First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
too late, I already left my truck there last night and took the loaner car from them. There are three other dealers within an hor drive and none would provide a loaner car and the earliest any of them could look at my vehicle was november 27th.
Yep well time to see what they say. Service manager need to explain what he means about a rear axle. :unsure:
Sponsored

23grayXLT84

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 hybrid xlt base.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From watching this forum, it appears all Mavericks may have front axle concerns, have seen it mentioned on hybrids and Ecoboosts...My truck decided to shake when getting on highway last week, but hasn't acted up since, I immediately thought of CV joint concern...(hence, why there is a parts backlog for axle shafts)...my truck has 11k on it...almost 2 years old
Its a big issue and they either have a serious design flaw or a major quality problem - or both.

What I would like to know is if new parts are of better quality/design or if these issues will be ongoing.

fact that it is both ECO and Hybrid (different part numbers) is even more insteresting.

Waterick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mav Lariat, '14 Prius, '83 'Stang, more...
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

is this ford motor company that replied really actually associated with ford motor company?
Yes, you should follow his instructions , he's legit.. He may (or may not) actually provide useful support on this matter to your dealer. We never really get to know. lol!
Edit: to message him. Click on his user ID and then use the "start conversation" button.

Last edited:

Vaportrail

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
thats what i thought but this guy said it has the same rear axle as the ford bronco and the broncos are know to be bad. That is exactly what the service manager told me.
Not sure what kinda "services" your guy manages, but I don't think I'd want him in charge of my maverick...

OP
OP

Odoubleto

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, you should follow his instructions , he's legit.. He may (or may not) actually provide useful support on this matter to your dealer. We never really get to know. lol!
Edit: to message him. Click on his user ID and then use the "start conversation" button.
I did that

Sponsored

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
thats what i thought but this guy said it has the same rear axle as the ford bronco and the broncos are know to be bad. That is exactly what the service manager told me.
that's some dealer you have there :ROFLMAO:
Ford Maverick truck shaking while driving 3AWQWx

Caffeinated

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Caffeinator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From watching this forum, it appears all Mavericks may have front axle concerns, have seen it mentioned on hybrids and Ecoboosts...My truck decided to shake when getting on highway last week, but hasn't acted up since, I immediately thought of CV joint concern...(hence, why there is a parts backlog for axle shafts)...my truck has 11k on it...almost 2 years old
Same. Mine also started shaking during a long road trip. It’s 19 months old. I took it into the dealership for maintenance and emissions recall, and told the service tech about the shudder when I dropped it off. She said they saw nothing wrong with it and there were no indicator lights showing that anything might be wrong. But I know differently.

generalmgr

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Same. Mine also started shaking during a long road trip. It’s 19 months old. I took it into the dealership for maintenance and emissions recall, and told the service tech about the shudder when I dropped it off. She said they saw nothing wrong with it and there were no indicator lights showing that anything might be wrong. But I know differently.
It's that sort of response from a Ford service manager that makes me want to scream. I just do not understand why their first response is always no. In other words, no, we can't find the same issue that you mention. Like, do they think we are bringing in our vehicles for the fun of it? The mindset is that they need to find out a reason to not cover your warranty, and you have to be the one to convince them it is in fact an actual problem. They get paid by Ford to perform warranty work! Secondly, this service manager knows quite well that an axle failure is not going to trigger any DTCs. How frustrating. In all my years of buying new cars, I have never encountered the sort of thinking as I see from Ford's dealers.. This Maverick is my first new Ford since 1990, and now I remember why I never went back, and I buy a new car at least every other year.

Don't get me wrong - I love the look and style of my truck....but the overall build quality just does not seem good. And for those who say it is a cheap truck, mine was $31k. Sorry but that is a good chunk of change. I understand economy, I do not understand sacrificing quality for economy, which is what seems to have happened with the Maverick. Do they want to be the Yugo of the truck world? (I'm using that extreme of an example only to make the point).

I just realized, seems like almost every post I make on this forum is negative.... and I'm generally not a negative person, not a complainer by nature. My apologies for that.

It's sad that I am kinda nervous to put a lot of miles on my truck. It mostly sits in my garage looking pretty. This coming from someone who has put 70,000 miles on a car in one year, more than once.

