TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Late to the conversation. These drop ins look much better than the one piece style I have in the Ranger (actually blew out on me on the highway once, but I digress). I may go this direction.

Just to clarify -- I have an XLT coming so I will not need any additional hardware to install it? Also, will the liner impede the installation of other bed accessories like a hard tonneau?
I installed the DIBL in my XLT. No additional hardware needed. I would recommend a roll of Black Gorilla tape. Black tape used on the bed to prevent bed color from showing through around some of the openings. Black stickers are supplied but I found a little more was helpful especially around the floor d-rings.

Do plan your cutouts you want before you install.
  • Cubbies
  • 12v DIY power
  • tiedowns
  • threaded holes in the side of the bed.
I like the DIBL. It looks nice and does what I want it to do
Sponsored

TrailMaster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ranger XLT 4L, Honda Valkyries (2)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I installed the DIBL in my XLT. No additional hardware needed. I would recommend a roll of Black Gorilla tape. Black tape used on the bed to prevent bed color from showing through around some of the openings. Black stickers are supplied but I found a little more was helpful especially around the floor d-rings.

Do plan your cutouts you want before you install.
  • Cubbies
  • 12v DIY power
  • tiedowns
  • threaded holes in the side of the bed.
I like the DIBL. It looks nice and does what I want it to do
Thanks for the reply. Re: cutouts. Are these outlined already, or will I need to measure and mark the cutouts first?

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the reply. Re: cutouts. Are these outlined already, or will I need to measure and mark the cutouts first?
All are outlined on the back of panels. Except for one threaded hole on each side. The threaded holes are optional. They are for the cargo rails. I installed 4 d-rings on each side using the threaded holes.

In addition, there are some plastic plugs/grommets on the sides of the bed. They can be used to fish wires through for things such as additional LED light strips. You may want to cut these out if this is your plans. These you may have to measure.

Moon

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram. Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow, what dealer only charged $60? Mine wanted $265, obviously I did it myself.

Tito71

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford modular bed liner works with Ford Bed extender ? i did notice some outline on both side panels but don't want to cut them out and finding out it`s not compatible....

Sponsored

BlackMaverickOrder

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Derik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered the complete Ford Modular DIBL (Drop In Bed Liner) kit. We have multiple dealerships nearby, but the closest dealer they will ship my order to is 70 miles away. I ordered a week ago, but they said this is on back order after calling today. I can cancel order or wait until whenever it is in stock. Has anyone recently been able to get there hands on this from Ford accessories site? How long was the wait? Was it delivered to your home or nearest dealer? Does the box fit in the bed of Maverick to bring home?

Ordered on Sept 24 and got email on delivery to dealership as of 10/27. Have to drive later today to pick up. Thanks all.

Last edited:

AF Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Engine
Undecided
Clubs

I ordered the complete Ford Modular DIBL (Drop In Bed Liner) kit. We have multiple dealerships nearby, but the closest dealer they will ship my order to is 70 miles away. I ordered a week ago, but they said this is on back order after calling today. I can cancel order or wait until whenever it is in stock. Has only recently been able to get there hands on this from Ford accessories site? How long was the wait? Was it delivered to your home or nearest dealer? Does the box fit in the bed of Maverick to bring home?
Not a recent order ... maybe June/July order ... took 5 days to get.
I had it shipped to my home for <$20. I'm in GA and it shipped out of Cartersville, GA so
that may have helped in time and cost saving.

The box most certainly will fit the bed of the Mav to bring home - diagonal at worst.

TonyS

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow, what dealer only charged $60? Mine wanted $265, obviously I did it myself.
It wasn't the dealer. If you order the modular bedliner directly from accesories.ford.com, you are offered the option to pay for installation. Which is only $60. I've linked below. At the end of ordering online - if you selected installation - you are given a list of nearby Ford dealers to choose from to have the accessories shipped to and do the install. One of the nearby Ford dealers was not on the list. But others were.

As I mentioned in my original post, the dealership was going to charge me 1.5 hours labor for installation - IDK what that would cost but I'm certain it was far more than $60. I pointed out that my order with Ford included installation. I showed the order confirmation email. The service manage was surprised but said "yeah, OK. It's paid for" and told the tech to run it through.

https://accessories.ford.com/maverick-2022-modular-bedliner

Moon

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram. Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It wasn't the dealer. If you order the modular bedliner directly from accesories.ford.com, you are offered the option to pay for installation. Which is only $60. I've linked below. At the end of ordering online - if you selected installation - you are given a list of nearby Ford dealers to choose from to have the accessories shipped to and do the install. One of the nearby Ford dealers was not on the list. But others were.

As I mentioned in my original post, the dealership was going to charge me 1.5 hours labor for installation - IDK what that would cost but I'm certain it was far more than $60. I pointed out that my order with Ford included installation. I showed the order confirmation email. The service manage was surprised but said "yeah, OK. It's paid for" and told the tech to run it through.

https://accessories.ford.com/maverick-2022-modular-bedliner
I’m glad it worked for you, but I asked the service manager specifically if I order it directly from Ford and pay for installation will you install it? He told me no. He also said that if I order the liner myself, I think it was cheaper at the Ford site, that he would charge me a shipping charge.
Sponsored