First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That is a pretty simplistic viewpoint. When you buy a vehicle, a small fraction of the money goes to the assembly line workers, and a large portion goes to the company. If someone is concerned about supporting America economically, then they would be better off supporting an American company like Ford instead of sending their money to South Korea.
Problem is, Ford and others ship it overseas and support their workers. Of course line workers don’t get the most. That is a relatively small recent age of the total cost. Build it here, workers keep their jobs. Unlike Fiat, that is permanently laying off 1,300 at the Belvedere Assembly Plant in Illinois. Shipping it all to Mexico.
Sponsored

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Nice slogan, but a bit outdated. Which one is more American: Maverick or Santa Fe?
By domestic content percentage and manufacturing location, I'm going to guess it's the Santa Cruz.

Starwatcher

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No. "Buy American, build American" is just not nearly as simple/possible as it once was. You are on a forum that is dedicated to a non-American made vehicle.
Quite possible. Just not hip, cool and modern as overpaid corp. execs want

Stive

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper, Lexus RX350, Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My main concern/gripe with Ford is that they did not prioritize delivery by order date. I feel bad for those who waited and are waiting, for the same build that I have already received who ordered before me. Yes big dealers, allocations and all that stuff muddy it up. Don’t get me wrong, I’m extremely pleased with my purchase, but they could have done better imo. Of course, I don’t know all the facts as to why they didn’t, but that method seems elementary. And, of course the constraints came into play, but I have read in the forum over and over again someone saying “that was my build except the color, or I didn’t get the hitch,” or something like that.

While communication is another concern, that is too broad of a subject. I would have appreciated a status of my build (yes I went weekly to the dealer, yes I checked in with corporate, yes I checked the websites…but often times it was stale information). My truck was stuck in a Michigan plant for 2 months after it was built. And yes, maybe it was for the battery cable, etc but really? Only after I called corporate did the person issue a “logistics inquiry “ for my order. I got the truck the next week.

At the end of the day, and this is what Ford likes, I’m very pleased with the Hybrid Maverick…and would do it again.

Sponsored

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Crosstrek Spt ,23 SC AWD,02 Jeep 4x4, 17 Winbgo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, why/how (all) auto manufactures did not plan for a (hopefully) once in a lifetime pandemic, unprovoked wars in critical resource and supply chain markets, ongoing ripple effects from erratic tariffs, etc is a mystery.
You left out a few......critical design issues that are coming out with recalls and TSB's and complaints by buyers over issues to the NHTSA , lack of communication with buyers and poorly executed planning by Ford along with misinformation to buyers by Ford along with software issues in providing timely information, processes and documentation to buyers, lack of quality on the assembly lines where Ford actually removed the quality big shots from Ford and replaced them from the Maverick plant ...and lastly....Supply chain has never been my issue with Maverick. It is understandable and expected but short sightedness and lack of vision that weren't related to the Pandemic are inexcusable.

CRM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A solution to a problem that should have never exsisted in the first place.

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Buy American. Build American
Ford is a global company not American anymore and Ford doesn't pay taxes and ships almost everything related to the Maverick out of the country and purchases most of their parts out of country for the Maverick. Perhaps if Ford actually wasn't escaping paying taxes and dumping american workers for foreigners you might have something to say while a Korean company that used an american design group on the design of the SC and sources the SC using american companies, and Hyundai itself that actually builds the engines and the vehicle with american workers in america. Which is more american? You post like you are living in the 1940's.

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Congratulations on your rant about Ford. Nothing is going to change by complaining.

You have a few choices:

1. End your misery of waiting and take action rather than sitting on the porch with the puppies.

By taking action, you can do like I did when I got impatient waiting for my order. Start contacting every Ford dealer as far away as your willing to travel to see if they either have a dealer stock ordered or customer canceled order. If they don’t, ask them to look for ones that will be coming in. If none, ask to get on their waiting list. It took me a few weeks each time I searched, but in January, I bought an XL that I thought would hold me over until the one I ordered came in. Then I traded the XL in for an XLT w/lux that a dealer called me back on when a customer canceled his order. And when I got the production email, at least 6 delay emails, the ‘22 cancellation email, then notified that the ‘23 I ordered had too many constraints, plus a call from my ordering dealership that they didn’t have enough allocations to fulfill my order, I took action again to find a Lariat w/CP, and the lux pkg, which I found and bought on 10/26.

It took work. I took action and initiative, which you can do too.

2. If the Santa Cruz is appealing to you, and available, then end your misery and buy it. Keep in mind that they don’t offer a hybrid engine yet, and gas mileage isn’t all that great. It’s based off of a Tucson chassis. I had a 2019 Tucson, and it wasn’t the smoothest riding vehicle. Just be aware of that.

So, are you going to take action, or let Ford’s actions make you miserable? It’s up to you.

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The majority of the Hyundai components come from, and the lion's share of the profits go to Asia.
Care to provide some facts...here's one Hyundai sources many American in America builders care to guess where Ford gets it's parts since Hyundai seems to not have the same supply issues as Ford....care to explain why?

Sponsored

Starwatcher

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford is a global company not American anymore and Ford doesn't pay taxes and ships almost everything related to the Maverick out of the country and purchases most of their parts out of country for the Maverick. Perhaps if Ford actually wasn't escaping paying taxes and dumping american workers for foreigners you might have something to say while a Korean company that used an american design group on the design of the SC and sources the SC using american companies, and Hyundai itself that actually builds the engines and the vehicle with american workers in america. Which is more american? You post like you are living in the 1940's.
Perhaps those who support other countries over our own should leave

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Maverick is ultra low profit - and I'd guess the hybrid models are sold at a loss. Ford only needs to sell enough Mavericks to meet CAFE standards, so they can continue to sell cash cow F-series and SUVs
This is the most valuable part of this entire thread. This is the unspoken truth and I'd be willing to bet on it.

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Shows that management is more concerned with their established processes than in being fluid and producing what is needed by customers. Between Toyota and Ram and Hyundai, they will dominate and leave Ford eating dust. Henry must be rolling over in his grave.
Ignoring that guys really bad metaphor, you really are giving credence to Hyundai? Who's giving out anti theft devices because their cars are being stolen at a alarming rate based on a design choice? And Toyota, who's takes decades if not longer to do any major refresh or overhaul to any model? You chose those to represent fluid development while Ford has released multiple new models that are first in their segment and all highly sought after. Im not even fan boying Ford but objectively Ford is crushing it and it doesnt show signs of slowing down.

As for ram, I hope they compete because then it will make f150 pricing be somewhat competitive.

Starwatcher

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ignoring that guys really bad metaphor, you really are giving credence to Hyundai? Who's giving out anti theft devices because their cars are being stolen at a alarming rate based on a design choice? And Toyota, who's takes decades if not longer to do any major refresh or overhaul to any model? You chose those to represent fluid development while Ford has released multiple new models that are first in their segment and all highly sought after. Im not even fan boying Ford but objectively Ford is crushing it and it doesnt show signs of slowing down.

As for ram, I hope they compete because then it will make f150 pricing be somewhat competitive.
Releasing new models that can’t be made and the public can’t get will leave them in the dust. Unfortunately, since my Maverick is outstanding.

MinntoMich

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S10, Renegade, Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For what's its worth and according to NHTSA for the model year 2022 the Ford Maverick has a 26% US & Canadian parts content. NHTSA does not list the Santa Cruz for 22' but for 23' they indicate a 55% US & Canadian parts content.

If we're worried about Ford Motor, or any other corporation not paying or being creative with tax obligations, we should direct our thoughts to persons who author tax legislation.
Sponsored