HiYoAu

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Tell them that you have an eye problem and can't see yourself working the rest of the day.
This is the one. Every employee, top to bottom understands this malady.
Sponsored

Ferdinand

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yep, I just talked to the internet manager again and we went over my X plan pricing and she told me about the price being locked in. Everything going good so far. She said all I should have to do is go in tomorrow and sign the papers after work. Just working on the loan terms at the moment.
Sounds great !!
Enjoy your FE.

Tim Howard

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Unfortunately no :(
I'm Curious. What job do you have that will not let you take a long lunch? What happens if you are really sick? Are you chained to your work area? You have time to type on a keyboard and respond to this thread but can't take time off to get the new truck you have waited months for. Many of us on here would be out the door heading to the dealership.

pigsareus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I saw last night on the Ford tracker that my truck is now at the dealership "In final preparation". So this morning I emailed the salesman "assigned" to me who emailed me back saying he's on vacation until Monday. Now I don't want this truck to be sold out from under me like the other horror stories I've read on here. So I guess what i'm asking is has anyone else just said the heck with it and used another sales person? I'm guessing of course you can but they keep acting like this sales guy is who I have to go through. So far they've been honest with me but I don't want to chance it.
maybe in the meantime you can ask the manger or the finance guy (if you're financing thru them or not) to draw up the buyers order using the pretense that your bank where you're getting the loan from needs to have this documentation anyways before releasing the funds so you want to get ahead of the game. If you already have a buyers order then you should be all set.

Sponsored

OP
OP

dbaum23

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Veloster
I'm Curious. What job do you have that will not let you take a long lunch? What happens if you are really sick? Are you chained to your work area? You have time to type on a keyboard and respond to this thread but can't take time off to get the new truck you have waited months for. Many of us on here would be out the door heading to the dealership.
I'm a scalehouse operator. So I can't just leave as customers show up at any time. I'm the only one at the place who can do my job so it's not like anyone can fill in. I can reply to this thread easy because I have a little bit of time in between customers.

OP
OP

dbaum23

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Veloster
maybe in the meantime you can ask the manger or the finance guy (if you're financing thru them or not) to draw up the buyers order using the pretense that your bank where you're getting the loan from needs to have this documentation anyways before releasing the funds so you want to get ahead of the game. If you already have a buyers order then you should be all set.
Yep, already done. All I need to do tomorrow is check the truck out, sign the papers and get everything set up with Ford Pass.

FloodingdowninTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I worked at a dealership in sales for a couple of years and I can tell you go down there and get your truck or someone else is going to sell it. The salesguy when he is gone on vacation already has another salesmen that he's friends with to handle his deals while he is gone.

I promise you before your truck gets out of PDI which is predelivery inspection their already has been 100 people trying to test drive it and buy it. Not to mention every sales guy taking it for Joy rides and shooting videos. They're probably out back trying to do donuts in your truck right now LOL 😂

I'm kind of joking but seriously go get your truck whether it's been through PDI or not. They can PDI it while you're doing the paperwork.
1. God Speed to OP and his quest.
2. Mine is due within about 1 week to arrive at the dealership.
3. I wish I could permanently unread your post from my brain and get some sleep again.

pigsareus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yep, already done. All I need to do tomorrow is check the truck out, sign the papers and get everything set up with Ford Pass.
i picked up my pure base xl yesterday afternoon and after driving it about 40 miles today all I can say is...it is well worth the wait. Drives like a charm - the CV transmission is super smooth, it's a joy to just cruise around in it. You did good ensuring that yours is not getting away, nice going.

t88-supra

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Escape Plug in Hybrid, 97 EVO 4, 69 Mach-1
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Grown men asking for permission to pickup their own truck. If it was mine and it was ready today, I'd take off work to go get this shit done. Not wait for some bum to come back from his hunting trip over the weekend.:ROFLMAO:
has nothing to do with that, this is just a cop out, wait for the salesperson…. If that is a legit dealership, they will hold it.

Last edited:
Sponsored

t88-supra

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
b

Last edited:

t88-supra

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I worked at a dealership in sales for a couple of years and I can tell you go down there and get your truck or someone else is going to sell it. The salesguy when he is gone on vacation already has another salesmen that he's friends with to handle his deals while he is gone.

I promise you before your truck gets out of PDI which is predelivery inspection their already has been 100 people trying to test drive it and buy it. Not to mention every sales guy taking it for Joy rides and shooting videos. They're probably out back trying to do donuts in your truck right now LOL 😂

I'm kind of joking but seriously go get your truck whether it's been through PDI or not. They can PDI it while you're doing the paperwork.
Clearly you did not work for a reputible dealership or they are morons, I work at a reputable dealership and this would NEVER HAPPEN, period

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Okay, thanks. I definitely don't want people driving it. I almost backed out of a car deal years ago because as I was signing the papers some guy got in my car and was messing around with the seat and stuff. I said something and the sales person told him to get out the car was sold. It irritated me though...
Yea and besides you want to be the first person to Fart in your new Truck

Mavonorder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clearly you did not work for a reputible dealership or they are morons, I work at a reputable dealership and this would NEVER HAPPEN, period
The OP's situation happened to me. My truck came in, made an appointment for the next day to test drive and fill out the paperwork and take it home, the sales guy says there isn't time to get the new plate before they close and he's leaving for vacation the next day and won't be back for a few days. The problem was I planned leaving for vacation the day the sales guy was supposed to return so I couldn't pick up the Mav for another week. The tint on the back window needed a small repair, so the sales guy puts in a repair order before we both left for vacation so I sent him an email detailing when I was going to be back and that I'd come in and fill out the paperwork and take the truck.

I came back from vacation as indicated in the email and the window repair was made, filled out the paperwork and everything went as planned and I'm loving the Mav.

If it's a reputable dealership, you should be fine👍
Sponsored