First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a 2024 XLT ecoboost with the tow package, which I got in January. About 2 weeks ago while waiting on my wife to finish a doctor's appointment I was "messing around" with the settings on the and found a button next to the headlight switch. I pushed it with both the engine running and not running and was unable to see an icon on the dash light up have not tried to push it while driving. I have checked the owner's manual front to back several times and have not even seen a picture of this button. Hope someone here will know what if anything this does.

Ford Maverick button next to headlight switch maverick button
Sponsored

Carlitos_92

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Area 51 XLT EB AWD Lux FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hint: It's with the lighting controls. Look at the picture closely. :wink:

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a 2024 XLT ecoboost with the tow package, which I got in January. About 2 weeks ago while waiting on my wife to finish a doctor's appointment I was "messing around" with the settings on the and found a button next to the headlight switch. I pushed it with both the engine running and not running and was unable to see an icon on the dash light up have not tried to push it while driving. I have checked the owner's manual front to back several times and have not even seen a picture of this button. Hope someone here will know what if anything this does.

maverick button.jpg
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...is-button-for-2024-maverick-tremor-xlt.42296/

And...

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/enhanced-exterior-lighting.34306/

BlueMaverick23

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Emarlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

maverick button.jpg
It's for the Bed lights

Sponsored

Toddman45

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT, Ford explorer Platinum, Chevy E
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Cargo lights on the rear of the cab in the chmsl.

Ford Maverick button next to headlight switch 20240701_205935

OP
OP

swijo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Tred searching the forums but did not find any of the links provided. Thanks for the information.

austinhiddy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I know most people don’t read their car manuals anymore, but damn it would solve a lot of common questions if people did.

It’s amazing how many people don’t know what so many buttons/icons/switches do in something they paid tens of thousands of dollars for. If I spent 30k on a watch, you can bet I’ll know what every little gear does in that thing.

Glen Baker LLC

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tred searching the forums but did not find any of the links provided. Thanks for the information.
I fully understand.
It should have been explained and diagrammed in the owner's manual.
There are so many warnings and cautions in the manual. Ford is so focused on covering their 🍑 that they, fail, miss, omit, to properly explaining and diagram some the basic features of the vehicle.
Not every buyer is a long time experience vehicle owner.
Some are first time vehicle buyers and that should be taken into consideration also.
Stay safe
GB

Sponsored

Glen Baker LLC

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know most people don’t read their car manuals anymore, but damn it would solve a lot of common questions if people did.
Except "swijo's" question.

It’s amazing how many people don’t know what so many buttons/icons/switches do in something they paid tens of thousands of dollars for. If I spent 30k on a watch, you can bet I’ll know what every little gear does in that thing.
Austin,
Believe it or not the explanation or information for that button is not covered in the manual. No matter how many times I looked for it.
I couldn't find a diagram or an explanation for the cargo light button in the manual. Whether you pay $30,000 for a watch or a truck, it's hard to read something in a manual if it's not printed in the manual.
Perhaps, if You or Anyone else can find it in the manual. Please take a screenshot and post it.
It would be appreciated and helpful.
Thank you,
GB
Thank You. "BlueMaverick23" for your straightforward answer in post #5

Last edited:

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If only someone could tell me where to load the squid for launching?

SP1966

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's the button that triggers the passenger ejection seat! I didn't know what it did either before pressing it... the wife still hasn't forgiven me.

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

maverick button.jpg
That one puzzled me when I first noticed it. I wish it had an icon that showed up on the dash so I know if it’s on or not when I’m driving. Maybe it does, as I haven’t tried the button while driving yet?

Carlitos_92

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Area 51 XLT EB AWD Lux FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I don't disagree with your point, but for the record, I don't see the cargo light ANYWHERE in the online manual I have. It isn't even in the image of the headlight switch on page 92. I am pretty good at navigating manuals, but this light/switch isn't mentioned by name, image, function, anything.

Ford Maverick button next to headlight switch original-A80EE615-62D2-49CA-8077-83F380ABD417
Sponsored