Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Well as a hotrodder, I can tell you any motor with less than 300 cubic inches of displacement sounds like a sewing machine to me. 4 bangers are the worst. But this is the modern era and you get what you get, atleast they make power.

My only real suggestion and this is the only real correct one is to check your radio dial. For one if your listening to a podcast, just cut that out right now:ROFLMAO:. But if you have the radio tuned in to some easy listening or something your gonna want to roll that over to something that has a lil more kick. Like AC/DC, Iron Maiden, BOC even 90s stuff like Soul Asylum, The Pixies, or Offspring will take care of any engine noises that 2.0 is capable of making. That should fix your ride up just fine.
Or, get rid of the muffler.
Sponsored

EIlig

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor/'69 Porsche 911E/'15Porsche Cayman
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's probably my hearing, It's starting to go...🙂
Interesting, I have the Ford engine cover and I noticed zero difference with or without it.........

Jelvismc

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just finished up under the hood added the struts, engine cover and badge….it looks finished now, without the engine cover it looked like a room without trim. I know it may or may not cut down engine noise but the engine compartment looks finished.

Ford Maverick Tremor sewing machine sound. Any fixes? 966CE279-F067-4833-BE27-60B375BEE2EE

Ford Maverick Tremor sewing machine sound. Any fixes? 2BBBFD90-7494-4E2C-A11E-AEBCCFB390F1

Maverickent

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Well as a hotrodder, I can tell you any motor with less than 300 cubic inches of displacement sounds like a sewing machine to me. 4 bangers are the worst. But this is the modern era and you get what you get, atleast they make power.

My only real suggestion and this is the only real correct one is to check your radio dial. For one if your listening to a podcast, just cut that out right now:ROFLMAO:. But if you have the radio tuned in to some easy listening or something your gonna want to roll that over to something that has a lil more kick. Like AC/DC, Iron Maiden, BOC even 90s stuff like Soul Asylum, The Pixies, or Offspring will take care of any engine noises that 2.0 is capable of making. That should fix your ride up just fine.
If you take that advice, you may as well go all the way and break out the Slayer! 😈

Maverickent

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I think I know what you're talking about. It's sort of a tap-tap sound? I can't hear it from inside the cab with windows up.

Sponsored

TCPTX65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL Hybrid, 2023 Buick Enclave
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

SewingGuy

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 5150
Engine
Undecided

Dslaughterbeck

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My last vehicle had the same engine in it, was a focus ST and it sounds exactly like one in the maverick. It's just the way they sound, need a v6 or v8 to get rid of it
Sponsored