First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick, 2020 VW Passat, 2015 Nissan Sentra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We’ll see. His 2002 Silverado was rear-ended 2 years ago, and he accepted an insurance settlement as a total loss and got a salvage title on the truck.
Sponsored

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Your Dad looks greet at 87 years young. He looks even better standing next to his new to him Maverick. It a wonderful thing to bring those lost to the dark side of Chevrolet to the good side of the force. (y)

MM Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Luxury w/CP360 + CP360A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@JBryant my dad died when I was 16. He'd be 78 now. So today since you can't get a Happy Father's Day message from your daughter and I can't wish my dad one, I hereby decree you as my MTC dad and extend very Happy Father's Day wishes to you.
Hugs MTC dad!!! You are loved and appreciated. Thank you for all you've done for your family and community. 😍🤗

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@JBryant my dad died when I was 16. He'd be 78 now. So today since you can't get a Happy Father's Day message from your daughter and I can't wish my dad one, I hereby decree you as my MTC dad and extend very Happy Father's Day wishes to you.
Hugs MTC dad!!! You are loved and appreciated. Thank you for all you've done for your family and community. 😍🤗
Thank you sir. That means the world to me and you are so kind to post this. Must have been hard to lose your dad when you were a teenager, and I lost my daughter when she was 29. All holidays are tough, but God gives the grace to make it through. Again, thank you my friend and maybe someday our paths will cross. This MTC family is the absolute BEST.

Sponsored

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As a side note, the most aggravating thing in the entire logistics process was the time my Maverick spent in the rail yard in Chicago (nearly 4 weeks). The rail yard is like a black hole where neither the folks at Ford Customer Service nor my dealership could give me a straight answer on whether my truck would be delivered in 2 days, 2 weeks, or 2 months. It was very frustrating and that’s the one thing I ripped Ford Motor Company on in my evaluation of the purchase of my truck.
Ford nor the dealer have any control of how long it sits at the rail drop waiting for a truck transport. They do not know how long it will take. You should not blame someone without knowing the facts.

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford nor the dealer have any control of how long it sits at the rail drop waiting for a truck transport. They do not know how long it will take. You should not blame someone without knowing the facts.
Uh... wut? I mean, I get the whole logistics answer but they (all these manufactures) have vehicles sitting for MONTHS in lots. GM right now is having it really bad. If they don't know, then who does? UPS? AMTrack? Where does the order tracking actually begin and who is to be held accountable? Because it's still on the production lots by who... you guessed it.... the manufacturer.

Tell me more about "facts". I'm all for having the argument of telling people to be patient, but acting like nobody is to blame and that these manufacturers are absolved of accountability? Naïve and stupid.

At this point, what they should be doing is building covered lots. Because vehicles sit on these lots for months on end and since apparently nobody is responsible for the logistics... at least then they wouldn't be subject to the elements. GM Wentzville just had MAJOR hail damage to what they underestimated and lied was 30% of their lot. Now people are supposed to take hail damaged vehicles? Even after a make shift repair, that is unacceptable. In Wentzville of all places.... ffs, someone should have seen that one coming.

So this whole "get the facts" argument you have would make a lot more sense if you actually had some facts. Is the dealer to blame? No. Is the manufacturer to blame? Yes. Prove me wrong. And clearly, I am not biased towards anyone - this is how the industry is currently. It needs fixed. Patience is a virtue and all, and I have experienced the whole thing from good to bad in the ordering process and it's only gotten worse this year alone. Much worse actually.

This isn't even an argument about the shortages and hardships the manufacturers are experiencing, this is about their lack of accountability and the fact they are biting off more than they can chew.

Last edited:

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Happy Father’s Day to all the dads in Maverick Land. Wanted to give a shout-out to my dad for converting from a lifetime of owning Chevy and GM trucks to owning a Maverick at the age of 87.

When I bought my Hot Pepper Red Maverick in March 2022, my dad fell in love with after showing it off to him several time. I really like the HPR color, but like the blue just a little bit better. Also, long term I wanted to have an AWD truck, plus I wanted a sunroof and Lux package.

