vRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
Undecided
Wow, what a horrible dealership.

It sucks when you know that your vehicle was in perfect condition before dropping it off for service and then you find the damage when you pick it up.

It's just down to careless technicians who don't get paid enough to care. The warranty pay is not great for some jobs so the techs will rush it to get it done asap and move on to another job that pays more or where the customer is paying for the work.

Unless stuff like this does not bother you, always take photos and videos of your vehicle when taking it in for any type of service work. You should also have the service advisor do a walk around with you when you drop off the vehicle to verify and note any existing damage.
Sponsored

OP
OP

aptget

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sadly I wish I had never had this recall done. I knew better but I went ahead and had it done. Of course multiple broken pieces and a hole in my headliner from a slipped screwdriver. Now I have to hold my breath while it’s disassembled to install new headliner. Word is the front seats and center console have to be removed.
Agreed, I thought photos would at least protect me and turned out to be a bad assumption. Hopefully, I learned my lesson.

MaveLick

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM REBEL (Soon to be Maverick)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Agreed, I thought photos would at least protect me and turned out to be a bad assumption. Hopefully, I learned my lesson.
The quality of work is not that good anymore. I would tell the dealership that I would post before and after photos on Google reviews. I would tell them that photos have time stamp and geotagging to back up the fact. I would tell them that there would probably be more customers taking photo at the service department before dropping of the keys and the dealership.

OP
OP

aptget

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The quality of work is not that good anymore. I would tell the dealership that I would post before and after photos on Google reviews. I would tell them that photos have time stamp and geotagging to back up the fact. I would tell them that there would probably be more customers taking photo at the service department before dropping of the keys and the dealership.
Yea I'm hoping the GM of the dealership is more understanding than their service manager, but I have little hope. When the service manager started questioning me about the photos, I mentioned they are time stamped and I'm happy to show him. His exact words "I'm happy to look at the photos, but the light and angles can manipulate objects in the pictures. There is no way we caused that damage." My guy, it wasn't there and is now there...I hate to tell you, but it happened while the the car was in your care so something happened. I have a feeling I will lose this battle. When talking to corporate, they suggested filing a police report and getting a lawyer involved since I had pictures.

Cad

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Squeaky wheel gets the grease. Move up to the operations manager and go up from there. I had to do that with the ford dealership when the service advisor lied about a part being back ordered and wouldn’t schedule, then I moved on to the service manager who backed up the advisor and said they didn’t have the part and it was back ordered. They didn’t know that I contacted the parts department and the parts manager verified they had 10 in stock.

Went on the dealership website and they had a chat/text box. Texted them my info and that I needed the dealership owners phone number. 5 min later the svc advisor called me and then 5 min after that the svc manager called repeated the same back order stuff.

20 min later I got a call from the operations manager and she started off with, I’m sorry, then proceeded to tell me that she saw the text. She contacted the parts manager on her own and confirmed that 10 of the parts were in stock, scheduled my truck and asked if there was anything she could do to make it right. So, I’m getting the cruise control buttons for the steering wheel to add cruise on my xl. Said without directly says the svc manager is getting a week timeout from work.

never give up, especially in a small town where word of mouth is everything.

Sponsored

vRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
Undecided
Yea I'm hoping the GM of the dealership is more understanding than their service manager, but I have little hope. When the service manager started questioning me about the photos, I mentioned they are time stamped and I'm happy to show him. His exact words "I'm happy to look at the photos, but the light and angles can manipulate objects in the pictures. There is no way we caused that damage." My guy, it wasn't there and is now there...I hate to tell you, but it happened while the the car was in your care so something happened. I have a feeling I will lose this battle. When talking to corporate, they suggested filing a police report and getting a lawyer involved since I had pictures.
If you haven't already send an email to the dealership principal and the general manager. Explain the situation and let them know that you have photos from before and after the repair. Let them know that they already tried to have a detailing company buff it out, but it's still not acceptable.

Even though they might not respond to your directly, the management hate to get complaints. Behind the scenes they will ask the service manager to take care of it. At the end of the day they don't want bad publicity and bad reviews.

If they are not willing to replace the dashboard trim then there are companies out there that can repair things like this. They can do a real good job where you wouldn't be able to tell that it was repaired. Either have them find someone that can fix it or see if you can find a company yourself and get them to pay for it.

At the end of the day if they are shady they don't need to do anything, but getting it repaired would still be better than nothing.

MaveLick

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM REBEL (Soon to be Maverick)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yea I'm hoping the GM of the dealership is more understanding than their service manager, but I have little hope. When the service manager started questioning me about the photos, I mentioned they are time stamped and I'm happy to show him.
I had to deal with a GM once. He listened to the facts and made things rights. I had to deal with staffs and other managers but I got tired of them so I made an appointment with GM. I told him that I preferred to talk with him first since I found his email from google reviews. No need to contact the owner. If I were a GM, I would want to solve the issue without having owner involvement. Good luck!

OP
OP

aptget

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks all. Damage is definitely not as bad as other users, so not the end of the world. One of those things where you just want the at fault party to take responsibility. I was told the GM will call me this week, so fingers crossed.

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Only one way to find out whodunnit... Dust it for fingerprints

Ford Maverick Vehicle Damage From Airbag Warranty tumblr_nvn7jbeQua1rob81ao5_r1_250

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 Ranger, ‘22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i doubt corporate will do anything But a Google review should get some results. I ended up with a new headliner, dash, glove box, door trim and pillar pieces after I answered their survey and posted my Google review. Good luck🤞🏻
Was that a dealership survey or a Ford survey. And when did you get your truck.

Sponsored

Ponchsox

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sadly I wish I had never had this recall done. I knew better but I went ahead and had it done. Of course multiple broken pieces and a hole in my headliner from a slipped screwdriver. Now I have to hold my breath while it’s disassembled to install new headliner. Word is the front seats and center console have to be removed.
Can you take it to another Ford dealer?

Ponchsox

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow, what a horrible dealership.

It sucks when you know that your vehicle was in perfect condition before dropping it off for service and then you find the damage when you pick it up.

It's just down to careless technicians who don't get paid enough to care. The warranty pay is not great for some jobs so the techs will rush it to get it done asap and move on to another job that pays more or where the customer is paying for the work.

Unless stuff like this does not bother you, always take photos and videos of your vehicle when taking it in for any type of service work. You should also have the service advisor do a walk around with you when you drop off the vehicle to verify and note any existing damage.
They usually do this on the exterior, not the interior.

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Was that a dealership survey or a Ford survey. And when did you get your truck.
It was the dealer survey. I bought my truck 2/22 when someone turned down delivery.

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They usually do this on the exterior, not the interior.
You can ask for an interior check also, just like they do when you get a loaner.

ShadowBlack XL440

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Only one way to find out whodunnit... Dust it for fingerprints

tumblr_nvn7jbeQua1rob81ao5_r1_250.gif
Oh, I have some prints that could be tested. I too wish I had not had the airbag recall performed.
The tech must have been proud enough of this work to have wanted to personally sign it with his finger prints. Not impressed.

Ford Maverick Vehicle Damage From Airbag Warranty 1690817919554

Ford Maverick Vehicle Damage From Airbag Warranty 1690817945366

Ford Maverick Vehicle Damage From Airbag Warranty 1690817975050
Sponsored

Last edited: