to haul my Can Am Spyder to other areas of this great land.
The truth be told, the Maverick is about 8 inches longer than the Passport, although narrower, yet holds four(4) small to medium size adults nicely. I probably won't use the bed very often, but it is there, if needed. (I have enjoyed accessorizing it)
In conclusion: To each their own according to their wants and needs.

harlano

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lightning, 2015 Fiesta ST, 2024 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Minivans and SUVs are what most women seem to want. Specifically Jeep Wranglers. Almost every one I pass there is a girl driving it. My wife had a minivan for years and now has a Bronco Sport.
Wife hates minivans and SUV's. Loves F150s. Likes to sit "up high" on the road. My youngest kid likes trucks and has a Maverick. We have an F150 Lightning. Also owned a 2001 F150 Supercrew until someone side-swiped it in the middle of the night and totaled it.

OneAlienBoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I tried to explain to him that he didn't HAVE to buy it but he just looked at me like I was suggesting he shouldn't breath. 🤷
No offense to him, but it's stunning how little self control some people have. I've had friends and family members who seem almost allergic to the concept of saving money. It's not easy to be super rich, but if people just save a little bit of money here and there and put it into high yield savings accounts, it goes a lot further than many people think.

Everyone is different, but I can't even enjoy spending money when I don't have to, it stresses me out.

Donaldw

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester, insurance pmt. from stolen tacoma.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm what you might call a visual person. The photo at the start of this thread, IMHO, has the relative sizes of the 2 trucks in relation to the Mav., incorrect. Those big trucks are not twice as wide as the Mav. So either photoshop or a wide angle lens. It also seems like the Mav. though shorter is probably not that much shorter. The photo seems to editorialize.

Sponsored

harlano

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lightning, 2015 Fiesta ST, 2024 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here's our Maverick and F150 Lightning in the same picture:
Ford Maverick Article: Americans Obsessed That Bigger Trucks = Better. Ford Maverick Proves The Opposite...  (I like it too)! IMG_3766

cmachouse05

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They can praise Maverick all they want but most American women with children don't like small trucks. They like Minivans, Explorers or F-150 sized vehicles. That's really where the market limit lies. If your wife doesn't want the Maverick, it's a non-starter.
Then the wife can pony up the $ for the leviathan truck and the gas and truck costs associated with it!😂

cmachouse05

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I find his line of reasoning appealing. Particularly for those of us in urban areas and places where 87 gas regularly costs $5/gallon.

I am, howeve. a little concerned that he couldn't tell the difference between pleather in the Lariat and leather.
The dealership installed leather seats in my Maverick XLT for $1100. Well worth the cost!

CurtisB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If the door of a vehicle is wider than the front door of my house..............I don't want it.

Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just tell people I bought my Maverick because I'm compensating....

TonyS

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The size was fine, but I needed reliability. I had to go back to a larger truck, because the Maverick has no competition.
Consumer Reports says the Ecoboost Mav has above average reliability and the Hybrid average.

If you have had a bad experience with the Maverick I'm saddened to hear of it. But my 2022 XL Hybrid has been fine. Yes, there have been what - five recalls? But they have all been software updates and all but one were done with the regular oil changes (knock on wood)

It fits nicely in my garage, it was as inexpensive as new cars get, MPG is awesome and it's all the truck (bed size, hauling) I ever need.

VICKY

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK 2.L ECO-BOOST & Mazda Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Pilot323

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5, 1951 MGTD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just came across this article, some praise for our Maverick.

Americans Are Obsessed With the Wrong Trucks
For decades, pickup buyers have believed bigger is better. The Ford Maverick Hybrid proves the opposite.

https://www.insidehook.com/lifestyle/americans-obsessed-wrong-trucks-ford-maverick
80% of everything we need a truck for can be done with the Maverick. The other 30% needs an SUV. Hence we have both. I figure the Maverick will keep the miles down on the SUV and therefore it should see us out. When the SUV goes the boat goes.
Sponsored