Will May

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a 2023 Maverick hybrid with approximately 23,000 miles on it.
About six months ago I began to notice a slight vibration in the front right wheel when I accelerated while making a left-hand turn.
The vibration seems to be getting stronger and now it is occurring in both front wheels as I accelerate in a straight direction. As I reach the desired speed and stop accelerating the vibration seems to dampen out and stop vibrating. Has anyone else noticed something similar in their Maverick Hybrid?
Sponsored

bajesus8

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat Hybrid Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

i just started to notice this exact thing in mine, will notice it mostly getting up to highway speeds.
22k miles.
here is another thread on exact issue. we may have bad transverse mounts caused by cv axles failing
Mav shakes on acceleration | MaverickTruckClub - 2022+ Ford Maverick Pickup Forum, News, Owners, Discussions

2nd Update - Mounts replaced, tech found some "play" in axles and recommended replacing them as well, parts ordered but not ETA as they are backordered... they recommend not driving it as they think the vibration from the axles is what might have caused the mounts to fail as well so they provided with loaner car until axles will arrive.
all done under warranty.
will update.

Last edited:

MaveRichard

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

There are 3 different problems that have contributed to this from various users on this forum.

1. CV axle failure
2. Engine mount failure
3. Engine damper failure

Either way - many owners have experienced this shake/shimmy/vibration during high torque acceleration and this will require a visit to the dealer to further diagnose.

Good luck!

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

There are 3 different problems that have contributed to this from various users on this forum.

1. CV axle failure
2. Engine mount failure
3. Engine damper failure

Either way - many owners have experienced this shake/shimmy/vibration during high torque acceleration and this will require a visit to the dealer to further diagnose.

Good luck!
Additionally, it often appears sometime after around 20k-ish miles.

Scroll to the bottom of this thread to read other threads about the dreaded "shudder" issue.

bajesus8

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat Hybrid Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Called dealer after this post, got scheduled, said they have seen this issue a few times before, dropping it off tuesday.

I also have a front passenger side tire thats not holding air as well..drops 1psi/day or so..probably related

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
I have a 2023 Maverick hybrid with approximately 23,000 miles on it.
About six months ago I began to notice a slight vibration in the front right wheel when I accelerated while making a left-hand turn.
The vibration seems to be getting stronger and now it is occurring in both front wheels as I accelerate in a straight direction. As I reach the desired speed and stop accelerating the vibration seems to dampen out and stop vibrating. Has anyone else noticed something similar in their Maverick Hybrid?
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.  

Nalati

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Vibration in the front end while accelerating
I just had my 22 XLT hybrid in for that exact reason: 44,000 miles. I was told Tires, so I had a set put on. However, the Vibration was still there. It turned out to be the Right Front Axle. I had a one-day service: $1,000.00 for the tires and $00.00 for the Axle.
Nick in Arizona

OP
OP

Will May

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks Nick for the response. And thanks everyone who has responded to my post.

Will

OP
OP

Will May

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored
OP
OP

Will May

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is this the official Ford company message regarding my post about front end vibrations in my Ford maverick?

mikellmikell

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Colorado's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's someone that will have a different dealership call you. If it's Ford people they need fired. Some dealership showed in my driveway wanting to update my software. I told them to hit the road. I think they get a cut from certain dealerships.

bajesus8

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat Hybrid Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Got the repair done yesterday. Ended up just replacing the driver side CV axle and doing BCM recall, was $0 to me, issue resolved.
I already have an extended warranty up to 2029 or 60k miles so I'm covered if passenger side fails.

That tire issue of 1psi/day said just keep filling it since its not covered and these michelin primacy are only supposed to last 40k anyway. will probably pick up some michelin defender2's from costco $776 installed before tax

Mr Pibb

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobalt 09, 2024 Lariat on order.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got the repair done yesterday. Ended up just replacing the driver side CV axle and doing BCM recall, was $0 to me, issue resolved.
I already have an extended warranty up to 2029 or 60k miles so I'm covered if passenger side fails.

That tire issue of 1psi/day said just keep filling it since its not covered and these michelin primacy are only supposed to last 40k anyway. will probably pick up some michelin defender2's from costco $776 installed before tax
I'd probably get someone to redo the valve stem or remount the tire itself. Or check the cap for a ball bearing.

1974MavJR

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius until I get my Maverick! XLT Lariate
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey I just wanted to thank those who post on here. You saved me a lot of money. My 22 Hybrid Maverick with 20k miles began so shake. Took it to the dealership as I had some recalls to get completed as well. So they called me and said the shaking was caused by the tires as far as they could tell. Recommended new tires. I said , they only have 20k on them. They replied well they had slight "feathering". I said I would get back to them. Went straight to the forum and found my answer. Problem reported by many owners with the CV axles. Took some screen shots of others reports. Sent to my service mgr. He replied he would look into it further. Call later that afternoon. Yep, that seems to be the problem. On order and will be repaired under warranty. SO THANK YOU VERY MUCH POSTERS!!!
Sponsored