First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone complaining about this pricing OBVIOUSLY didn't look at the window sticker. They're throwing in a free front license plate bracket for Christ's sake.
YOU THINK THOSE COME CHEAP?!?!?!?!?

LOLS.jpg
Yeah, but it probably has the dealer name on it. Are they going to pay you to advertise for them??
Sponsored

AngeloInSC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was browsing on the Ford site for any local inventory and came across this one about 60 miles from me. Isn't this a 40% markup vs MSRP?

I do have an order for an XLT Hybrid that was placed 8/19, but nothing yet from Ford.

https://www.loudonmotorsford.net/ne...verick-Lariat-3FTTW8F9XNRA01437?fmccmp=t1-si;
OK then. If anybody wants to wait until Christmas, my FE is coming in but in Rapid Red which is a $400 upcharge that I will sell your for 5 grand less than this.

Thrillhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Or just do away with the dealership protections altogether and allow, for an open and free marketplace. Imagine if you had to go to a dealer for an iPhone, rather than being allowed to buy from Apple.
Tesla sells directly and raises their prices almost weekly. It depends on what mood Elon Musk is in. If Ford sells direct, it doesn't mean their prices are chiseled in stone. We are also in a unique time. Most times when you buy from a dealer you are paying below sticker price because you can negotiate. Try negotiating a lower price with Apple.

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What a disgrace. I purchased a Maverick XLT Lux AWD FX4 for MSRP at $32,735.00 plus tax at John Kennedy Ford Pottstown PA over the phone and picked it up next day with no issues If someone buys this truck for that price you are a FOOL...
A fool & his money are soon parted, especially in America where I gotta have it yesterday. The fool will have to pay for it, because nobody is going to finance that, as soon as the loan papers are signed its an upside down loan!

Sponsored

Larrythelunatic

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Toyota Pickup. 22 IS hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yeah, but it probably has the dealer name on it. Are they going to pay you to advertise for them??
PSSSST………Hey Kid………..Commear……..
Listen……..keep it to yourself, OK? I like you, kid….
If you’ll sign today……….I think I can talk my sales manager into giving it to you for $49,999!
But you got to act fast. He’s in a good mood today……..must have got some this morning!
So act quick! Don’t be surprised if he kicks it up a bit. But still…..he’ll save you a couple grand!
Jump on while you can, before some other suck…… er, guy comes along!

MattIngram

First Name
Deleteme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deleteme
Tesla sells directly and raises their prices almost weekly. It depends on what mood Elon Musk is in. If Ford sells direct, it doesn't mean their prices are chiseled in stone. We are also in a unique time. Most times when you buy from a dealer you are paying below sticker price because you can negotiate. Try negotiating a lower price with Apple.
We may have to agree to disagree. Tesla customers have to agree to the price at time of order with those prices disclosed, and decide if they want to put in an order. Jim Farley, Ford’s CEO already said the days of having more than a few months of stock on the lot are done and they are moving to an order model. If Ford changed prices based on market forces, people can choose to place an order or not. Apple doesn’t negotiate prices but doesn’t raise them either because they fear backlash from their customers. And Apple puts the prior years phone on sale before a new launch. All of those operate under the normal laws of supply/demand and a free marketplace, except when dealers insert themselves into the transaction because States require it..

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wonder what the hybrids will go for since they are all sold out until 2023. I will sell mine for 20k over what I'm paying for it if anyone wants it when it comes in!!

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
Ford Maverick 40% Markup? B93C5430-CB22-4928-AEF1-B519E340B7E5

MavrickEcoBoost

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Sponsored

Thrillhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
We may have to agree to disagree. Tesla customers have to agree to the price at time of order with those prices disclosed, and decide if they want to put in an order. Jim Farley, Ford’s CEO already said the days of having more than a few months of stock on the lot are done and they are moving to an order model. If Ford changed prices based on market forces, people can choose to place an order or not. Apple doesn’t negotiate prices but doesn’t raise them either because they fear backlash from their customers. And Apple puts the prior years phone on sale before a new launch. All of those operate under the normal laws of supply/demand and a free marketplace, except when dealers insert themselves into the transaction because States require it..
So do people who order a new Ford through their dealer. You have to remember that this is one dealer. There are dealers on this very site selling Maverii 3-4% below MSRP. Without dealers, you cannot shop around and negotiate prices. Apple typically raises prices from year to year. If iPhones are in short supply and Apple runs out, they will definitely be marked up on the secondary market. There is also nothing stopping Apple from marking up their iPhone. Probably what is stopping them from marking up the iPhone is because they are also sold at Best Buy or other electronic retailers.

jwilson

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PENDING MAV XLT/Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There's a lot of angst with dealers marking these up, and I wouldn't go for it myself, but (a) supply & demand dictates pricing, and (b) MSRP is the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price, not a set number. I get it, no one wants to be ripped off, but the reason for these markups is that demand for a low supply item, and someone...somewhere...will pay it.

MattIngram

First Name
Deleteme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deleteme
So do people who order a new Ford through their dealer. You have to remember that this is one dealer. There are dealers on this very site selling Maverii 3-4% below MSRP. Without dealers, you cannot shop around and negotiate prices. Apple typically raises prices from year to year. If iPhones are in short supply and Apple runs out, they will definitely be marked up on the secondary market. There is also nothing stopping Apple from marking up their iPhone. Probably what is stopping them from marking up the iPhone is because they are also sold at Best Buy or other electronic retailers.
Not really savings though because the pricing you’re talking about is not out the door pricing. It’s really a shell game. Dealers may choose to recoup that money on the back end through inflated fees, less money for your trade-in, or lender rebates for higher interest rate loans. Even when the lots are full and you have incentives available, the dealership is going to try to get a cut of that on the back end. When a state says you can only buy a new vehicle from a dealership, that’s like saying you can only buy a new iPhone from Best Buy, or a franchised Best Buy but not Apple, Amazon, Walmart or your phone company

So your example of supply and demand does not apply here to new vehicles, rather the opposite it’s a monopsony, where one buyer or a group of buyers (dealers) completely control the market because they are the only ones that can purchase a new vehicle directly from the manufacturer. And that right is enshrined in law by state legislatures. We are starting to see true market transactions, actual law of supply and demand in the used car market because dealers cannot control Carvana. Of course it‘s ironic to hear dealers whine, when Carvana pays people more for their car based on the true laws of supply and demand.
Sponsored

Last edited: