John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick FX4 ECO/AWD Cactus Gray XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

i paid $49.5K and this was inflated because of the tax credit offered. (Toyota wanted essentially to get the credit)

The vehicles in question are not compatible. The Maverick Hybrid is very limited. We both know the differences. It is always “what the market will bear.” I simply wanted to point out real world operating efficiencies.

My point was not to criticize the Maverick, after all I have one soon to be delivered, but to emphasize that there is a lot more that can be done. I think that some sort of hybrid will be in my foreseeable future. Ford can continue to offer a basic XL for most people’s budget, but also a PHEV which I believe will be received quite well

i am very excited about my Maverick.
Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you followed, you'd know that is no longer available, ergo moot point.

Even if the Mav would get the same credit as the Escape PHEV (assuming you qualify, which I and many do not), you're still looking at a break even of 250,000 miles.
And if you really followed you would know that you can probably lease and still get the full credit with less requirements/restrictions on income because the rules are different for commercial purchases.

inline_five

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And if you really followed you would know that you can probably lease and still get the full credit with less requirements/restrictions on income because the rules are different for commercial purchases.
Oh I'm well aware. The only EV I would buy right now is a Tesla and they do not offer lease buy outs unfortunately.

For Rav 4 Prime the dealer market adjustment is still relatively high from what I was seeing that I just gave up. Anything you save on lease buyouts just goes straight to the dealer from what I was seeing.

With how popular the Maverick is I'd imagine it would be the same case. A $30k PHEV AWD Maverick would basically be backordered for five years lol.

inline_five

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i paid $49.5K and this was inflated because of the tax credit offered. (Toyota wanted essentially to get the credit)

The vehicles in question are not compatible. The Maverick Hybrid is very limited. We both know the differences. It is always “what the market will bear.” I simply wanted to point out real world operating efficiencies.

My point was not to criticize the Maverick, after all I have one soon to be delivered, but to emphasize that there is a lot more that can be done. I think that some sort of hybrid will be in my foreseeable future. Ford can continue to offer a basic XL for most people’s budget, but also a PHEV which I believe will be received quite well

i am very excited about my Maverick.
You can make any car super efficient, the issue is the cost to do so. Either in dollars or design.

Without large subsidies these PHEVs don't make financial sense.

Sponsored

skries

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Guys - Just go to Fuelly. Public service if you put your info there. Definitely better to have more than 1 data point.

OP
OP
Distracto

Distracto

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same experience here. I always get far better highway mileage than advertised. I do stick pretty close to the speed limits, though. Ford and the EPA must have been testing these things at 80+ MPH to get that 33 figure.
I think the same thing when I look at my trip calculator after a highway trip!

OP
OP
Distracto

Distracto

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My hybrid drops down to 25-30 mpg on the interstate at 75mph. Still better than my silverado at 17 but not as good as i thought it would get. Have 2500 miles on the truck. Maybe cold temps, maybe not broke in yet
Maybe different terrain? My driving is all very flat

RedRider

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fusion, 2023 Maverick on order
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are you keeping the whole interior warn, requiring that you run the gas engine a lot more, or ware you just using the seat and steering wheel warmers?

2lbgill

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLTHybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

2023 XLT hybrid, now at +6k mi.. just got back from a FL to south GA trip, 300mi one way, all flat terrain..

Going up, mpg with cruise set to 65mph = 46mpg, per dash

Coming back, mpg with cruise at 75mph, sometimes pushing 80mph, passing to maintain faster speeds, etc. = 37mpg at the dash

Adjusting for the dash being overgenerous, highway at 65mpg can still yield better than the advertised 33mpg.. This is consistent with my shorter in town highway driving over the last 6k miles..
I was getting 47-48 Mpg during the summer now in Zero or colder weather I am down to 34Mpg, I warm it up for 15 min. before driving. It starts like it is warm out at that temp. At above 10 degrees it is 38-39 Mpg

Sponsored

imboden013

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was getting 47-48 Mpg during the summer now in Zero or colder weather I am down to 34Mpg, I warm it up for 15 min. before driving. It starts like it is warm out at that temp. At above 10 degrees it is 38-39 Mpg
With new computerized autos you don’t need to let it warm up other than you want the interior warm for passengers. Idling kills mpg.

Pikey87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, the hybrid gets surprisingly excellent mpg on the highway, my averages on 70mph highway trips are 37-41mpg.
Sponsored