First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Has anyone added Sync 3 Navigation to their Maverick? I have a Lariat Lux inbound and would like to add it if possible but don’t want to spend the $1200 I’m seeing from Infotainment. Has anyone successfully added navigation and if you have would you post what parts you purchased and where from?
Sponsored

AngeloInSC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Has anyone added Sync 3 Navigation to their Maverick? I have a Lariat Lux inbound and would like to add it if possible but don’t want to spend the $1200 I’m seeing from Infotainment. Has anyone successfully added navigation and if you have would you post what parts you purchased and where from?
I have it but have so far only used Apple CarPlay navigation. That's all I need.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lariat Lux doesn't have navigation? I didn't know that. Don't need it with CarPlay, but figured it was included.

OP
OP

BigT

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It does not. I’d rather have navigation built in than use my phone.

Phoenixxlx

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Focus ST
I didn't think adding navigation was possible. If it is I prefer it. I can't tell you how many times I've relied on my cars navigation because my phone looses service in remote areas especially nearing Michigan's UP.

Sponsored

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Devils advocate: Why? You can download google maps to your phone in your area if you have bad reception/no reception. Data is cheap, and it's always updated, with traffic. These features you have to pay for / paid updates for the truck itself.

Even in my Audi - it has built in Nav, but I always use my phone. Brings in your calendar, events, suggests places to go based on previous use. It's just better IMO.

However - it would be cool to see a forscan navigation programming / module installlation etc.

OP
OP

BigT

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Why? Because I’m curious about adding it. No other reason. If the only option is $1200 I obviously won’t.

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Last edited:

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My plan was to either a) use the dash cubby as a mounting point and get a dedicated GPS or b) mount a small android tablet to run google maps and use my phone as a wifi hotspot.

Depends on how much of a pain in the ass it is to use android auto with the vehicle but sync 3 isn't included with an XLT anyway. No idea what it can actually do.

Phoenixxlx

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Focus ST
My plan was to either a) use the dash cubby as a mounting point and get a dedicated GPS or b) mount a small android tablet to run google maps and use my phone as a wifi hotspot.

Depends on how much of a pain in the ass it is to use android auto with the vehicle but sync 3 isn't included with an XLT anyway. No idea what it can actually do.
Might be able to get a small Garmin that would fit directly into the cubby and have someone 3D print a holder and bingo bango perfection

Sponsored

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Might be able to get a small Garmin that would fit directly into the cubby and have someone 3D print a holder and bingo bango perfection
There are phone holders that suction cup to your windshield. I think the cubby is big enough to mount one.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm the opposite as I would rather have free navigation software with continuously updated maps and features that cost zero dollars than paying a high cost outright for fixed software built-in that has maps always out-of-date while lacking features and costs hundreds of $$$ to update to the latest obsolete map.

You do realize that the map/navigation shows on the 8" screen (Apple CarPlay/Android Auto) and uses voice commands. Using my Android phone with Android Auto for navigation is the best experience I have had for navigation.

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Screenside cubby ought to hold a AAA TripTik.

:D
I remember, when I was growing up in the 60-70's, my parents using the AAA TripTik.

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm the opposite as I would rather have free navigation software with continuously updated maps and features that cost zero dollars than paying a high cost outright for fixed software built-in that has maps always out-of-date while lacking features and costs hundreds of $$$ to update to the latest obsolete map.

You do realize that the map/navigation shows on the 8" screen (Apple CarPlay/Android Auto) and uses voice commands. Using my Android phone with Android Auto for navigation is the best experience I have had for navigation.
Preach. With the ability to download offline maps with google maps, I truly cannot think of a single advantage of an in-car navigation system
Sponsored