First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wanted a new truck. Don’t need full-size. Had a Colorado and never again. Don’t like the Ranger. Looks like the brakes are always slammed and ass end is up in the air. Maverick is just right. Only other vehicle I would want is a Bronco. We have a Sport. Wife wants me to sell the Mav and get one. I just don’t need it.
Sponsored

TB84

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mavxl
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm a mid aged retired veteran and long time truck owner. The truck bed is nice when needed but, so is secure temp controlled storage. I don't do a "lot" of driving and wife has an SUV. The mpg and base price are my reasons for ordering the Mav. I'm out the door as cheap and, with better mpg than most compact cars. Any truck tends to hold better resale in my area and the ability to tow a mower etc. is a need. I would have been happy with a Forester, Rav4, etc. (and a hitch). The price of any SUV was at a min of 5-10k above the Mav and supply still limited. The Mav for me is basic transportation with good mpg, the ability for limited towing/hauling, and lower price. I drive a XL F150 now. I expect the Mav to ride better even in the base config.

Last edited:

FordHybrid

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It is interesting that some one dislikes a vehicle for something it wasn't designed to do. Also, to have all the comfort desired, you have to pay for it, therefore twice the cost. In my opinion, it is unrealistic expectation. You get what you pay for.

AnthonyMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I also have an Atlas—similar to the Telluride—and it’s a totally different vehicle. Can’t begin to compare them.

adding the fact that the Maverick is the cheapest vehicle ford makes, and at the base price of $19,995, it’s one of the cheapest new vehicles you can buy, and definitely the cheapest truck you
can buy, it seems like people need to set expectations based on those parameters.

It’s a Swatch, as opposed to a Rolex. They’ll both tell you the correct time, but one is cheap and cheerful, and the other has a different set of descriptors to it.

Sponsored

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Telluride is a great rig - But an open bed truck is what I want again in life after selling my 1992 B2600 - Throw a stinky grill in the back, dirt bike, kayaks compost ,trees, throw a camp pad in the bed, tailgate party with crock pot. Hard to compare a 3rd row vehicle to a small truck but I get it but we did opt for an AWD Lariat/LUX for the creature comforts -

KenC

Banned
Banned
First Name
First
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck.
I got my Mav in December. I love it. Threw some stuff in the back, took it on minor trips, the whole nine.

But…… I’m kinda eh. I researched the hell out of it. Drove all over NC wanting to sit in one and drive one. Did all of the research in the world.
But now, I find myself struggling to get comfortable in the front seat with my kids in the back. I find myself just ok with it.

I want to love it.

I really do.

But I test drove a Telluride with my wife, and I just felt all the fun and comfort that I struggle to find with the Mav.

That and I have $14k in equity.

I’m probably going to get rid of it soon.

Oh, well. It is what it is. 🙂
Bye!

stick

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep wrangler 4xe; 13 vw gli; 21 maverick xlt
I get the seat comfort, I spent 6 hours in one day and struggled on staying comfortable with really no support under the thigh (found thigh supports on amazon that I am going to try). But this is not my main car for trips. we had a Yukon denali for that which we traded for a phev Jeep wrangler - wanted the battery range for the short in town trips. Large SUV took about $100 every two weeks in gas BEFORE this inflation hit. My jeep was 14 gal every 6 weeks (plus 17kw/day). My mav does everything I need it too as a weekend warrior with my kids. Yep, sounds like you just got the wrong car, but budget for lux SUV gas too. good luck and be thankful you got the only vehicle this year that is worth 25% MORE as soon as you drive it off the lot. Well done on that point! Side note, got solar installed and a heat pump and the phev - love living with almost NO energy costs! use to be thousands. now total for home and car maybe $100 total/mo

Last edited:

Micheal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Micheal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Escape Hy, 2014 Escape, 2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
But now, I find myself struggling to get comfortable in the front seat with my kids in the back. I find myself just ok with it.
That discomfort may be the extra $20,000 in your back pocket causing the pain. You're comparing a 40k SUV with a 20k truck. If you didn't want a truck, why did you order one causing many of the rest of us to be one more truck back in line?

Sponsored

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
At $6.25 a gallon, I know why I am still suffering through this wait, but there is a Telluride that goes to preschool everyday (because moms with one four year old need a car that big in America) and it nearly broke my neck the first time through the parking lot- nice looking car. The only one that gets me more is a flat brown Rover.
Well, and the Maverick one of my parents got delivered. Surely (with all of the comfort comments) this will be more comfortable than a bare bones Honda FIT right? I ordered early August and have never driven one (or sat in one for more than a second)…but have done some long trips in the trusty FIT.

Stealth Raccoon

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Chevy S10
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I really like In-N-Out and want to get a quick double-double, but I just saw there’s a five course prime rib dinner at the steakhouse across town and now I can’t decide…
But in all seriousness, the Maverick is capable of dragging along some passengers, but not at all like a mid-sized SUV specifically designed to haul families in comfort…?

Rob Daman

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
robdaman.com
Vehicle(s)
Mav
I drive the mav and got my wife a VW Atlas. I have 4 kids and the room is huge especially 3rd row.

Back to the Mav the XLT seat adjustments aren't great but better than my 17 Tacoma ergonomics. The telescopic steering on a Taco is literally 1 inch.

Having aftermarket seat covers on both helped with the drives.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Jeebus, I wouldnt trade Ecosport for a Kia, I dont care how big it is.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.