First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ranger XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My ordered Maverick is just about ready for pickup but seeing how its a 12hr round trip drive I'm searching locally for a deal.

What I'm hearing from dealers is that its still Covid times. A person is LUCKY to get MSRP and I should EXPECT to pay above that for both new and used. They're also telling me from a salesperson's point of view there is no room for price negotiation as they make next to nothing when a Maverick is sold. We're talking around $300, if that, on a sale.

Is this just dealer talk, or do you all find this to be the case?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Justin says...

Justin says...

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ranger XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I paid $800 under with $100 total fees in September for a loaded Lariat off the lot. Didn't seem like COVID times to me anymore.
Cool. Did the dealer have it priced at MSRP?

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My ordered Maverick is just about ready for pickup but seeing how its a 12hr round trip drive I'm searching locally for a deal.
Why did you order from a dealer 6 hours away if you weren't willing to make the trip to pick up?

HRG

Sponsored

Ven

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What I can say is they are so greedy

Last edited:

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm *able* to make the trip but also checking locally. Why drive further than I have to?
Maybe a question you should have asked yourself when you placed the order! 🤣

I mean if you want to pay a mark up locally or settle for a truck you didn't order to avoid a 12 hour road trip - my brain doesn't comprehend decisions like that so all I can do is wish you best the luck!

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP - Cars.com, some emails, and some phone calls and you can answer your question yourself. I live in NC too. I do a search for Mavs like mine every month - real Mavs with real photos on the lot. Every month I find more and more ecoboosts at MSRP. I search within 250 miles of NC. I tend to find a lot of them across the border in Georgia for some reason.

I find when talking to a dealer, the best policy is honesty. Tell them what you have ordered, what it's costing you, what your travel will cost. Ask them if they can make it easier and save you a few bucks. They'll say yes or no. It's that simple.

PS: One thing I leaned many years ago from car sales friends. If you disrespect them, they'll disrespect you right back. That's why I am always honest with the sales guy about my goals walking into that dealership. Am I window shopping? I tell him. What are the numbers I'm targeting and why - I tell him. If he says he can't meet my goals, I ignore the sales narrative about why and I just depart with a polite "thank you for your time".

OP
OP
Justin says...

Justin says...

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ranger XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm surprised how much flack I'm getting here. The dealer in KY has been the only dealer that will only charge me MSRP, and not MSRP + several thousand dollars. So, because I didnt want to pay thousands more, we buy from him. Around my area, it has been difficult to find a dealer that will not overcharge.

Sponsored

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I'm *able* to make the trip but also checking locally. Why drive further than I have to?
Considering that you were bragging on your Dealer in KY (selling at MSRP, etc) this sounds more like a case of buyers remorse on what you ordered. I imagine that someone else will enjoy the opportunity to purchase this truck.

HRG

Attachments

OP
OP
Justin says...

Justin says...

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ranger XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Considering that you were bragging on your Dealer in KY (selling at MSRP, etc) this sounds more like a case of buyers remorse on what you ordered. I imagine that someone else will enjoy the opportunity to purchase this truck.

HRG
Bragging? LMAO There is no buyers remorse. I am simply asking what others' experience has been with recent pricing. You seem to be one angry person.

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm surprised how much flack I'm getting here. The dealer in KY has been the only dealer that will only charge me MSRP, and not MSRP + several thousand dollars. So, because I didnt want to pay thousands more, we buy from him. Around my area, it has been difficult to find a dealer that will not overcharge.
Hope you didn't view my response as flack. I was trying to be helpful. What part of NC? Here in the Asheville area, there are several dealers who don't play games and will sell you an ecoboost at MSRP. I bought mine from Asheville Ford for MSRP a year ago. No games, no hassle, no insane fees.

OP
OP
Justin says...

Justin says...

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ranger XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hope you didn't view my response as flack. I was trying to be helpful. What part of NC? Here in the Asheville area, there are several dealers who don't play games and will sell you an ecoboost at MSRP. I bought mine from Asheville Ford for MSRP a year ago. No games, no hassle, no insane fees.
Not your post, you're ok. By the Dragon. Asheville Ford has a few, but no EB's. I think they were all hybrids last time I checked.

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Bragging? LMAO There is no buyers remorse. I am simply asking what others' experience has been with recent pricing. You seem to be one angry person.
Angry?, far from it. I'm on my 2nd Maverick already, and livin' the dream. I'm just intolerant of people wasting a dealers time, and using a build slot that someone else could have used to get THEIRS built. My guess is that the dealer in KY did not request a deposit at time of order, otherwise you wouldn't be so eager to walk away from it.

HRG
Sponsored