Chet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor Lariat, 2021 Santa Fe Limited
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Happy Father’s Day to all the dads in Maverick Land. Wanted to give a shout-out to my dad for converting from a lifetime of owning Chevy and GM trucks to owning a Maverick at the age of 87.

When I bought my Hot Pepper Red Maverick in March 2022, my dad fell in love with after showing it off to him several time. I really like the HPR color, but like the blue just a little bit better. Also, long term I wanted to have an AWD truck, plus I wanted a sunroof and Lux package.

So, I mentioned to my dad last summer that I was going to order a 2023 Maverick when the order banks opened. (BTW, I bought my HPR from a dealer 175 miles away when the original buyer declined the order.) Late last August, he called me at 6am one morning. I thought something had happened to my mom… but he asked me if I would be would willing to sell him my Maverick after I received my new one. He said he would pay fair market price for it. Of course, I said yes.

So, I ordered my Atlas Blue Maverick on 9/15/2022 and the waiting began…. I received several of the 45-day update emails, but finally on February 9, I received an email from Ford that my Maverick was scheduled for production. It was declared built by Ford on 4/23, and shipped on 5/2.

As a side note, the most aggravating thing in the entire logistics process was the time my Maverick spent in the rail yard in Chicago (nearly 4 weeks). The rail yard is like a black hole where neither the folks at Ford Customer Service nor my dealership could give me a straight answer on whether my truck would be delivered in 2 days, 2 weeks, or 2 months. It was very frustrating and that’s the one thing I ripped Ford Motor Company on in my evaluation of the purchase of my truck.

Enough ranting…. On June 8 my truck was delivered to the dealership and I took possession the following day. The folks at Expressway Ford in Mt Vernon honored the original MSRP and did not go the hard-sell route on the gimmicky extras that many dealerships would do.

Later in the day on June 9, Dad and I officially transferred ownership of the HPR Mav. The Maverick replaces a 2002 Chevy Silverado with 280,000 miles on it. (My brother has taken ownership of this truck.)

I went down to visit him yesterday for Father’s Day and my brother took the picture below. He loves the truck, but is, shall we say, technology-challenged, so I was happy to continue showing him how the drive modes worked, Auto-Stop, etc.

My parents have custody of their 17 year old granddaughter, and she loves the Maverick; even more than the Hyundai Sonata that my parents recently bought.

I’m very happy that I was able to get the 2022 Maverick to him. I was so worried earlier in the year that my 2023 order would never get built, etc.; and my dad’s not getting any younger.

I never thought I would see the day that my dad would drive, much less own, a Ford product. This just shows the wide appeal of the Maverick.

Once again, Happy Father’s Day to All!!

Maverick Photo_17 Jun 2023.jpg
What a Great story!! Have fun with your new Mavericks & thanks for sharing your story with us!!
Sponsored

imboden013

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Happy Father’s Day to all the dads in Maverick Land. Wanted to give a shout-out to my dad for converting from a lifetime of owning Chevy and GM trucks to owning a Maverick at the age of 87.

When I bought my Hot Pepper Red Maverick in March 2022, my dad fell in love with after showing it off to him several time. I really like the HPR color, but like the blue just a little bit better. Also, long term I wanted to have an AWD truck, plus I wanted a sunroof and Lux package.

So, I mentioned to my dad last summer that I was going to order a 2023 Maverick when the order banks opened. (BTW, I bought my HPR from a dealer 175 miles away when the original buyer declined the order.) Late last August, he called me at 6am one morning. I thought something had happened to my mom… but he asked me if I would be would willing to sell him my Maverick after I received my new one. He said he would pay fair market price for it. Of course, I said yes.

So, I ordered my Atlas Blue Maverick on 9/15/2022 and the waiting began…. I received several of the 45-day update emails, but finally on February 9, I received an email from Ford that my Maverick was scheduled for production. It was declared built by Ford on 4/23, and shipped on 5/2.

As a side note, the most aggravating thing in the entire logistics process was the time my Maverick spent in the rail yard in Chicago (nearly 4 weeks). The rail yard is like a black hole where neither the folks at Ford Customer Service nor my dealership could give me a straight answer on whether my truck would be delivered in 2 days, 2 weeks, or 2 months. It was very frustrating and that’s the one thing I ripped Ford Motor Company on in my evaluation of the purchase of my truck.

Enough ranting…. On June 8 my truck was delivered to the dealership and I took possession the following day. The folks at Expressway Ford in Mt Vernon honored the original MSRP and did not go the hard-sell route on the gimmicky extras that many dealerships would do.

Later in the day on June 9, Dad and I officially transferred ownership of the HPR Mav. The Maverick replaces a 2002 Chevy Silverado with 280,000 miles on it. (My brother has taken ownership of this truck.)

