First Name
Bosko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone got an alternative to the ford Sun shade, $98 is rather steep dont ya think , thought there might be some with the Name on on Amazon but could not find any
There are dozens on Amazon.
Sponsored

TomD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee Trailsport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Anyone got an alternative to the ford Sun shade, $98 is rather steep dont ya think , thought there might be some with the Name on on Amazon but could not find any
I bought one on EBay that is cut for the Maverick. It folds up and has an elastic band to hold it together when not in use.
I also bought some screens that fit over the doors to keep the bugs out if you are 5 ft tall and want to sleep in the truck. They also block out some of the sun.
They are nice when fishing. You won’t come back to a vehicle that is so hot that it knocks you down when opening the door.

billbillw

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What happened to your Ford points? I'm an OEM Maverick sunshade aficionado. With the points, it was a no-brainer. Even without, it's a nice solid and reflective sunshade. Should last quite a while and be worth it, even says Maverick on it.
I agree. I used my points to get the OEM sunshade, which is very nice (comes with a nice storage bag too), and two bed cargo nets, which, are not that great, but nice to have.

Bert Rooster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Toyota T-100, 06 Jeep Liberty, 2018 Tiffin MH
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

inline_five

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

Rhynock

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mavrick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How thick is that/how easy does that store? I bought the "nicer" one of that type for $35 and it's way too thick and annoying to store.
I've only owned one other one before, so I don't have much to compare to. I find that it is easy to store and isn't too thick. I simply fold it once over then twist from two ends and it folds itself into a circle. It came with a little bag to put it in.

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bought this:

KUST Windshield Shade Custom Fit for Ford Maverick 2022 2023 2024 Sun Shade Front Windshield Sun Visor Foldable Thicker 5-Layer Block Heat and Sun UV Rays

Thicker 5-Layer KUST Windshield Shade Custom Fit for Ford Maverick Sun Shade

It has dramatically reduced the heat absorbed in the dash.

I highly recommend it.
I have the same brand but not the thicker one like yours. Is yours fairly easy to fold up and store? Mine folds up into a circle by twisting and folding. Is that how that one works?

inline_five

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've only owned one other one before, so I don't have much to compare to. I find that it is easy to store and isn't too thick. I simply fold it once over then twist from two ends and it folds itself into a circle. It came with a little bag to put it in.
I normally store in between the pax seat and center console and it won't fit, it's too thick

CamaroGirl

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Camaro, 2024 Mavrick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I purchased the WeatherTech sunshades for all windows and they work really well. I use some small bottles between the visor and sunshade to keep it against the windshield but they really do reduce the heat in the cab during the summer, and with all windows covered it is almost bearable to get in the cab during an Arizona Summer Day (115 degree day). My only complaint is that there isn't enough insulation between the headliner and the roof to keep the cab temp below 100 on those days.
How does yours fit around the mirror? I cannot seem to get it in place without knocking the mirror around every time.

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XLT-Alto Blue, 06 Mercedes SLK280
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here is a photo of the OEM sunshade.
Even with OEM I have to be careful around the mirror when installing/removing it or shade will hit mirror and cause it to move.
Ford Maverick Aftermarket Sun Shade? Maverick Sunshade

Last edited:
Sponsored

TimeOutside

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We have one of these for our Sonata. It attaches permanently to the column and you just pull the accordion folds across to the other column. It's lasted 6 years and still works perfectly. I just need to check if it's acceptable to stick it to the columns. I don't know if it would be prohibited due to airbags. If it's okay, I'll be getting one for my new Maverick.
UPDATE: I forgot. The visor sticks to the window, not the pillar. I'll be ordering one for the Maverick.
https://www.dashdesigns.com/c-1337839-the-original-retractable-shade.html

Last edited:

CamaroGirl

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Camaro, 2024 Mavrick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here is a photo of the OEM sunshade.
Even with OEM I have to be careful around the mirror when installing/removing it or shade will hit mirror and cause it to move.
Maverick Sunshade.jpg
What strategy do you use? I am still trying to figure it out. The Camaro one I have takes no effort but this one has stumped me so far (only a week or so of use)

StarNut

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Marvick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

BirdDog