TheIronMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FX4 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So our company has owned 5 of these Mavericks… love them BUT, this exact damage has occurred in EVERY SINGLE ONE of them. The door check strap stops just can’t handle the pressure of long term usage. Mind you our patrol guys open and close them 100 times a night so ours will always break down faster.

That being said the fleet repair department has denied the repairs under warranty claiming they’ve been abused and told us they checked with Ford and they’ve “never” seen this happen with other Mavericks. We paid a body shop to reinforce and repair those areas… and now they’ve begun damaging the rest of the door as the door is not structurally strong enough to hold the check straps in that area (pic as example attached)
IMG_0440.jpeg
IMG_0439.jpeg
And if you remove them and the wind catches them or etc it will cave in the back of the fender and damage (crease) the outside of the door too.

I wish Ford would remedy this for us but they so far won’t- so we’ve begun buying other manufacturers and models for our fleets unfortunately which is too bad because otherwise they’re fantastic for our use.
Thats something crazy for it to happen on all 5 of yalls mavericks. It's definitely an issue that should be addressed by ford properly. So sad to see such issues on relatively new trucks😮💨😮💨
Sponsored

OP
OP
TheIronMaverick

TheIronMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FX4 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maybe it will be time to copy the 60s International Scouts with a web strap screwed to the door and A pillar... (or Bronco)
1707139379726.png
Definitely an option... we have an old '98 jeep that has pieces of paracord and it's held up like that for years lmaoo🤣🤣.

m5040

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cummins Dodge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If Ford won't help those straps could be a stopgap measure until aftermarket comes out with a fix.

Hdscreens

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CT5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You boys gonna have to go in and out Dukes of Hazard style.

So our company has owned 5 of these Mavericks… love them BUT, this exact damage has occurred in EVERY SINGLE ONE of them. The door check strap stops just can’t handle the pressure of long term usage. Mind you our patrol guys open and close them 100 times a night so ours will always break down faster.

That being said the fleet repair department has denied the repairs under warranty claiming they’ve been abused and told us they checked with Ford and they’ve “never” seen this happen with other Mavericks. We paid a body shop to reinforce and repair those areas… and now they’ve begun damaging the rest of the door as the door is not structurally strong enough to hold the check straps in that area (pic as example attached)
IMG_0440.jpeg
IMG_0439.jpeg
And if you remove them and the wind catches them or etc it will cave in the back of the fender and damage (crease) the outside of the door too.

I wish Ford would remedy this for us but they so far won’t- so we’ve begun buying other manufacturers and models for our fleets unfortunately which is too bad because otherwise they’re fantastic for our use.

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

If Ford won't help those straps could be a stopgap measure until aftermarket comes out with a fix.
I don't see Ford being able to do anything about this other than replace the door, unless/until it is completely redesigned to be stronger.

Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't see Ford being able to do anything about this other than replace the door, unless/until it is completely redesigned to be stronger.
Not since it's breaking on the A-pillar side. So it's more the detent/restraint mechanism and the fixture of the mount it's attached to than the door itself.

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Not since it's breaking on the A-pillar side. So it's more the detent/restraint mechanism and the fixture of the mount it's attached to than the door itself.
no. the pic in reply #41 is definitely the driver's door ripping apart on the left of the image. the right of the image is the attachment to the chassis below the a pillar and it looks fine.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
no. the pic in reply #41 is definitely the driver's door ripping apart on the left of the image. the right of the image is the attachment to the chassis below the a pillar and it looks fine.
Ah, you're right now that I double check on mine.

Also I discovered be mindful of using any fallout/iron remover near the bracket on the A-pillar side as it can discolor the phosphate coating on that part.

OP
OP
TheIronMaverick

TheIronMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FX4 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Update: Just got the truck back from the shop. It was in for about a week. It took almost a month for the parts they needed to come in but everything is good now!!😌

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Update: Just got the truck back from the shop. It was in for about a week. It took almost a month for the parts they needed to come in but everything is good now!!😌
Glad to hear it! I'd be curious to see your service notes. I assume they replaced the whole door, but if they did not, that might be useful to the guy with multiple work trucks with doors coming apart, or anyone after their warranty expires.

OP
OP
TheIronMaverick

TheIronMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FX4 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Glad to hear it! I'd be curious to see your service notes. I assume they replaced the whole door, but if they did not, that might be useful to the guy with multiple work trucks with doors coming apart, or anyone after their warranty expires.
I didnt get any service notes I just went and they guy handed me my keys and point out where it was parked. But it is the same door I can tell cuz I had a make in the cup holder and it's still there. It does appear that they repainted it cux I had a scratch and a dent in it but bother are gone now.
Sponsored