I went down to visit him yesterday for Father’s Day and my brother took the picture below. He loves the truck, but is, shall we say, technology-challenged, so I was happy to continue showing him how the drive modes worked, Auto-Stop, etc.

My parents have custody of their 17 year old granddaughter, and she loves the Maverick; even more than the Hyundai Sonata that my parents recently bought.

I’m very happy that I was able to get the 2022 Maverick to him. I was so worried earlier in the year that my 2023 order would never get built, etc.; and my dad’s not getting any younger.

I never thought I would see the day that my dad would drive, much less own, a Ford product. This just shows the wide appeal of the Maverick.

Your dad sure doesn’t look 87. Hope he enjoys his Mav for many years to come.

imboden013

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Happy Father's Day! And thanks for sharing your story.

I love the Maverick and would likely remain a fan if I could get an EcoBoost.
As mine nears 30K miles, with a little bumper-to-bumper warranty left, my confidence is shaken with my hybrid due to unresolved issues. As I start to ponder alternatives, the EcoBoost looks appealing, but I can't stomach the wait, which would be at-risk due to warranty expiration of my current Maverick. Seems like I was mistaken thinking the hybrid was the safer choice for long-term ownership vs. the turbo.

Congratulations again, enjoy those Mavericks!
Go online to granger ford or floodfordesp.com and buy an extended ford warranty. I bought a 7 year/100,000 mile premium plan with $200 deduct for $1210 from Flood.

Deleted member 12536

Great story

Deleted member 12536

Same story but I'm only 63
chevy all my life
I get mine in july 🤞

Sponsored

jwilson

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PENDING MAV XLT/Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

This is really, really good internet. Thank you!

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks. I considered the Hybrid but couldn’t / wouldn’t for the following reasons:
  1. The extremely lopsided ratio of Hybrids / EB with respect to Ford’s production constraints, making it relatively unlikely that my Hybrid would ever get built.
  2. The Hybrid reliability issues documented throughout this forum and mentioned in your post.
  3. The fact that I work in the petroleum industry, and there’s a definite bias against Hybrids and most definitely against EVs.
When I retire in 7-10 years, if the Hybrid becomes available with AWD and Ford resolves the production issues, I will seriously consider a Hybrid Maverick. Until then I’m happy with the EcoBoost.
Thanks for your input, mr mojo risen and others. I will certainly attempt to get an Ecoboost, but I'm not sure of the July 17th Order + ten months thing.
Enjoy the trucks, they look great!

pawalsh610

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Maverick 1st Edition Lariat, Mazda 2
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Thanks for sharing your story. I thought it was interesting that I had the same black hole frustration with my truck's time in rail yard purgatory in CO. The rail yard even reported to Ford that the truck was delivered to the dealer 2 weeks before it showed up on their lot (5 miles from the rail yard).
Given that I can track my Amazon deliveries as they work their way thru my neighborhood it does not make any sense that Ford does not do a better job tracking the transportation of vehicles via rail.

Gunny Buck

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat AWD Fx4 Luxury
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have been a Chevy owner since 1972. My 2022 Lariat Eco AWD Luxury Fx4 is my first Ford. My average MPG is 33. I've been getting 36mpg my last 2 fill-ups. Love my truck

Ford Maverick Life-long Chevy man converts to Ford Maverick IMG_20220630_183105

Ford Maverick Life-long Chevy man converts to Ford Maverick IMG_20220703_184130

Sponsored

2lbgill

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLTHybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hooray for your Dad, at 85 i'm waiting for my XTL to get to the dealer as It was shipped June 3rd. I have been a Ford guy for 50 years and never had a serious problem.

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Be nice if the Mav could last as long as that Chevy did. What I don't understand in this day of just in time inventory. Why even have lots? Seems like a waste of resources. Maybe if more effort was put in to getting them to the customer more money would be saved. My Mav spent more time in the last than it did getting to NJ from Mexico. I am sure at 87 your Dad will appreciate the size of the Mav. I am 68 and sppreciate the size and all the safety features.

thev8man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid XL, 2023 XLT Tremor
Engine
Undecided
Clubs

Also left GM in the wind.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Great story! One of the unique aspects of the the Maverick is its ability to bring together people of all ages, backgrounds, and abilities. While many of us complain of the scarce supply, in a way that scarcity makes us owners and hopefuls a little more bonded. Couple that with how the new Maverick is begging to be discovered, we shall see more of these great stories.

WNYEscapee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick, 2019 Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I know the feeling of a technology challenged parent. Went through much the same experience when I bought my mom a laptop.
It's great you get to experience a shared interest with your dad. Hope there's many years of enjoyment ahead for both of you.
Sponsored