First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They can praise Maverick all they want but most American women with children don't like small trucks. They like Minivans, Explorers or F-150 sized vehicles. That's really where the market limit lies. If your wife doesn't want the Maverick, it's a non-starter.
Thankfully when my wife heard "truck. 40mpg." she wanted one. :)

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They can praise Maverick all they want but most American women with children don't like small trucks. They like Minivans, Explorers or F-150 sized vehicles. That's really where the market limit lies. If your wife doesn't want the Maverick, it's a non-starter.
Want and need are two very different things and need is coming out on top more and more. You are right though the majority are still going with what they want at an incredible cost.

WildGrok

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You nailed it:
" If your wife doesn't want the Maverick, it's a non-starter. "

Sponsored

Gonzo chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti g35 coupe, VW Golf
Engine
Undecided
Just came across this article, some praise for our Maverick.

Americans Are Obsessed With the Wrong Trucks
For decades, pickup buyers have believed bigger is better. The Ford Maverick Hybrid proves the opposite.

https://www.insidehook.com/lifestyle/americans-obsessed-wrong-trucks-ford-maverick
Funny, I actually read that this morning. There really is no competition at this point. I mean the Chevy Colorado and its twin are a size up and to me they just don't look nearly as good. I don't know. I feel like they're still trying to have the big truck sort of macho Butch off-road look about them But that look doesn't work on a smaller truck. It's too busy. The Maverick looks a lot cleaner And more honest looking I guess

Gonzo chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Yeah the young moms do like minivans, when I was younger I liked them as well, they were kind of like a hotel on Wheels you know

Last edited:

MetalsGeek

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rough
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Yamaha FZ-07
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Most people do not want larger and larger trucks. The CAFE standards imposed by the EPA impose unreasonable fuel efficiency standards on smaller vehicles, so the corporate response is to make them larger and larger. This is either the Law of Unintended Consequences in action, or a corrupt and/or incompetent government meddling in something that should be left to the free market.

Sponsored

Gonzo chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Most people do not want larger and larger trucks. The CAFE standards imposed by the EPA impose unreasonable fuel efficiency standards on smaller vehicles, so the corporate response is to make them larger and larger. This is either the Law of Unintended Consequences in action, or a corrupt and/or incompetent government meddling in something that should be left to the free market.
Or they could slightly raise CAFE standards in larger vehicles or include them in the fleet but ease the overall standard. Obviously if you make a standard then have exemptions they'll try to convince people to buy the exemption that's easier to engineer and build

OneAlienBoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can always get a new wife and kids...

OneAlienBoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The size was fine, but I needed reliability. I had to go back to a larger truck, because the Maverick has no competition.
I am curious at times why you're still here. No offense, but I just don't get hanging around on forums I don't own the product for.

Mervin the Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Niro, 2019 Hyunda1 Kona, 2002 Chevy S10
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Where did you get that data from?

My wife loves my Maverick, and can’t wait for an excuse when she “needs” to drive it! It is an exceptionally nice vehicle to drive.
Sponsored