I posted this in another thread, it is worth re-posting...speaks for itself. The JD Power numbers do not lie, it's the one survey you can pretty much bank on:

Ford Maverick truck shaking while driving 1699895485646

Vaportrail

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Took my truck to a dealer because it was shaling while driving. I went to have the tires checked balanced and rotated twice before take to ford service. While the tires were off second time I noticed it looke dlike fluid was leaking from drivers side front axle area. I informed the dealer service advisor of this when i dropped it off and left it all day to be looked at and diagnose the problem.

after work i went to pick it up and they informed me that the passenger side cv boot axle needs replacing. They said they ordered the part and it will arrive in a few days. I took it back to have it removed and replaced. Upon picking up the truck the second time after they replaced the passenger side axle they informed me that the technician noticed a leak on the drivers side - the one I told them was leaking when i dropped it off the first time- and that they ordered the opart and it would arrive in a couple weeks and that my maverick was safe to drive in the mean time.

Three weeks later they do not have the part and do not know when it will be in. At this point i was pissed of and not wanting to drive my truck that shakes when accelerating. I called ford and the dealer numerous times. The parts person wanted me to pay extra to buy it from a dealer even though its under warranty. i said no. I decided to go to the dealer when the service manager would not take my calls or call me back.

The service manager drove my truck and said he thinks it was misdiagnosed and is actually something wrong with the rear axle but they need to troubleshoot it. This evening i dropped it off to be looked at to determine the issue tomorrow. They provided me a loaner car.

I will keep y'all informed
Any updates on the hybrid rear axle???

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Took my truck to a dealer because it was shaling while driving. I went to have the tires checked balanced and rotated twice before take to ford service. While the tires were off second time I noticed it looke dlike fluid was leaking from drivers side front axle area. I informed the dealer service advisor of this when i dropped it off and left it all day to be looked at and diagnose the problem.

after work i went to pick it up and they informed me that the passenger side cv boot axle needs replacing. They said they ordered the part and it will arrive in a few days. I took it back to have it removed and replaced. Upon picking up the truck the second time after they replaced the passenger side axle they informed me that the technician noticed a leak on the drivers side - the one I told them was leaking when i dropped it off the first time- and that they ordered the opart and it would arrive in a couple weeks and that my maverick was safe to drive in the mean time.

Three weeks later they do not have the part and do not know when it will be in. At this point i was pissed of and not wanting to drive my truck that shakes when accelerating. I called ford and the dealer numerous times. The parts person wanted me to pay extra to buy it from a dealer even though its under warranty. i said no. I decided to go to the dealer when the service manager would not take my calls or call me back.

The service manager drove my truck and said he thinks it was misdiagnosed and is actually something wrong with the rear axle but they need to troubleshoot it. This evening i dropped it off to be looked at to determine the issue tomorrow. They provided me a loaner car.

I will keep y'all informed
I'd call that a "tank slapper". Usually has to do with looseness somewhere in the suspension, weight distribution, or a combination of. Your guy needs some more experience and troubleshooting skills.

Sponsored

CajunMick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Heman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Gotta watch these service writers or managers. And one needs to read up, learn as much as one can about the vehicles they drive. Case in point - brought my F250 for service. The service writer suggested changing lube oil in rear differential. I asked why. He says Ford recommended. We argued. My truck prob had 40k mikes. I pointed out to him the rear is a Sterling unit, and unless for some contamination of sort, good for life. I pointed out the dually axles, rear ends need fluid change at 45k miles. He not convince, asked him to pull up truck manual on his PC, and presto! right there it justified what I stated.

I then asked again…are you sure your techs are qualified? 😆

OP
OP

Odoubleto

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I no longer own the maverick. I loved the truck while I had it. It was at the dealer for 30 days and I decided it was the best time to trade it in. Toyota gave me really good value on it even though it still was not repaired. They knew it was under warranty still. Now I drive a Tacoma. The truck probably still is not fixed yet.

vRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
Undecided
I no longer own the maverick. I loved the truck while I had it. It was at the dealer for 30 days and I decided it was the best time to trade it in. Toyota gave me really good value on it even though it still was not repaired. They knew it was under warranty still. Now I drive a Tacoma. The truck probably still is not fixed yet.
What year was your Maverick and how many miles did it have on it when it started the shaking issue?

OP
OP

Odoubleto

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What year was your Maverick and how many miles did it have on it when it started the shaking issue?
2022 xlt hybrid 43k