First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just got a call from the service writer saying the found one of my cv joints is binding. hmmm we'll see.
Sponsored

rdw

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hello fellow Maverick owner's, this is my first post. My Maverick has started to shake while accelerating if I put it in sport mode or tow/haul mode it's a bit worse going up a slight grade its shakes even at really low speed, say I'm going 50mph and I put my foot into it, the Maverick will shake really bad like if the tires are about to fall off. I just left the dealer with an appointment on the 7th of June for a diagnosis and the air bag recall. I'm desperate and worried they won't be able to fix it. and I've read of other people on this forum are having the same problem, but they don't post after they take it in for repair. ANY help, advise or answers would be great. Thanks, I really appreciate it. I just had it serviced while I made the appointment and the problem was there before and after, so it's not the tires or wheels out of balance.
Just took my 2022 for same issue and they are replacing both CV axles. We'll see if that's a permanent fix or not.

tycorc585

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
RC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello fellow Maverick owner's, this is my first post. My Maverick has started to shake while accelerating if I put it in sport mode or tow/haul mode it's a bit worse going up a slight grade its shakes even at really low speed, say I'm going 50mph and I put my foot into it, the Maverick will shake really bad like if the tires are about to fall off. I just left the dealer with an appointment on the 7th of June for a diagnosis and the air bag recall. I'm desperate and worried they won't be able to fix it. and I've read of other people on this forum are having the same problem, but they don't post after they take it in for repair. ANY help, advise or answers would be great. Thanks, I really appreciate it. I just had it serviced while I made the appointment and the problem was there before and after, so it's not the tires or wheels out of balance.
Had my barebones xl since April 2022. Shaking started, thought it was bald tires. (Which went baldnafter 15k miles with rotations. Today just bought new tires pulled off and still shaking so went straight to dealer and they immediately wanted to get me into a rental. Now I’m in this thread reading and extremely worried about what’s gonna happen going forward. Damn I love that truck

nickespy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same exact thing on mine, at around 45 to 60 mph it shakes pretty hard

wrswaim

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same exact thing here. Not likely to be anything with joints or axles as there's no shaking in the steering wheel - it has an internal under the hood feel. Called my dealership and they were not aware of the issue.

Told me to bring in and they'll check it out.

Sponsored

nickespy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealership knew about it and the guy working on my truck said he's already done a few. I think it might be a pretty common issue with the hybrid barebones XL 2022 model.

skyhawk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Airplanes motorcycles cars SUVs
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same exact thing here. Not likely to be anything with joints or axles as there's no shaking in the steering wheel - it has an internal under the hood feel. Called my dealership and they were not aware of the issue.

Told me to bring in and they'll check it out.
you will not always get steering wheel shake when you have a bad CV axle, it is a "you might or might not" deal

wrswaim

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
UPDATE: took the truck in for them to look at the shaking with the acceleration problem. Even before looking at it the service rep. insisted it's likely the transmission. I told him it's been happening to more and more across the country and it's ended up being CV axle problem. He asked if that was an internet thing, I said yes - his response? yeah I don't pay attention to that (in other words, I didn't know what I was talking about). An hour later he calls me, said it was the right CV axle (I did all I could to hold back "I told ya so").

I said shouldn't we do both so as to not create more expense and time later? He said they're not allowed, so only the right one is being replaced. The problem is the axles aren't available (maybe due to it happening more? design flaw?) - backordered. So it's on priority order but no idea when it gets here. He also said there still is no bulletin from Ford to service centers on this problem.

I asked if it's safe to drive, his response: "well should be but then I'm not the one driving it." 🙄

Also the recall on the engine catching fire (potentially) is held up because Ford discovered their "fix" didn't work so they are back at the drawing board to figure out how to fix that engine design flaw.

So no idea when my CV axle will get fixed. But the problem was/is indeed the axle.

Last edited:

nickespy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah same with mine, they are on backorder, I'm still driving it for now. My dealership mechanic was really nice about though. He knew instantly and said he's done a lot of them already.

We're trying to figure out the wrench light and check engine light though. He thought the battery was being charged enough but then it happened again. Same thing as this guy here on YouTube. Legit everything happening to his truck has happened to mine.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
UPDATE: took the truck in for them to look at the shaking with the acceleration problem. Even before looking at it the service rep. insisted it's likely the transmission. I told him it's been happening to more and more across the country and it's ended up being CV axle problem. He asked if that was an internet thing, I said yes - his response? yeah I don't pay attention to that (in other words, I didn't know what I was talking about). An hour later he calls me, said it was the right CV axle (I did all I could to hold back "I told ya so").

I said shouldn't we do both so as to not create more expense and time later? He said they're not allowed, so only the right one is being replaced. The problem is the axles aren't available (maybe due to it happening more? design flaw?) - backordered. So it's on priority order but no idea when it gets here. He also said there still is no bulletin from Ford to service centers on this problem.

I asked if it's safe to drive, his response: "well should be but then I'm not the one driving it." 🙄

Also the recall on the engine catching fore (potentially) is held up because Ford discovered their "fix" didn't work so they are back at the drawing board to figure out how to fix that engine design flaw.

So no idea when my CV axle will get fixed. But the problem was/is indeed the axle.
Hey there, Walter! Can you please send me a DM with your VIN and dealer name/location so I can look into this CV axle part concern for you? To send a direct message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation". I'd be happy to see what I can do to assist!

wrswaim

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah same with mine, they are on backorder, I'm still driving it for now. My dealership mechanic was really nice about though. He knew instantly and said he's done a lot of them already.

We're trying to figure out the wrench light and check engine light though. He thought the battery was being charged enough but then it happened again. Same thing as this guy here on YouTube. Legit everything happening to his truck has happened to mine.

Is it safe to drive with the CV axle shake? Been since 8/23 and no axle parts still and the shaking is getting worse.

nickespy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is it safe to drive with the CV axle shake? Been since 8/23 and no axle parts still and the shaking is getting worse.

Mine is also getting worse, I drive around 750 miles a week. I think it's pretty safe as long as you are aware of limitations on the truck right now. I don't drive over 80mph, I don't take it off road or anything. I'm honestly really easy on it. Mine is all highway so I figured the worst that can happen is the 1 axle bottoms out and I just need to pull over.

Bigronron

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus rx350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks, but no, it only happens on acceleration, and when decelerating the shaking stops completely.
Half shafts,cv shafts, or cv axles, whatever you call them they fail like the rest of us on the thread. I’ve had both of mine replaced and mine are both bad for a second time.

Matt Marsolais

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid xlt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have this issue and the dealer has to call an engineer from ford because they don’t have a clue what’s going on
Sponsored