So, I mentioned to my dad last summer that I was going to order a 2023 Maverick when the order banks opened. (BTW, I bought my HPR from a dealer 175 miles away when the original buyer declined the order.) Late last August, he called me at 6am one morning. I thought something had happened to my mom… but he asked me if I would be would willing to sell him my Maverick after I received my new one. He said he would pay fair market price for it. Of course, I said yes.

So, I ordered my Atlas Blue Maverick on 9/15/2022 and the waiting began…. I received several of the 45-day update emails, but finally on February 9, I received an email from Ford that my Maverick was scheduled for production. It was declared built by Ford on 4/23, and shipped on 5/2.

As a side note, the most aggravating thing in the entire logistics process was the time my Maverick spent in the rail yard in Chicago (nearly 4 weeks). The rail yard is like a black hole where neither the folks at Ford Customer Service nor my dealership could give me a straight answer on whether my truck would be delivered in 2 days, 2 weeks, or 2 months. It was very frustrating and that’s the one thing I ripped Ford Motor Company on in my evaluation of the purchase of my truck.

Enough ranting…. On June 8 my truck was delivered to the dealership and I took possession the following day. The folks at Expressway Ford in Mt Vernon honored the original MSRP and did not go the hard-sell route on the gimmicky extras that many dealerships would do.

Later in the day on June 9, Dad and I officially transferred ownership of the HPR Mav. The Maverick replaces a 2002 Chevy Silverado with 280,000 miles on it. (My brother has taken ownership of this truck.)

I went down to visit him yesterday for Father’s Day and my brother took the picture below. He loves the truck, but is, shall we say, technology-challenged, so I was happy to continue showing him how the drive modes worked, Auto-Stop, etc.

My parents have custody of their 17 year old granddaughter, and she loves the Maverick; even more than the Hyundai Sonata that my parents recently bought.

I’m very happy that I was able to get the 2022 Maverick to him. I was so worried earlier in the year that my 2023 order would never get built, etc.; and my dad’s not getting any younger.

I never thought I would see the day that my dad would drive, much less own, a Ford product. This just shows the wide appeal of the Maverick.

Once again, Happy Father’s Day to All!!

Maverick Photo_17 Jun 2023.jpg
Happy Father's Day, Brian! And thank you for sharing!

VICKY

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK 2.L ECO-BOOST & Mazda Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Happy Father’s Day to all the dads in Maverick Land. Wanted to give a shout-out to my dad for converting from a lifetime of owning Chevy and GM trucks to owning a Maverick at the age of 87.

When I bought my Hot Pepper Red Maverick in March 2022, my dad fell in love with after showing it off to him several time. I really like the HPR color, but like the blue just a little bit better. Also, long term I wanted to have an AWD truck, plus I wanted a sunroof and Lux package.

So, I mentioned to my dad last summer that I was going to order a 2023 Maverick when the order banks opened. (BTW, I bought my HPR from a dealer 175 miles away when the original buyer declined the order.) Late last August, he called me at 6am one morning. I thought something had happened to my mom… but he asked me if I would be would willing to sell him my Maverick after I received my new one. He said he would pay fair market price for it. Of course, I said yes.

So, I ordered my Atlas Blue Maverick on 9/15/2022 and the waiting began…. I received several of the 45-day update emails, but finally on February 9, I received an email from Ford that my Maverick was scheduled for production. It was declared built by Ford on 4/23, and shipped on 5/2.

Enough ranting…. On June 8 my truck was delivered to the dealership and I took possession the following day. The folks at Expressway Ford in Mt Vernon honored the original MSRP and did not go the hard-sell route on the gimmicky extras that many dealerships would do.

Later in the day on June 9, Dad and I officially transferred ownership of the HPR Mav. The Maverick replaces a 2002 Chevy Silverado with 280,000 miles on it. (My brother has taken ownership of this truck.)

I went down to visit him yesterday for Father’s Day and my brother took the picture below. He loves the truck, but is, shall we say, technology-challenged, so I was happy to continue showing him how the drive modes worked, Auto-Stop, etc.

My parents have custody of their 17 year old granddaughter, and she loves the Maverick; even more than the Hyundai Sonata that my parents recently bought.

