Sponsored

Would you take $5,000 over what you paid?

Shadowfax

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes! I'd sell mine in an instant! I'd do it for 3 grand over!
Sponsored

flynomore

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 F350, '15 Mazda 6,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
NOPE! Well maybe if it came off a de-railed train car in KY.

The Flush

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Hybrid Lariat Area 51
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I absolutely would, if I knew I could get what I really want at the price I want to replace it with. But not just for the profit.

Michaelkov

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW X1, 2018 Toyota Rav4, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would take $5000 cash profit from mine and I just bought it yesterday. When I say profit, I mean after taxes and fees and everything. But I certainly wouldn't buy a Ranger. I don't like the Ranger, haven't since this body style came out. But I would put $5000 down a new regular cab F150 with 5.0 2wd and slam it, Whipple it and have a modern day Lightning!
Whipple it?
Ford Maverick Would you take $5,000 over what you paid? 1679267106983

Sponsored

22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT, 23 Maverick XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Whipple Supercharger. It would actually be a much better Lightning than the older ones, and more power.

Gray Optician 47

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S10, 2023 XLT Hybrid Hot Pepper Red
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered Maverick to replace a 2019 Honda Civic 2dr coupe. It was totaled in September, parked in 25 mph zone, go figure. Lucky for me my Mav was on order and all I had to was waite. In the meantime, I had a 2000 S10 Chevy to get around. Last week I got my new Mav and have been driving around getting a fill for it. End result is it was worth waiting for. I jumped 23 years in ride and technology. Personally, I would not take $10,000 over what I paid. Don't want to decide or waite on something new.

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2023 & 2024 Maverick Lariat Hybrids
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In todays economy 5k just isn't worth the hassle of trying to get something even remotely similar.
A Front wheel drive, Hybrid, pick up is the tri-fecta for me.
...and you can flat-tow it. That's Yahtzee for me!!!!

ValenciaOrange

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a Hybrid on Order. If I could make 5k after paying all taxes and fees I would sell it. I know this won’t happen so I’m keeping it.

Sponsored

OrCoaster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81 VW Caddy and 96 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm not trying to stir the pot but... If you could sell your brand new Maverick for $5k over what you paid within a week would you?
No way, 5K or even 10K is nothing if you have to wait another 500 days to get into a 2014. The price increase will most likely take all of that "windfall". I ordered a hybrid, I want a hybrid and I am not giving up my hybrid. Well if I ever get my hybrid.

Only got the 45 day love letter last week. Was hoping for the followup scheduling letter that so many seem to have gotten by surprise but no joy there for me. Waiting till April for better news.

AznMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Lariat Built 3-9-23, Chevy EUV, Lexus RX350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd think about it. Really want AWD PHEV. But that's probably not for a few years. I ordered 2 just in case of this predicament. The second was going to be for the business but it is not a dire need. I could probably switch to EB lariat lux from hybrid XL and be reasonably certain it would be built in a few months. That is if I could sell my lariat lux for $10k over maybe do a Lariat FX4 with the tow package maybe temor. But that lack of towing capacity kinda defeats the purpose of going back to a straight gas motor not that I have anything to tow but I like having options.
Watching all these truck videos kinda got me into wanting to try some off roading. But I'm really torn been waiting for this hybrid truck since 2021 so I'd like to drive it around for a few months before I make up my mind. My 17.5 mpg RX350 kinda sucks when gas prices shoot up again.

KimoCarew

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kimo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus ES 300H
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hard no.

Ford Maverick Maniac

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 XLTs: hybrid alto blue & turbo AWD carb gray.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
An XLT EB with a $12,500 markup? Must be a whole lotta lead in the water there.

But to answer your question, eventually folks come to realize life is NOT about money. I paid $32,561.63 for my 2023 Lariat Lux Hybrid with BAP with an MSRP of $35,995 and I'd not sell it for $50k.

All I would do with the $50k would be to hold it and wait til a Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid with BAP and AWD could be ordered...and be without a truck that I want for at least another 500 days....should I live long enough to get it.
I agree Brad! People do not realize that when the truck is registered with the new owner, they have to report to the DMV how much they paid and who they bought it from. The Fed and state will get their share which combined is usually 40%. So after tax, a $5k profit = $3k. You will save a lot more in fuel over the years than this short term profit, and then have to wait another 18 months for a new Mav.

I like the Mav so much I actually own 2 I show on my channel.