First Name
ED
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Maverick IS A TRUCK. I was unable to drive one before purchase, but I am ok with the ride and the hard seat cushions. My wife will not ride more than an hour because she finds the ride uncomfortable. She wants long distance travel to be in my 17 mpg 2005 Aviator. I like 45mpg in my Maverick, along with 18 years of improvements. Some might be happy to leave complaints at home, but I prefer to improve her comfort, rather than to court conflict.
I have tried some after-market seat cushions, but with little improvement . Maybe there is something I missed.
QUESTION: Does anyone have a reasonable way to improve passenger seat comfort in my MAVERICK XLT?
BIGE
Sponsored

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I can't comment on the cloth vs. pleather seats specifically on the maverick but the cloth ones in my previous Escape were definitely tougher and more firm. In a weird way, I almost prefer them for their durability outside of potential staining issues.

What you need is a Latex seat cushion. Not some cheap knock off foam. Latex is the king of butt cushions. Look for the all natural talalayalala or whatever it's called and it should have holes punched through it to breathe too. Or - a Purple cushion. Got one of those for a Christmas gift for my desk chair - night and day difference.

cyberdog

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oddly, I don't find the seats overly hard or firm. Granted, I have a Lariat, and maybe, just maybe the cushions are different and it isn't only the coverings. They're firmer than my prior Outback's seat, however, those were most likely well 'worn' in, sort of like a 10-12 year old mattress or couch, which might be part of your wife's problem. Car seat cushions, like any other cushion, do soften, break-in, wear-in, call it what you will.

The ride does seem to get softer after a few hundred miles, although I thought it was pretty good, having had overload springs & HD Shocks/Struts on my Outback. In comparison the Maverick's suspension is darn near posh.

Panther City Outdoors

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Compared to the Transit Connect, Edge and Fusions I've driven, the Mavericks seats seem ALOT more comfortable. However, I haven't driven for over 45 minutes yet, but will this weekend for a 3 hour trip. I still plan getting a cushion, more for protection. I used this one in my Transit and it made it 100 percent better, but those seats were horrible. They stay in place, which is nice.

https://amzn.to/3scM3pO

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

OP
OP

BigE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
ED
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks to all of you. I will await other replies but I probably will opt for a better cushion. BIGE

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
Why not just take the Aviator on longer trips and use the Maverick for shorter trips around town? Either that or tell your wife to put her big girl pants on and cowboy up because yeah the seats on every trim of the Maverick kinda suck for longer trips.

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Perplexing to me, I have found the opposite, incredibly comfy ride, echoed by every passenger. Took a 6 hour journey with my stock XLT recently and everyone got out commenting that they were NOT stiff or sore, and all of us are geezers. More comfortable than any vehicle I've previously owned.

Hate that OP is having the opposite experience, and at a loss as to why. Hope you find a solution soon.

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would take the 2005 Aviator on longer trips. More gas yes but much less $$$ than a 2024 Aviator.

Oscarcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat, Lexus NX 300 Chrysler PT Cruiser 5 spd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You didn't mention which trim you have. Did you check your tire pressure? To much pressure will adversely affect the ride. I find the Lariat pleather [ActiveX] to be acceptably comfortable and the ride very good. Type of tires? The factory Michelin A/S in my EB are comfortable, quiet and combined with the acoustic windshield the cabin is quiet, no wind noise. It is not fair to compare a Lincoln to a Ford trucklet. The Lincoln is desgined on purpose to be cushy and quiet. I went for the more cushy version of the Mav - the Lariat - added the 2.0L engine cushion cover to get a quieter experience. I find my Mav to be just as comfortable as my wife's Lexus and so does she.

Sponsored

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Don’t experience your issue in mine, maybe see what your local auto upholstery shop can recommend, different foam etc

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My Maverick IS A TRUCK. I was unable to drive one before purchase, but I am ok with the ride and the hard seat cushions. My wife will not ride more than an hour because she finds the ride uncomfortable. She wants long distance travel to be in my 17 mpg 2005 Aviator. I like 45mpg in my Maverick, along with 18 years of improvements. Some might be happy to leave complaints at home, but I prefer to improve her comfort, rather than to court conflict.
I have tried some after-market seat cushions, but with little improvement . Maybe there is something I missed.
QUESTION: Does anyone have a reasonable way to improve passenger seat comfort in my MAVERICK XLT?
BIGE
Get her a gel seat cushion.

todd92

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 (2), Edge ST, Edge Titanium
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Seats are not hard on the softer side if anything. Ride is not harsh, but I have the IRS, not the solid rear axle,

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not as comfortable as a Lincoln Aviator, go figure.

OP
OP

BigE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
ED
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Regarding my search for passenger seat comfort, I realize now that comfort, like beauty, is in the eye (or butt) of the beholder.
Thanks to those who suggest that we should either be grateful or "cowboy up" or to burn up three times more dinosaurs in my Aviator-(or even worse, my Ram 2500 4x4 at 13mpg) but a big reason I bought the Mav Hybrid was fuel economy, (gas in California now is $6, and will probably be $12 before I stop driving my Maverick) and to downsize. There are many helpful suggestions, including a really good seat cushion which seems the first step.
Sponsored