First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There is a nice phone holder built into the tray under the dash. However, the USB power ports are above the tray. It would be nice to be able to have a USB cable come up from the bottom, so the phone could sit in the tilted slot and be charged from below rather than have the phone upside down with a power cable dangling down from above. (My preferred phone case does not allow for use of the wireless charging pad.) Is there a power supply under the tray that I could tap into? (I see a couple of possible pop-outs, but I hesitate to just experiment. I thought I'd ask here first.)

Ford Maverick Underdash tray power USB Power
Sponsored

TN_Oldman

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You could do like some have done and get 12V from the fuse panel in the floor board. Run that to a 12V USB adapter and plug your charging cord into that and run it up through your new hole your gonna make.

SLH13

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Allegra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick (on order)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

There is a nice phone holder built into the tray under the dash. However, the USB power ports are above the tray. It would be nice to be able to have a USB cable come up from the bottom, so the phone could sit in the tilted slot and be charged from below rather than have the phone upside down with a power cable dangling down from above. (My preferred phone case does not allow for use of the wireless charging pad.) Is there a power supply under the tray that I could tap into? (I see a couple of possible pop-outs, but I hesitate to just experiment. I thought I'd ask here first.)

USB Power.jpg
My phone auto rotates to how my phone is held. So I put it in upside down with the power port on top. A few apps won't rotate but most do, including google maps. See if your phone has the same setting?
I agree it would make sense to have a power port where the phone holder is, but this might be a quick fix in the meantime?

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My phone auto rotates to how my phone is held. So I put it in upside down with the power port on top. A few apps won't rotate but most do, including google maps. See if your phone has the same setting?
I agree it would make sense to have a power port where the phone holder is, but this might be a quick fix in the meantime?
I just lay my phone in the tray and let it charge with the built in cordless charger.

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does your phone get hot when charging?
I don't charge mine much that way but it does warm up some. Generally only put it there when it's low and am in and out of truck usually in 15-30 minutes trips. I think I'll check what is to be expected.
Phones will get warmer if you have a protective case as it lowers heat dissipation. The coil in your phone can heat up up while it in the induction field so only lay phone on wireless charger when needed.
Found this:
  1. Keep your phone's battery between 20% and 80%.
  2. Don't let the battery drop to zero frequently.
  3. Avoid keeping the phone plugged in when the battery's full.
  4. Invest in good-quality charging pads, cables, and bricks.
  5. If charging wirelessly, don't keep your phone on the pad at all times
  6. Try to minimize fast charging use.

Last edited: