First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I get in the truck and start driving back to work and I turn on the radio <click>
BOOM BADDA BOOM BOOM
I felt like I was in one of those rust heaps you see that has subwoofers (worth more than the car) in the trunk that cause them to leave a trail of rust down the road.
Turn the radio off and on, same issue.
Put bass to 0 and it is still outrageous, there is treble and mid at their normal levels.
Turned off the radio and the truck which sat for a few hours before heading home.
Turned the truck on, gingerly pressed the power button on the radio while cringing in anticipation and it comes on playing normally.
Whew.... that was a close one
Sponsored

Superg0

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 XLT FX4 Azure Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes, this has happened to me several times. I will get into my Mav and the radio is almost uncomfortably loud. When the volume is on a 5 or 6 its like the Mav thinks it 18-19. I have tried stopping the truck, turning everything off, and restarting and its still there. One time I actually touched my touchscreen and it went from low volume to full volume. Sometimes I can reset the volume by turning the radio on and off, but sometimes it does not work.

Superg0

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 XLT FX4 Azure Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Happened again this morning. Could not get it to go back to normal. Went into store, 15 minutes later turned on radio back to normal. @Nosrepmodnar is your radio factory or modified?

OP
OP

Nosrepmodnar

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
the factory sync3.
it is a horrible radio system :D

Superg0

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 XLT FX4 Azure Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Cant believe that we are the only two who have this issue.
Sponsored