Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Times like that are another good reason I wear a wallet chain. If they park too close to my vehicle im sure not going to drag my hip against my vehicle to do what I need to do. Especially if they are over the line, I mean doesnt anybody care about the rules anymore?
Ford Maverick You know some people just wanna be a d**k overtheline-300x259
Sponsored

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wifey on the other side with the baby.
If you've never heard the term "blood side" it's the side away from the driver because in an accident a driver is most likely to react in a manner to try and protect themselves which means hanging your passengers out to dry.

RichardCranium

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XL 2.0 AWD 4K CP360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

If mars opens up, I will be heading there, so you know there will be at least one dick head there.
When someone parks like that next to me, I open my door and rest it on their car and then push against it. Not likely to damage my car, but puts a nice vertical line dent in theirs.

Sponsored

PNWMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hear me out!

Maybe, the guy was actually looking at your truck and had just pulled in moments before you came walking out. Then it just didn't register in their head they should move over with you getting in with the baby. As you said, he was on his phone texting at that point so there is a good chance you didn't register completely.

I have had this happen more than once. People like to look at our trucks, they are still pretty uncommon in some areas.

Edit:

I have owned classics my whole life. I can't tell you how many times I have had people completely block me in while fixating on my cars. I am in the driver seat trying to pull out of the spot and they are just eyes-glued to the car. I give a polite wave and it kicks in for them.

Edit 2:

The worst was one time I came out from a restaurant and a dude had his (little) kid in the driver's seat of my car while he was taking photos. No, I do not lock the doors on my classics because old locks are simply a suggestion. If someone wanted to steal the car, it was gone in moments. I never considered the need to keep kids out....

Last edited:

adsandiego

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 MAV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
it's not even that close. the rear door could probably swing open and remained open. some people just want to whine.

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They are everywhere! Bought a 7 ft long padded magnetic strip ($80) to attach to both sides of Porsche to the left to protect the doors when parked...Lasted 2-3 months and someone stole both protective side strips.

Last edited:
Sponsored

crgator

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I purposely parked in no man’s land so I wouldn’t be next to anyone. Plus I got a baby to put in the back seat on the passenger side. Came out and saw this dick face pulled up as I’m walking to my truck. Had to squeeze in to put the baby in the back seat while he was on the phone texting. I’m so done living with humans. Time to move to Mars.

IMG_1765.jpeg
To be honest, it looks to me like the Maverick is somewhat hogging the left line of his space, and the Ram's rear wheels are pretty centered in his space with just the front being too far to the left. It could just be the camera angle though.

Snox801

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150,Rs,gt500,rx8
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yep had this brand new raptor r parked way out very back of the lot. Came out and some shit box was 1.5’ off the drivers door?
That shits not funny. Why you gotta be a dick. Someone wants to park way out to protect the car then you inconvenience yourself just because

Donaldw

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester, insurance pmt. from stolen tacoma.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I doubt the other driver had anything to do with it. It was all the work of his truck, once it noticed the Maverick. Pretty much like the obese lady that can't get enough up close experience with the shapely one. Hoping that something will rub off. Not unusual for a RAM truck.

OP
OP
Maverick2023

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hear me out!

Maybe, the guy was actually looking at your truck and had just pulled in moments before you came walking out. Then it just didn't register in their head they should move over with you getting in with the baby. As you said, he was on his phone texting at that point so there is a good chance you didn't register completely.

I have had this happen more than once. People like to look at our trucks, they are still pretty uncommon in some areas.

Edit:

I have owned classics my whole life. I can't tell you how many times I have had people completely block me in while fixating on my cars. I am in the driver seat trying to pull out of the spot and they are just eyes-glued to the car. I give a polite wave and it kicks in for them.

Edit 2:

The worst was one time I came out from a restaurant and a dude had his (little) kid in the driver's seat of my car while he was taking photos. No, I do not lock the doors on my classics because old locks are simply a suggestion. If someone wanted to steal the car, it was gone in moments. I never considered the need to keep kids out....
To be honest, it looks to me like the Maverick is somewhat hogging the left line of his space, and the Ram's rear wheels are pretty centered in his space with just the front being too far to the left. It could just be the camera angle though.
Must be the iphone 15 i got. Next time I'll use a better camera just for you.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.