First Name
Hack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 & 2018 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My salesman called yesterday to tell me that a bunch of special order Mavericks came in all at one time, so I went down to see them today. All were turbos, of course, and were special orders, so couldn't be driven and such. There was one Lariat and the rest, I think, were XLTs. Most of what I have to say here has already been discussed, but ...

First, I like it! Yes, it's compact, but I would not say small. It's probably larger than my early 90s Toyota extra cab and my 95 Ranger. I sat in one and it felt roomy and comfortable. The seats are a little higher than our CRV, which I like. I'm 5'6". (used to be 5' 8", but that's another story.) I was wondering, since I sit closer to the wheel than some, if the arm rest came far enough forward, so your arm was not resting on the hard plastic handle in front of the big bottle holder. It's fine, even with the seat forward, the arm rest was where I wanted it. I was also curious about the storage under the rear seat. I often take a day pack with me and would want to put it under the rear seat, out of view, when I'm not in the truck. I meant to take it with me but forgot. That said, the storage look bigger than I expected based on the photos I had seen. I'm pretty sure most day packs would fit, with the rear seat all the way down.

Somewhere on this forum someone asked about bed drainage. I don't know about some sort of dedicated drain attachment, but there are several drain holes in the bed just behind the cab and one on each side by the tailgate. Also, in the bed, I was wondering about the distance from the rear of the back 2x4/2x6 slot to the tailgate. Why? My wife and I keep several recycled cardboard boxes, and a half dozen cloth bags in the back of our CRV for grocery shopping. In the Maverick, since I plan on getting an after-market hard tri-fold cover, they would go in the back of the bed, behind the 2x4, where they would be easy to load and wouldn't slide around. The distance from the 2x4 to the tailgate is about 14 inches. Three boxes should fit across there nicely.

They had 6 Mavericks when I went to check them out. One black, one white, one Area 51 and three Cactus Grey. The Cactus grey, which is the color I chose, looks just a little darker in real life than in the photos I have seen. Yes there's just a hint of green, but very subtle. I still like it a lot. (Yes, I took my sunglasses off.) Area 51 is just a little too dark for me, for our New Mexico summers, but I gotta' say it looks good, too.

Yes, I've seen some. The Maverick really exists. it's not some sort of automotive legend or conspiracy.
Sponsored

bpcooper14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One came in to the local dealer here that had already been sold. I took a drive down to see it. Lariat, AWD, CG, FX package. It wasn't as "small" as I thought, only slightly smaller than the 08 Frontier that's my daily driver. Wasn't a big fan of the interior colors. Just not my cup of tea, still hoping to see an XLT in the wild since that's what I ordered so I can gauge those interior colors. The bed was smaller than I expected but I was prepared for the bed size. Just with the tailgate up, it's a noticeable change from the bed I currently have. Unusable? Not at all, I usually have misc. stuff rolling around back there anyway. All in all, I'm pleased with the look and my decision. I didn't get a chance to drive it since it was already sold BUT i'm not that worried about the ride of an ecoboost since I'm waiting on a hybrid.

Deklon

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Luxury pkg
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Also drove one today after my dealer called to tell me a stock order came in. Black XLT with off road package and all the extras except bedliner. Told my sales guy I was sticking with my hybrid order but he said let's go for a ride anyway so you can say you drove one. Thought that was nice. Plenty of in depth reviews out there but I'll emphasize a couple things. Looks smaller than I expected buy still looks like a real truck. Cloth seat was noticeably much more comfortable than my leather seat Ridgeline. Ride was super smooth and also quieter than the Ridgeline. I feel like the truck bed is unique and a big draw for my needs. It's much deeper than I thought I saw from photos, yet very square. I love this depth for taking trash barrels to the dump that won't tip over and for things like a yard of mulch etc. As much as I fell more in love with the truck after driving it I feel like I got some of the impatience out of my system so it will actually be easier to wait longer for my specific build. The only BIG negative was I had hoped the little cubby next to the screen would hold a tin of Skoal long cut mint on it's side, but it has to go in angled lol.. Oh and the sticker was $29k with a hand written note next to it saying "32,700 market value adjustment".

Sponsored

TruckVille

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto Blue, 4K Tow, Luxury Package, Flux Capacitor
:eek:o_O:poop: Wow! That's what I call Dealer Markup! No wonder people are flying two states over and driving home in their new Mav. I believe there are dealers around who aren't marking them up, at least not that much.

GTBuzz

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I saw my first one today also. It was a black XL and already sold, so no test drive.

I feel the XL combination of interior colors with the greys, blues and black might be the sharpest look of all the color schemes and I dont even mind the orange of the XLT. From the pics the XLT seems to have lighter colored faceted panels than the XL which looked slightly darker grey. Maybe its just the color combos that make it appear lighter or perhaps they are darker in person also.

The seats were very comfortable. Looking out the windshield had that looking over a truck hood feel to it. I am used to cars that have almost zero hood view.

I was expecting a cheaper feel to everything than what I observed.

When we walked up to it from the side, it seemed taller and longer than what I was expecting from the reviews. Width wise was about what I expected.

Steelies were better in person, maybe better against the black truck, but I would still change them if it was me.

Wish I could get the XL interior colors on the XLT. Even thought just get an XL and add wheels, but want some of the upgrades on the XLT.

EDIT: Just went to the Ford builder page, darker panels on the XL than the XLT. They almost looked metallic in the sunlight. Obviously felt like plastic, but the facets and material had good quality.
Sponsored

Last edited: