Phill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This post has to be clickbait? First off a dealer was selling a vehicle 10 thousand dollars over sticker? And secondly you actually paid 10 thousand dollars over sticker price?!
Appreciate your useless input.

CTYankee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.catvert68.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When the vehicle was delivered to the dealership for her to pick up, she declined the purchase and the dealership called me offering it to me after they dealt with the title issues.
I came to find out that my vehicle that arrived at the dealership with 55 miles on it and sold to me with 55 miles on it was sold to me as a used vehicle. The dealership would not award the new car FordPass Rewards points and I had to argue with the dealership to finally get my used vehicle purchase points. Not a big deal, but it sure left a bad impression.
This is what doesn't track for me. What is the document trail for this VIN? I think you need to know that to understand why it was sold as used versus new. I don't really get how anyone would pay MSRP + $10K for a used vehicle, but I would really want to know how a 55-mile vehicle becomes used and with title problems.

My first thought is that, with that mileage and the problems described, it has to have been wrecked. It may well be that the title has been washed and that's how it became used.

Mavboy2023

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
not making any of this up. i’ll go ahead and take a photo of the window sticker and my sale contract. Keep in mind the 2022 used models of this truck were selling way over original purchase price with 5-10,000 miles on them.
Well, if true....I feel for ya bud....and think you got a dirty deal (and a dishonest deal) from both Ford and the dealer. In March of '23 I took delivery of my Mav Hybrid Lariat fully loaded and it was MSRP of $36k ish. Plus ZERO markup from dealer and a total discount of $3,000 from Ford, and NO hanky panky with the title. So a net to me of $33k Ish. Mine has been perfect so far, and I do love it too. Wish you better luck.

Mavboy2023

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is what doesn't track for me. What is the document trail for this VIN? I think you need to know that to understand why it was sold as used versus new. I don't really get how anyone would pay MSRP + $10K for a used vehicle, but I would really want to know how a 55-mile vehicle becomes used and with title problems.

My first thought is that, with that mileage and the problems described, it has to have been wrecked. It may well be that the title has been washed and that's how it became used.
Well said and true. This smells from many angles. But the dude says it's all true so either Ford or the dealer, maybe both, are up to no good.

Sponsored

TJ2023

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ford Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yeah I feel we aren't getting the full story here. Sounds like a combination of shady dealer and an impatient customer. A year ago people where paying 10-15k over sticker, but supply has caught up with demand. Regardless, the dealership should be trying to make this right as long as the OP didn't do anything that would void his warranty.

Z3Mav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Z3 3.0, 2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This post has to be clickbait? First off a dealer was selling a vehicle 10 thousand dollars over sticker? And secondly you actually paid 10 thousand dollars over sticker price?!
Oh no, no,no. I went through the same thing. I got so tired of waiting for my 2022 XLT that I grabbed a used one that was just turned in (a Lariat, fwd). Dealer wanted $43k for it and I got it for a steal at $40k! Dumb, yes but while I thought that my original order was canceled I got a call 4 months later that my truck came in (XLT, FX4, Tow pkg,2.0) Well what the heck. So I got my truck at msrp and for my Lariat trade-in they gave me a grand over the msrp of the XLT. This all happened in 2022 and Mavericks were really scarce in Arizona. Of course I still paid over invoice but what a truck!

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Trailblazer, 09 GL1800, 13 XT250, 82 AMC Eagle
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Pet peeve here: this isn't "Death wobble". It's speed wobble. Drive a Super duty, Wrangler/XJ/FSJ, or Ram long enough, and you'll find how how much more terrifying the death wobble actually is. Only solid front axle vehicles can get the death wobble, as it is a product of a bump upsetting the front axle, and setting into motion a high-speed side-to-side oscillation of the entire front axle. It feels like you're in a blender until you can bring the vehicle to an almost compete stop.

Sponsored

Socalrob

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati V4S Multistrada, MotoGuzzi VIII, BMW GS Adv
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Pet peeve here: this isn't "Death wobble". It's speed wobble. Drive a Super duty, Wrangler/XJ/FSJ, or Ram long enough, and you'll find how how much more terrifying the death wobble actually is. Only solid front axle vehicles can get the death wobble, as it is a product of a bump upsetting the front axle, and setting into motion a high-speed side-to-side oscillation of the entire front axle. It feels like you're in a blender until you can bring the vehicle to an almost compete stop.
Agree. In fact before this thread I have only heard of “death wobble”, AKA “tank slapper” in the motorcycle world.

I agree that what the OP has been told sounds fishy. Title issues? Has truck been previously damaged? But having said that, it feels rude to me for many here to basically be calling the OP a liar. I would not do that without proof. I figure the OP is relating what they have been told.

I would not trust the dealer, and would mark parts to see what was replaced after a repair.

Socalrob

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati V4S Multistrada, MotoGuzzi VIII, BMW GS Adv
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Quick question, is your Maverick stock in terms of tire size and lifts? I have this exact issue currently with the CV axles, but I have a 2.5in Superlift (body lift) and oversized tires (245/70/R17). The service department at the dealer says they look at each Maverick individually to determine the problem, so they may very well say it's the lift or tires for me. From the looks of it, some stock Mavs have the same issue, making me think it's faulty parts and the lift isn't what's causing it, which would be rather annoying to pay for repair due to them claiming it voids warranty. I'm currently waiting on a response from them to see if my exact setup voids it or not. I just wonder if there will ever be a recall...
I believe a 2.5 inch lift would be enough to change the angle of the CV joint from the ideal engineered angle and cause accelerated wear issues. I would be surprised if the warranty on the axle related components is not voided.

Is it common for Mavericks to have front end problems?

Riolynx

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I believe a 2.5 inch lift would be enough to change the angle of the CV joint from the ideal engineered angle and cause accelerated wear issues. I would be surprised if the warranty on the axle related components is not voided.

Is it common for Mavericks to have front end problems?
There are older threads about this same / similar issue, apparently it isn't common enough for a recall, but enough where multiple owners have them.

SuperDave150

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F150, 2023 Bronco
Engine
Undecided
Something is wrong here. With the truck and/or the mysterious history - not the owner.
Ford has been making front wheel drive and all wheel drive vehicles for decades. I’ve owned some along the years and treated some of them pretty poorly and yet they’ve stood up well. Certainly nothing like what the OP describes.

So no, this is notnormal“ or ”common“. What we have here is a sick or injured truck. I heartily agree with those that say to take it to another shop, maybe an experienced alignment shop.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wonder why it is us older guys that seem to have the most patience and we're the ones with the calendar working against us. One of the mysteries of life, I guess. :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored