Sponsored

Went on a weeklong camping trip through the Ozark Mountains.

Rojo

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT, Alto Blue, AWD Eco-Boost, Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This thing is capable, I put over 700 miles on it this past week, went off road several times, climbed a steep hill, loaded with way more stuff than we needed (my wife that has never been camping wanted to bring everything), and best of all, my AWD Ecoboost got nearly 34mpg over the two different tanks of gas I used through the week.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rojo

Rojo

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Where are the pics?
Didn't take many, the wife and I were trying to stay away from technology for the week, I pretty much only used my phone for music and navigation around OK and AR. I know this is a boring post but I was mainly proud of how our little trucks do, getting a consistent 33MPG and putting more than everything we needed in the truck and having it all fit.

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm loving my Maverick Hybrid in these Ozark hills.
Where in the Ark. Ozarks did you go?

OP
OP
Rojo

Rojo

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm loving my Maverick Hybrid in these Ozark hills.
Where in the Ark. Ozarks did you go?
We went to Robbers Cave State Park in OK. We went to my families lake house on Grand Lake in OK, we also visited with my family for a few days in Siloam Springs and Fayetteville, and then Daisy State Park down near the Crater of Diamonds. Camped four of the seven days. We wanted to hit up Buffalo and Petit Jean but Buffalo being a national park, we didn't know if the government was going to shut down or not and then all state parks were fully booked around central Arkansas so we went to Daisy.

Part of the reason for the trip is that I lived in NWA for 8 years and moved away for a job five years ago, we now want to move back to the area so we were trying to see how much it's changed. I miss it a lot, my wife visited a lot when we were long distance early in our relationship and loves it there as well. We stayed with family in Siloam but drove around Gentry, Siloam, Fayetteville, Springdale, and Rogers. Didn't make it to Bentonville or Bella Vista this time as we didn't want to get stuck in traffic for two hours.

Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Didn't take many, the wife and I were trying to stay away from technology for the week, I pretty much only used my phone for music and navigation around OK and AR. I know this is a boring post but I was mainly proud of how our little trucks do, getting a consistent 33MPG and putting more than everything we needed in the truck and having it all fit.
There are many cameras that existed before thin flat brain sucking cell phones. Just saying. If you offroaded in a Maverick you used more technology doing that than any camera with a viewfinder has.

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

... Part of the reason for the trip is that I lived in NWA for 8 years and moved away for a job five years ago, we now want to move back to the area so we were trying to see how much it's changed...
Mainly, higher home prices - and more traffic, as you mentioned. I live on the "quiet" side of the lake, just East of the White River. I usually only go to the West side if I have to.

Never buy a Ford from the NWA stealerships. They are rip-offs, adding ADMs, unwanted accessories and warranties they often don't honor to MSRP.

TacoTanium

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wow, nearly 34 mpg is amazing! Especially with the AWD.

Mainly, higher home prices - and more traffic, as you mentioned. I live on the "quiet" side of the lake, just East of the White River. I usually only go to the West side if I have to.

Never buy a Ford from the NWA stealerships. They are rip-offs, adding ADMs, unwanted accessories and warranties they often don't honor to MSRP.
What is NWA?

Sponsored

Sphinn

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just did a trip down to and through the Ozarks myself, in the Ecoboost. I didn't get anywhere near 34 MPG though so how in the world did you manage that?? I think was doing about 27 in normal mode with barely any weight bar a couple of small suitcases. Would love to get 34 unless it means going real slow lol

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

There are many cameras that existed before thin flat brain sucking cell phones. Just saying. If you offroaded in a Maverick you used more technology doing that than any camera with a viewfinder has.
Yeah, but the use of the tech while you are driving the Maverick is passive..

I get what the OP is saying... Some of the most beautiful experiences I've ever had have no photos.... I wanted to be caught up in the moment and not distracted by tech. I have no photos of Whales, Dolphins, Sea Turtles, Wolf packs, Keas or Kiwis... too caught up in experiencing them.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This thing is capable, I put over 700 miles on it this past week, went off road several times, climbed a steep hill, loaded with way more stuff than we needed (my wife that has never been camping wanted to bring everything), and best of all, my AWD Ecoboost got nearly 34mpg over the two different tanks of gas I used through the week.
I love the Missouri Ozarks. Thinking of moving there- if you find some properties for sale let me know. As far as traction goes the gravel there is pretty good, just watch out for those gravel bars left over from a flood. They're loose and can be trouble.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rojo

Rojo

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just did a trip down to and through the Ozarks myself, in the Ecoboost. I didn't get anywhere near 34 MPG though so how in the world did you manage that?? I think was doing about 27 in normal mode with barely any weight bar a couple of small suitcases. Would love to get 34 unless it means going real slow lol
I went the speed limit most of the time, kept it in Eco most of the time. Slippery when I was going up and down big hills to lock it into AWD to reduce strain. Its not like I didn't speed, there is about a 60 mile stretch of highway that is essentially abandoned and everyone goes 80 through there. The only other things I can think of are I always use premium gas, have a bed cover, and keep my tires at about 38 psi.

Edit: The weather was nice so a lot of the trip I had the air conditioning off about half the time and just used the fan, maybe that was the difference maker.
Sponsored