I’m very happy that I was able to get the 2022 Maverick to him. I was so worried earlier in the year that my 2023 order would never get built, etc.; and my dad’s not getting any younger.

I never thought I would see the day that my dad would drive, much less own, a Ford product. This just shows the wide appeal of the Maverick.

GREAT, couldn't resist my Jeff Foxworthy calendar for you guys today!

Ford Maverick Life-long Chevy man converts to Ford Maverick chevy vs ford

Bosn2002

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 ford maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Glad ur dad likes the Mav, selling my 2019 Colorado , ( can’t afford 3 car insurance rates) loving my Area 51 2023 XL Hybrid . Yeah Chicago railyards are a black hole , retired train dispatcher and darn glad I left when I did . Enjoy your trucks .

Sponsored

mcgarveyjb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT W/Lux and spray in
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That’s an Awesome story, what a wonderful Father’s Day. If he’s like me he will really appreciate the ease of getting in/out of it. I always drove 4x4 F150’s but my body was starting to fuss
Exactly,!!!!

Oscarcat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Lariat, Lexus NX 300, PT Cruiser 5 spd. C172P
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Nicely written and great story. Have dad think of the display as a book with chapters. Chapter on audio. Chapter on settings. etc. Within each chapter are sub-chapters or topics.

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Uh... wut? I mean, I get the whole logistics answer but they (all these manufactures) have vehicles sitting for MONTHS in lots. GM right now is having it really bad. If they don't know, then who does? UPS? AMTrack? Where does the order tracking actually begin and who is to be held accountable? Because it's still on the production lots by who... you guessed it.... the manufacturer.

Tell me more about "facts". I'm all for having the argument of telling people to be patient, but acting like nobody is to blame and that these manufacturers are absolved of accountability? Naïve and stupid.

At this point, what they should be doing is building covered lots. Because vehicles sit on these lots for months on end and since apparently nobody is responsible for the logistics... at least then they wouldn't be subject to the elements. GM Wentzville just had MAJOR hail damage to what they underestimated and lied was 30% of their lot. Now people are supposed to take hail damaged vehicles? Even after a make shift repair, that is unacceptable. In Wentzville of all places.... ffs, someone should have seen that one coming.

So this whole "get the facts" argument you have would make a lot more sense if you actually had some facts. Is the dealer to blame? No. Is the manufacturer to blame? Yes. Prove me wrong. And clearly, I am not biased towards anyone - this is how the industry is currently. It needs fixed. Patience is a virtue and all, and I have experienced the whole thing from good to bad in the ordering process and it's only gotten worse this year alone. Much worse actually.

This isn't even an argument about the shortages and hardships the manufacturers are experiencing, this is about their lack of accountability and the fact they are biting off more than they can chew.
Not sure how to respond to your wandering rant. First, this isn't the worst year for ordering/delivery process. People have been complaining for years and years.
You want the car manufacturers to build covered parking lots for the built cars before they are transported? So we should pay more for our cars for rare weather occurrences. And covered lots at the raildrop, the transport trucks should be enclosed, the dealer lots covered? I've had many cars for decades, none weather damaged during production, transport or even while I've owned them. I don't want to pay extra for all of that cost.
A few years ago I was associated with a customer vice president of a large car company and I would bring to him issues people were having with delayed orders. He would determine what the issue was and if it was out of process he would move the order forward. He said they had zero power once it leaves the factory. He also related that any order info systems they had facing the order holder were optional. They had tried a more robust system a few years earlier but they had so many people complaining about every little thing they took it down. Car manufacturers communicate with their customer, the dealers. The dealers need to communicate with their customer, the car buyer. There are dealers that are poor communicators. If so don't do business with them.
I'd rather manufacturers concentrate on building vehicles instead of hand holding. Otherwise they will move to the Asian model and not do custom orders anymore, just build what they want and send to dealer lots. They could build them faster that way.

