First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Elantra GT, Ford F550
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
1600 mile round trip from So Cal to Monument valley, Visited Forest Gump point, Mexican Hat rock and drove Valley of the Gods, Then to the Mav to Four Corners National monument where you can Stan in four states at the same time, I have noticed a gain of about 100 miles to a tank after removing the HRG 1.5” level lift due to CV axles going bad, A very awesome trip and the Mav did great!

Ford Maverick Monument Valley and Four Corners roadtrip & camping with the Maverick IMG_6034

Ford Maverick Monument Valley and Four Corners roadtrip & camping with the Maverick IMG_6033

Ford Maverick Monument Valley and Four Corners roadtrip & camping with the Maverick IMG_6019

Ford Maverick Monument Valley and Four Corners roadtrip & camping with the Maverick IMG_5992

Ford Maverick Monument Valley and Four Corners roadtrip & camping with the Maverick IMG_5933

Ford Maverick Monument Valley and Four Corners roadtrip & camping with the Maverick IMG_5931

Ford Maverick Monument Valley and Four Corners roadtrip & camping with the Maverick IMG_5930

Ford Maverick Monument Valley and Four Corners roadtrip & camping with the Maverick IMG_5929

Ford Maverick Monument Valley and Four Corners roadtrip & camping with the Maverick IMG_5925

Ford Maverick Monument Valley and Four Corners roadtrip & camping with the Maverick IMG_5926

Ford Maverick Monument Valley and Four Corners roadtrip & camping with the Maverick IMG_5974

Ford Maverick Monument Valley and Four Corners roadtrip & camping with the Maverick IMG_6042

Ford Maverick Monument Valley and Four Corners roadtrip & camping with the Maverick IMG_6043

Ford Maverick Monument Valley and Four Corners roadtrip & camping with the Maverick IMG_6041

Ford Maverick Monument Valley and Four Corners roadtrip & camping with the Maverick IMG_6040
Sponsored

OP
OP
Brian214

Brian214

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wonderful pictures. Glad you had a nice trip.

I gotta ask...why the orange chock blocks on your camping setup?
This campsite had a bad downward slope to it, I use the Leveling blocks to level the truck and tent

Sponsored

johnny99

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick lariat awd 360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This campsite had a bad downward slope to it, I use the Leveling blocks to level the truck and tent
I wondered. Thanks for the explanation.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I used to RTT camp on a steep mountain side here on Maui. I always just dug holes for leveling. Filled em back in ofcourse. Shovel takes the space of the blocks(which I used to take before the holes), but the shovel has other uses around camp. Just a thought for ya.

OP
OP
Brian214

Brian214

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I used to RTT camp on a steep mountain side here on Maui. I always just dug holes for leveling. Filled em back in ofcourse. Shovel takes the space of the blocks(which I used to take before the holes), but the shovel has other uses around camp. Just a thought for ya.
I actually have a shovel and had never thought of using it, I have used these so often that I can put a level on my truck and know how many blocks on each tire, When I’m done I just pick them up and take off to my adventures

greenlight

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order: SHADOW BLACK HYBRID XLT LUX 360 MOON ROOF
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Wonderful pictures. Glad you had a nice trip.

Because it isnt a BAP maverick. Have to continue the theme right. Lol.

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Those look to be Lynx Levelers aka Tri Lynx. I have three 10 packs and two stop chocks stashed in my motorhome. Legos for campers.
I also use mine for car/truck/tractor ramps as they're rated for motorhome weight.

Ford Maverick Monument Valley and Four Corners roadtrip & camping with the Maverick Lynx-Levelers-

Sponsored

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Cool! 👍🏻

Been there. Done that. Neat place.

Last time I was there I was in a GMC 2500HD Turbo Diesel. That sucker sometimes got 26 MPG running light and under 65 MPH.

johnny99

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick lariat awd 360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Those look to be Lynx Levelers aka Tri Lynx. I have three 10 packs and two stop chocks stashed in my motorhome. Legos for campers.
I also use mine for car/truck/tractor ramps as they're rated for motorhome weight.

Lynx-Levelers-.jpg
Further confirmation I'm pretty out of touch. Light(er)weight, no maintenance. Pretty cool.

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Monument Valley is a special place and so many people don't go there, partially due to it not being a National Park or Natl Monument since it is part of the Navaho Indian Reservation and they don't want to give it up. Have ridden all over Monument Valley 10+ years ago looking for (especially) John Wayne movie sites (especially "Searchers")...found a dozen sites. But they apparently no longer allows motorcycles in the park due to people getting stuck in deep sand and the loud Harley's and their noise mufflers. Monument Valley is on of my all time favorite sites...especially Mouoke Road outside Monument Valley.

If Monument Valley was turned into a National Park over crowding ruin it like Yellowstone and Yoshomie

Last edited:

SLINGSHOT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Went thru here in 1981 with a Chevy Citation, wife and two kids. No AC. Rolled up the windows with road maps covering them to keep cool.. Amazing scenery and I remember standing on the four states marker.

OP
OP
Brian214

Brian214

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Monument Valley is a special place and so many people don't go there, partially due to it not being a National Park or Natl Monument since it is part of the Navaho Indian Reservation and they don't want to give it up.
I was extremely surprised by the lack of people there considering it was Labor Day weekend
Sponsored