First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clearly you did not work for a reputible dealership or they are morons, I work at a reputable dealership and this would NEVER HAPPEN, period
Do you work for Toyota or have a Toyota Supra?
Sponsored

OP
OP

dbaum23

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Veloster
Hmmm...strange. My original salesman who was on vacation in New York just emailed me saying he's looking forward to our meeting at 4:30. He said he was going to be off till Monday and now he's going to be there....? Strange...

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hmmm...strange. My original salesman who was on vacation in New York just emailed me saying he's looking forward to our meeting at 4:30. He said he was going to be off till Monday and now he's going to be there....? Strange...
Money talks. 💸

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am SHOCKED!!!

Sponsored

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah, if I actually had a Maverick :)rolleyes:), I would be happy demo it to anyone who asked first. I'd be happy to let them look it over, sit in it, answer any questions, etc. I would only let them test drive it if I already knew them well enough to know they were careful drivers, and even then I'd ride with them. I've done this with other "rare" (or at least "uncommon") cars I've owned.

But that's a HUGE difference from the experience of having someone just walk up to your truck at the dealership, open the door, and climb in without checking with anyone first. In that situation, I'd get pretty upset,, and likely tell them to take a walk. It's a "respect for other people's property" thing - even at a dealership. You never know what's a dealership vehicle and what's a customer vehicle...
I don't blame you. I was checking out his truck and he came out and offered to show me around. Did more than the salesman did. I would never be so bold as that guy was.

MrCigar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT EB FX4 Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The plot thickens hahaha!

Its gonna be fine :)

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Maybe has was off, but not reallly out of town, and doesn't want to miss out on a commission!

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maybe has was off, but not reallly out of town, and doesn't want to miss out on a commission!
Kids are in school. I take vacation at home all the time.

Sponsored
OP
OP

dbaum23

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Veloster
Possible if he came back early for another reason. But I live in Southeastern PA and to drive back from NY just to make a sale doesn't make sense.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Possible if he came back early for another reason. But I live in Southeastern PA and to drive back from NY just to make a sale doesn't make sense.
You don't work in sales. :)

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ah, you are probably in Lancaster County I see. I'm not far from you -- about 90 minutes north.

We are all waiting to see how it turns out. Keep us posted!