Sponsored

Ford Dealership (Bob Wondries Ford) Out of Business, Any Suggestions or Experience????

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If bankruptcy, you are out your deposit. By the time the courts get to you, there won't be anything left to give. Otherwise, if they were an active dealership until Friday, then Ford has to be announcing something. The process of taking back all of those vehicles alone would take time.

Shame you couldn't get a hitch. *Ba dum tiss*
I get it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ViperAir

ViperAir

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How much was your deposit? When I initially wanted to order the Maverick through them, they wanted 2k deposit as it will be the mark up for the truck.

I walked away and ultimately decided to go eith Ford Advantage in Duarte. Not only there were no mark ups but also honored the pricing and the rates!

It's such a shame, I live less than a mile from Bob Wondries. Lol
It was $2000, but we told them that we will walk, they lowered it to $500, no mark ups...

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Been a Ford man all my life but at this rate I predict the Ford Motor Company will either go out of business or be absorbed by another company within five years.
What does an independent dealer closing have to do with Ford going out of business?

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What does an independent dealer closing have to do with Ford going out of business?
Stop asking reasonable questions. You are liable to get a reputation here...

Ford just hit their biggest revenue in years despite having shortages of everything. Honestly, the dealership model likely protects Ford as one poorly run dealership has no impact on Ford itself. And given the current shortages of everything, those vehicles are likely driven to a competent dealership to be sold without issue.

As I said in my earlier post, OP may be out his deposit. But Ford should be able to say something about the order.

AnnieWaits

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would not have contacted the CC company to dispute the charge for the deposit without better information or confirmation that the order would not be fulfilled.

Sponsored

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would not have contacted the CC company to dispute the charge for the deposit without better information or confirmation that the order would not be fulfilled.
The "order" is with the Ford Motor Company.

The "deposit" is with the dealer. The Ford Motor Company did not require deposits nor handles the deposit money in any way. I am not saying that the OP is not going to get his deposit back but when a business "disappears" as the OP has described, he has a reason to be concerned.

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Their general sales manager posted on 2/17 that they would be shutting down 3/1 so maybe they finished early? hopefully they moved your order in that time.

KdeB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2018 Subaru Forester, 1966 MGB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

All their cars had to have gone somewhere…. Hope Ford will be able to get you some answers.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Pics of dealer, they cleared out fast..

20230227_120520.jpg

20230227_120447.jpg
Aside: The tattered American flags bother me. They cost $20 a pop and a dealership should be able to replace them regularly. Give those flags to a scout troop or an American Legion to properly retire.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ViperAir

ViperAir

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just got off the phone with Ford Mo Co, the dealer (Wondries) was supposed to transfer the order to a local dealership, that was never done. I guess they closed shop so fast, that protocols were not followed. If I didn't called Ford, the order would still be with Wondries. FMC was able to transfer the order to another dealership with better allocation. As for the deposit, had Wondries did it correctly, the deposit would have been transfer to the new dealership, but it looks like they kept the money. So contacting the CC was the correct move. The deposit is independent of the order according to FMC, they don't see they money. Hopefully, this thread will help the next guy out.

TonyTee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tonytrafficlight.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Hybrid, 2023 iRacing F-150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just got off the phone with Ford Mo Co, the dealer (Wondries) was supposed to transfer the order to a local dealership, that was never done. I guess they closed shop so fast, that protocols were not followed. If I didn't called Ford, the order would still be with Wondries. FMC was able to transfer the order to another dealership with better allocation. As for the deposit, had Wondries did it correctly, the deposit would have been transfer to the new dealership, but it looks like they kept the money. So contacting the CC was the correct move. The deposit is independent of the order according to FMC, they don't see they money. Hopefully, this thread will help the next guy out.
Sounds like good and bad news. Glad Ford was able to transfer your order to another dealership.

KdeB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2018 Subaru Forester, 1966 MGB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

So glad to hear this! And glad your deposit was “only” $500, and not $2,000. (Not that any one would want to lose $500…)

But you should be able to have a successful resolution with your credit card company. Good thing you didn’t pay cash.

The CC company has their disoute process to go through, but chances are they won’t be able to reach anyone at the defunct dealership to get a response (their side of the story ) within the time frame in the dispute process.

Of course, be very thorough and complete in the information you send the CC company.

Good luck — and of course touch base with the new dealership to establish relations, establish your bona fides as an aggrieved Ford customer, and nicely ask that they give you some priority and do whatever else they can to make you happ(ier).

Paul Davis

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XT hybrid
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Aside: The tattered American flags bother me. They cost $20 a pop and a dealership should be able to replace them regularly. Give those flags to a scout troop or an American Legion to properly retire.
I love that the tattered flag bothers you, but you are suggesting buying made in China flags to replace them. Or, do you know a place that sells made in USA 4x6 outdoor rated flags for $20? 🤣
Sponsored