David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Cannot program it yourself unless you have the Ford Diagnostic Tool and know how to use it. The dealer is going to get 1 hour labor minimum and I do not blame them.

The old system was do it yourself, but that ended a number of years back.

I think these new ones come in gloss black as well as textured. Sure glad I got the wired one on my 23. Use it a lot.
There is no difference in functionality between the wired and bluetooth versions. With the bluetooth version you can install anywhere on the truck. Personally I like the option of being able to easily replace or remove mine without leaving a hole in the side of the truck.
Sponsored

BluegrassNbass

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Clif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My dealership want minimum 1 hours labor charge for $199 I really stupid bought the Key pad wireless entry with can not return even you are not open yet ????????? Ford accessories. So any one beware fully to buying anything from them ,now I have to look around Ford dealership services for cheaper labor for that install!!!!!!!! LESS THAN $100 TO INSTALL PROBABLY ACCEPTABLE BUT $200 IT OUTRAGEOUS
How much money is that vs your Maverick cost?
Almost like new home buyers spending 400k then complaining about having to buy another garage door opener for 100$
Absurd that they should get an hour as it can be done in less than 10 minutes by any semi-competent tech. That's why the ford accessory site even states 0.2 hours of labor for the job. Charging an hour labor either means the tech is incompetent or the dealer is scummy or both.
Can't really argue with the flat rate comment. Definitely shouldn't be over that. The tech needs to get it done in 0.1 hrs then.

Jah.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jah.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick xlt fx4 , Honda 700 ctx mc
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Don't use it very often but really nice to have . cruise and keypad plus other options reason why I bought XLT .

WJOHNM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equinox, redline. XLT,AWD,4KTOW,FX4 ,CO PILOT360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

First post! I ordered the Keyless Entry Keypad for my 2024 XLT and it arrived. Am I able to program it myself or do I need to bring it to the dealer and pay for an install? If you know how to program it please let me know. Thanks!
I have a keyless entry on my 22XLT FX4 and haven't used it once in a year and forgot the code. I've told this story before, my truck locks with engine running when I get out, dealer said its normal, [that's insane and can't be true] My phone in vehicle running truck and am outside looking in, long story short my dog was in the truck and had window open enough for one of my skinny friends to get back in. DONT FORGET YOUR CODE. I will address the problem on my next oil change CAN'T BE NORMAL.

SLJ

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You use to be able to program them on previous models yourself just like programming another key fob. All that was needed was two programmed fobs/keys. Glad mine came with the built in keypad. Still not as nice as the Bronco Sports but it will work.

Sponsored

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yep, doesn't bother me. I'm sure you could make stickers that would change it, haha.
I'm thinking the keys can be carefully popped out and rotated 90deg? They look like a perfect squares with rounded corners. But yeah, I'm doing the same.. installing them vertically in the same fashion as the previous standard model.

Samus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm thinking the keys can be carefully popped out and rotated 90deg? They look like a perfect squares with rounded corners. But yeah, I'm doing the same.. installing them vertically in the same fashion as the previous standard model.
Didn't even think of that.

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Unit is technically non serviceable meaning the shell doesn't just pop apart. The unit is designed to be a throw away when the battery bites the dust although Ford claims the battery should last 5-10 years. Also, the keys actually aren't symmetrical, they're longer in width than height.

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Unit is technically non serviceable meaning the shell doesn't just pop apart. The unit is designed to be a throw away when the battery bites the dust although Ford claims the battery should last 5-10 years. Also, the keys actually aren't symmetrical, they're longer in width than height.
I've seen folks take them apart easily enough... but thank you for pointing out that the keys are not symmetical... so we live with numbers rotated 90deg... no big deal.. it's muscle memory anyway.

badMotorist

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 Grand Marquis LS
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've read about people installing it in the bed since it is a throw-away item unlike the previous years. Thinking about doing that for mine so it's a little more discreet a location, especially with a bed cover.

Sponsored

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There is no difference in functionality between the wired and bluetooth versions. With the bluetooth version you can install anywhere on the truck. Personally I like the option of being able to easily replace or remove mine without leaving a hole in the side of the truck.
Functionality is the same. The big difference and one that will only be noticed is if one keeps their truck for long periods of time. I mean real long. Wireless keypad came on my 05 Ranger new. Battery lasted 8 years. Started getting the low battery alert all the time in cold sub zero temps so replaced the battery even though it is said it cannot be done. Second battery lasted about the same length of time. This time I must have done something to the unit as it caused a parasitic drain on the keypad and the battery would only last about 3 days.

I like the looks of the wired one much better, but of course that has nothing to do with functionality.

catshreds

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My dealership want minimum 1 hours labor charge for $199 I really stupid bought the Key pad wireless entry with can not return even you are not open yet ????????? Ford accessories. So any one beware fully to buying anything from them ,now I have to look around Ford dealership services for cheaper labor for that install!!!!!!!! LESS THAN $100 TO INSTALL PROBABLY ACCEPTABLE BUT $200 IT OUTRAGEOUS
????????????????????????????

REMUB40

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CRV 2013 Chevy Cruze
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I've read about people installing it in the bed since it is a throw-away item unlike the previous years. Thinking about doing that for mine so it's a little more discreet a location, especially with a bed cover.
If you bed cover requires tail gate access to open the cover, this won't work.

TC-ERB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Based on ford website the unit is $120 with $24 to get it installed. How can the dealer charge so much more. QUOTE="REMUB40, post: 722542, member: 18185"]
See image below?
Ford Maverick Installing Keyless Entry Keypad? IMG_3783
Sponsored