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not sure how to respond to your wandering rant. First, this isn't the worst year for ordering/delivery process. People have been complaining for years and years.
You want the car manufacturers to build covered parking lots for the built cars before they are transported? So we should pay more for our cars for rare weather occurrences. And covered lots at the raildrop, the transport trucks should be enclosed, the dealer lots covered? I've had many cars for decades, none weather damaged during production, transport or even while I've owned them. I don't want to pay extra for all of that cost.
A few years ago I was associated with a customer vice president of a large car company and I would bring to him issues people were having with delayed orders. He would determine what the issue was and if it was out of process he would move the order forward. He said they had zero power once it leaves the factory. He also related that any order info systems they had facing the order holder were optional. They had tried a more robust system a few years earlier but they had so many people complaining about every little thing they took it down. Car manufacturers communicate with their customer, the dealers. The dealers need to communicate with their customer, the car buyer. There are dealers that are poor communicators. If so don't do business with them.
I'd rather manufacturers concentrate on building vehicles instead of hand holding. Otherwise they will move to the Asian model and not do custom orders anymore, just build what they want and send to dealer lots. They could build them faster that way.

Pay more for the lots? You want US to pay more? Dude... look at the cost of vehicles currently. They can afford to build coverings (which btw was a suggestion and not to be taken as a final measure solution). Maybe you need to google the salaries of these board members/execs compared to how much they are paying employees to pump out thousands of vehicles per year.

This is without a doubt the worst year so far (not counting the actual first year of COVID where production outright halted). There are SO MANY reports of dealers not having a single clue and customers knowing more about the status of their order - thanks to forums like these. And now it's even worse because production codes are meaningless when they sit at that code for months. People are waiting on orders that have been accepted to even begin production for months on end now. Chevy Colorado ZR2's got accepted 4 months ago and not a single one has been produced yet. They are not the only ones doing this either. If it wasn't for the forums and insiders - there would be ZERO information for people. We are lucky to have people leaking information about production when and where we can get it. Will production speed up once a certain model has been in the lineup for a couple years? Sure! We would hope so... but the zero allocation things kind of proves otherwise, doesn't it?

You also didn't seem to actually understand anything I said. I outright said the majority of dealers are not to blame - and yet you still hold nobody accountable and say "don't do business with bad dealers".

To answer your baseless assumptions - YES! I want the manufacturer to take accountability for "rare occurrences" as you put it. I don't care what hoops they have to jump through. If you truly believe "people have been complaining for years" then clearly they have not done a good job at problem solving. Now you are seeing dealers getting zero allocations for vehicles even. So tell me again it's not getting worse... Like I said, I've played this game the past 4 years and it's very clear they are in over their heads. All people want is accountability and a better "open door policy". And you act like it's too much to ask for? You are literally complaining about people complaining. Maybe it's time to change the business model and the way you see complaints.

Again, I have no biasness towards any manufacturer, and I've seen it get worse and worse over the past couple years across the board. Your solution is to start producing random lower trim models but they are already doing that lol. Why do you think cloth seat vehicles without what should be basic safety features in 2023 are being pushed out for a premium price? Can you get a full size truck with leather and blind spot monitoring/back up camera/pedestrian alerts for under $60k? Nope. So yea... cover the damn lots, figure out the logistics, fulfill your orders - or just stop taking them all together.

People are totally right to be concerned. That said, it's why I refuse to wait on an order now days. I won't even attempt to place one especially considering most places want a deposit that is non refundable. I know what to expect, and it's not good. But I can't blame someone who finally finds themselves in a position to get something new and reliable only to be dragged around for a year and then some. Not one bit. Those fortunate enough to have orders fulfilled are nothing short of lucky and you act like it's just normal and can't be changed. It can, it should be, and it's overdue for accountability.

I understand you may interpret this as someone armchairing how logistics work at the leadership level, and I'm fine with your assumption of that - but it's clearly not the case. Visit ANY forum that has information about the order process and production and you will get the same info across the board.

The biggest FACT that we can all agree on is - this is what happens when you rely too much on outsourced goods and build a production model off short term supplies. Somethings going to change - the question is how and when?

Last edited:

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Exactly,!!!!
Had to laugh because the loaner they gave me when I took my Maverick in this AM is a 23 Explorer and I thought I was a midget trying to step up to get in! I’m so happy with the size of my Maverick and my body doesn’t have to fuss getting in 🤣 BTW, the seats are way too soft and poor gas mileage. I’m spoiled 😊👍🏻
Sponsored