First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the link! Love the photos. Got me jonezin. My truck is scheduled for production week of 10/16. I do an annual trek to gather with musician friends in the mountains of NE Nevada. Always flown to SLC (from Corpus Christi TX), rented a truck. Planning to drive next summer. Accomodations are available, but I'd like to carry my own, camp along the way, & free up space for others. How about the rack? Got a link? Thanks.🙏🏻
Sponsored

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My favorite scenery in the world.

But I had no idea they called it Forest Gump Point. Now it's definitely my favorite.

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT -Hot Chili Red - 4k Tow Fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
1600 mile round trip from So Cal to Monument valley, Visited Forest Gump point, Mexican Hat rock and drove Valley of the Gods, Then to the Mav to Four Corners National monument where you can Stan in four states at the same time, I have noticed a gain of about 100 miles to a tank after removing the HRG 1.5” level lift due to CV axles going bad, A very awesome trip and the Mav did great!

IMG_6034.jpeg

IMG_6033.jpeg

IMG_6019.jpeg

IMG_5992.jpeg

IMG_5933.jpeg

IMG_5931.jpeg

IMG_5930.jpeg

IMG_5929.jpeg

IMG_5925.jpeg

IMG_5926.jpeg

IMG_5974.jpeg

IMG_6042.jpeg

IMG_6043.jpeg

IMG_6041.jpeg

IMG_6040.jpeg
I lived in Southern Utah and Northern Arizona for a few years and it is some of the most spectacular color scenery I have been in. And the four corners monument is kind of cool when you think about the folks that did the geological survey when the states were created. Even though there were autos and trucks, back in the 1890's to 1920's the surveys were all done with chain and sextant carried by a man or a mule. That is a geophysical marker placed by the USGS and they needed to get the permission of the Navajo Nation to place it when Arizona was made a state in 1912.

Modesto

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

1600 mile round trip from So Cal to Monument valley, Visited Forest Gump point, Mexican Hat rock and drove Valley of the Gods, Then to the Mav to Four Corners National monument where you can Stan in four states at the same time, I have noticed a gain of about 100 miles to a tank after removing the HRG 1.5” level lift due to CV axles going bad, A very awesome trip and the Mav did great!

IMG_6034.jpeg

IMG_6033.jpeg

IMG_6019.jpeg

IMG_5992.jpeg

IMG_5933.jpeg

IMG_5931.jpeg

IMG_5930.jpeg

IMG_5929.jpeg

IMG_5925.jpeg

IMG_5926.jpeg

IMG_5974.jpeg

IMG_6042.jpeg

IMG_6043.jpeg

IMG_6041.jpeg

IMG_6040.jpeg
Man o man o man. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!

CalCWORet

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Luxury w/CP360 & CP360A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I've been wanting to do this trip for a long while; however, I am a full-time caregiver and can barely get a few hours to myself, much less a couple weeks.

I pull a travel trailer now for ultimate sleeping comfort, but a rooftop tent seems like a decent option to avoid towing and maybe saving some gas. I have the Roll-n-Lock M-XT retractable cover, so crossbars should be no problem. Not crazy about climbing a ladder to get in & out of a tent, though. Then again, towing a trailer on dirt roads....meh! Then there's the spending of another $2000. Oh well, it'll be awhile before I have to make any decisions.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Brian214

Brian214

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Elantra GT, Ford F550
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My favorite scenery in the world.

But I had no idea they called it Forest Gump Point. Now it's definitely my favorite.
Yep it has a sign that says Forest Gump point, It has become a very crowded tourist attraction

OP
OP
Brian214

Brian214

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the link! Love the photos. Got me jonezin. My truck is scheduled for production week of 10/16. I do an annual trek to gather with musician friends in the mountains of NE Nevada. Always flown to SLC (from Corpus Christi TX), rented a truck. Planning to drive next summer. Accomodations are available, but I'd like to carry my own, camp along the way, & free up space for others. How about the rack? Got a link? Thanks.🙏🏻
https://www.gorhino.com/series-721-xrs-cross-bars-kit.html
https://www.gorhino.com/series-696-xrs-cross-bar-side-rail-accessory-kits.html

OP
OP
Brian214

Brian214

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I lived in Southern Utah and Northern Arizona for a few years and it is some of the most spectacular color scenery I have been in. And the four corners monument is kind of cool when you think about the folks that did the geological survey when the states were created. Even though there were autos and trucks, back in the 1890's to 1920's the surveys were all done with chain and sextant carried by a man or a mule. That is a geophysical marker placed by the USGS and they needed to get the permission of the Navajo Nation to place it when Arizona was made a state in 1912.
That’s some cool info, Thank you

Reactions: 2B1

Kagiso

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sponsored

likeparty

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hot Pepper Red
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As a fellow camper, I'll offer this...I use 18-24 inch long pieces of 2x6 for leveling blocks. Had to replace them several times after splitting them and using them as fire starters or as jack stabilizer/boosters in deep sand (Capital Reef flat tire).
That said, I have a thousand pound Little Guy 5 wide tear drop trailer, not leveling the whole vehicle. I've been amazed on 35-75 day camping trips (including this general itinerary) how useful pieces of 2x6 are.
We live in FL and have made a lot of these supremely long trips.

Ford Maverick Monument Valley and Four Corners roadtrip & camping with the Maverick Little Guy in Virginia

lajlmt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yes one day yours will be here and you’ll love it, Patience it’s worth it
By that I meant shipped to the mainland. We’re moving outta Hawaii sadly, unaffordable and Honolulu is getting too nutz.

OP
OP
Brian214

Brian214

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
By that I meant shipped to the mainland. We’re moving outta Hawaii sadly, unaffordable and Honolulu is getting too nutz.
Well don’t come to California it’s the same, Not quite as expensive as where your at but it’s close

OP
OP
Brian214

Brian214

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As a fellow camper, I'll offer this...I use 18-24 inch long pieces of 2x6 for leveling blocks. Had to replace them several times after splitting them and using them as fire starters or as jack stabilizer/boosters in deep sand (Capital Reef flat tire).
That said, I have a thousand pound Little Guy 5 wide tear drop trailer, not leveling the whole vehicle. I've been amazed on 35-75 day camping trips (including this general itinerary) how useful pieces of 2x6 are.
We live in FL and have made a lot of these supremely long trips.

Little Guy in Virginia.jpg
I’m looking into a Teardrop trailer and getting rid of the RTT and bed racks, I love my tent But I like the fact I could drop a Teardrop in my camp space and still have the truck mobile
Sponsored