Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered the soft fold from Ford for $560 on my build. I wish I would have waited and got this one.
You will be happier with the one you ordered. The soft cover I ordered is really 1" too short requiring the use of an additional seal provided with the cover.
Sponsored

Mavforever

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I got the Truxedo aftermarket and self installed it. It’s nice and time will tell how it holds up. I did have to start over on the install as the first time I tried to install somehow it came up several inches short leaving a gap between the tailgate and the end of the cover…It all was installed fine in the end.

Ford Maverick Truxedo Soft Rollup Tonneau Bed Cover installed on Maverick 9C11879A-293C-421B-AF43-8A0A11760064

Ford Maverick Truxedo Soft Rollup Tonneau Bed Cover installed on Maverick 08E9E27C-F39C-4C01-9992-3B73A11A7A6C

AnthonyMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just installed the ford branded version, as well. It’s an inch too short, but I got it centered so it covers the bulkhead about 1/2” and the tailgate a 1/2”. That should be fine, but I’ll see see what happens when it rains.
Question, mine doesn’t look like I can adjust the tension nut. It’s in a housing that isn’t big enough for a socket. No thumb spinner adjustment on mine either. Do these come pre-set with ability to adjust?

Ford Maverick Truxedo Soft Rollup Tonneau Bed Cover installed on Maverick 6EE552D8-CBC6-4B7D-B8E7-428B4AA5240E

leap3535

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is this one waterproof? I would like to get a cover that won't soak my groceries if I throw them in the trunk and it's raining out

Ferroplasm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback Onyx XT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd like to hear user reports on how watertight the TruXedo is, as well. Also, can it be rolled up from a single side, when standing on the outside of the truck? Or do you need to be in the bed and roll it from the center of the cover?

Sponsored

AnthonyMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd like to hear user reports on how watertight the TruXedo is, as well. Also, can it be rolled up from a single side, when standing on the outside of the truck? Or do you need to be in the bed and roll it from the center of the cover?
You can roll it up from one side easily. Pop both latches from the back and roll from the side.

So far mine is about 95% watertight. Water gets in from the tailgate gaps and slightly drips from the bulkhead because of two small channels in the plastic trim on the sides of the bed.

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just installed the ford branded version, as well. It’s an inch too short, but I got it centered so it covers the bulkhead about 1/2” and the tailgate a 1/2”. That should be fine, but I’ll see see what happens when it rains.
Question, mine doesn’t look like I can adjust the tension nut. It’s in a housing that isn’t big enough for a socket. No thumb spinner adjustment on mine either. Do these come pre-set with ability to adjust?

6EE552D8-CBC6-4B7D-B8E7-428B4AA5240E.jpeg
I had the same problem with mine and when I did the Ford survey, I noted the poor fitment issue...probably to no avail.

But, the top looks good on your beautiful carbonized gray Maverick. It's a well balanced look.

Redbird22

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Shadow Black xlt hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You will be happier with the one you ordered. The soft cover I ordered is really 1" too short requiring the use of an additional seal provided with the cover.
I was gonna ask if you put another strip on tailgate also ? I had one on bulkhead, but still getting air under cover while driving ? Flaps slightly !

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I will be going with the pro x15 version!

Redbird22

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Shadow Black xlt hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
$369 Truxedo Soft Rollup Tonneau Bed Cover installed on the Ford Maverick.

According to the owner: While it's rolled out it stays locked unless you unlock the truck, and lower the tailgate to press the release tabs.

2022 Ford Maverick Truxedo Soft Rollup Tonneau Bed Cover installed on Maverick 8.jpg

2022 Ford Maverick Truxedo Soft Rollup Tonneau Bed Cover installed on Maverick 9.jpg

2022 Ford Maverick Truxedo Soft Rollup Tonneau Bed Cover installed on Maverick 7.jpg

2022 Ford Maverick Truxedo Soft Rollup Tonneau Bed Cover installed on Maverick 6.jpg

2022 Ford Maverick Truxedo Soft Rollup Tonneau Bed Cover installed on Maverick 3.jpg

2022 Ford Maverick Truxedo Soft Rollup Tonneau Bed Cover installed on Maverick 4.jpg

2022 Ford Maverick Truxedo Soft Rollup Tonneau Bed Cover installed on Maverick 5.jpg

2022 Ford Maverick Truxedo Soft Rollup Tonneau Bed Cover installed on Maverick 1.jpg

2022 Ford Maverick Truxedo Soft Rollup Tonneau Bed Cover installed on Maverick 2.jpg
Was wondering ? Did you use the roll foam adhesive at the bulkhead? I hear some people say use and others say that it makes a gap on tailgate end ?

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was gonna ask if you put another strip on tailgate also ? I had one on bulkhead, but still getting air under cover while driving ? Flaps slightly !
Not yet, but I plan on it.
Sponsored