Sponsored

Ford Maverick Broke Down @ 128 Miles, Ford is giving me the run around.

ywstn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Maverick has been in the shop for week and a half. Driver door would not unlock by touching it with fob in pocket. Passenger door would. Waiting on part. Offer me loaner. We are about to head to GTNP till Oct. a 6hr drive. Asked if they would deliver my Mav and pick up the loaner. NO! Apparently Ford cannot track the location of the part. Asked them to reorder and have it overnighted. Got the Walmart stare.
Sponsored

WJOHNM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equinox, redline. XLT,AWD,4KTOW,FX4 ,CO PILOT360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Instead of replying to each individual I'll summarize by saying thanks for the contributions - I wasn't aware Ford had their own fleet of rentals but will tread lightly with Hertz! I have been calling weekly but gotten no where on the matter. Either someone is busy, or the representative I can hardly understand is treating it like a new situation every time rather than an ongoing case. The last time I was contacted was once - on the 20th from customer service. Prior to that, nothing from either parties except HERTZ.

I've been compassionate and professional with all those involved, I understand it is no ones fault. This post is my personal frustration. Especially thank you to the person who posted a similar user's experience with the maintenance receipt. It may not benefit me, but it might benefit the service advisor.

Ultimately it's a different perspective I was asking for and was provided. I'll make payments and continue to be patient. It was never an issue of entitlement, I was originally promised it through Ford and never got it in writing. I am a college kid and money isn't exactly expendable - I saved up for this truck the moment it was announced. It sucks, but I know (or hope) it'll eventually be back on the road.

I wasn't aware lemon laws also apply to repairs that extend a long time. I'll look into that as a last resort option as well.
I may be incorrect but think you need documentation of 3 repairs for same problem, am not a lawyer. lets hope it don't come to that.

OP
OP
ChiefBeifong

ChiefBeifong

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F150
Some people replied to this without noticing any other comments made. No need to be rude. I'd consider it a solved thread but want to leave it up for others.

Dealer informed me it may be more than just the dampener. Carvana is offering 9k over what I paid. I'm considering just taking the offer and putting it down on a '23. I don't know if I'll fully trust this vehicle down the road due to this, even with the warranty.

Squirrelfight

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First gen Tacoma
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Lariat finally arrived last week. The dealership was taking care of the initial inspection while I was taking care of the paperwork and they found 2 separate issues, one with the infotainment system and the other was a check engine light. It now sits, 4 days later with parts of the dash disassembled at the dealership. I have yet to bring it home.

JohnHartshorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Toyota Sienna XSE - Mav Hybrid XLT LUX Area 51
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I may be incorrect but think you need documentation of 3 repairs for same problem, am not a lawyer. lets hope it don't come to that.
It varies by state (USA - I'm sure Canada is different as well). For Illinois:

In order to be covered by the Illinois Lemon Law, a vehicle must:

• have a nonconformity that both substantially impairs the use , market value or safety of the vehicle and is not repairable by the dealer or manufacturer in at least four attempts for the same repair, or
  • be out of service for a total of 30 or more business days.

Sponsored

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL
Dear "professional negotiator".

Good luck with that.

As a professional negotiator (Defense Ind) you have a breached contract with Ford. If it were me, I'd insist on a new replacement Mav, a courtesy car (thanks for mentioning) or a full refund. It's Ford's problem, not yours. Start over and avoid the hybrid. I've been watching Maverick news and intentionally avoided the hybrid; I am glad I got an ecoboost 2L XLT.

Camlt12010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford Escape
Engine
Undecided
The Hybrids seem to be having major issues. Not surprising.
Yes , I've been following this truck club since last June and I believe I read much more about Hybrid failures and not many if any with the 2.0 Eco boost. I'm not surprised as well.

WJOHNM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equinox, redline. XLT,AWD,4KTOW,FX4 ,CO PILOT360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yes , I've been following this truck club since last June and I believe I read much more about Hybrid failures and not many if any with the 2.0 Eco boost. I'm not surprised as well.
Being in the car business for 50 years am glad I got the eco boost I wanted the hybrid but said lets give it a year or two to get the bugs out, the eco 2.0 and 8sd trany has been around a long time and been updated along the way its a solid engine and trany. but a loaded hybrid or maybe a ST is in my future if I live long enough.

Camlt12010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford Escape
Engine
Undecided
Being in the car business for 50 years am glad I got the eco boost I wanted the hybrid but said lets give it a year or two to get the bugs out, the eco 2.0 and 8sd trany has been around a long time and been updated along the way its a solid engine and trany. but a loaded hybrid or maybe a ST is in my future if I live long enough.
Yea, I plan to order a Hybrid anyways for 2023 as long as nothing crazy happens.

sn00pyguy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sn00pyguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry to hear about your hybrid/Ford issue. I have a hybrid I picked up a week ago and it has so far been great. I have been driving like a little old lady on her way to the liquor store though. Sounds like you just got a lemon out the door. Taking the money from Carvana is not a bad move. Pick up a 2023. I don't know if there are more hybrid issues than EB issues. But I do like the hybrid I have. The only reason I would get the EB would be for the 4x4 or towing. Otherwise, I am not crying at the gas pump like many others. Good luck with whatever you do.

Benson

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm confused... Sounds like you're in a decent position, all things considered.

The dealer and Ford have acknowledged the issue with your Maverick and are working to repair it under warranty.

You have replacement transportation in the form of a loaner/rental at Ford's expense.

You need to pay for insurance anyway to be able to drive the loaner...

Sucks that you ran into an issue so early that seems to have been from day 0, and surely you want your new Maverick back, but they're taking care of you.
better reread the post—-he said they won’t pay for loaner.
Sponsored