klutch14u

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav on order
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is there a way through the steering wheel audio/menu control to change audio sources? The only way I've found is through the touch screen while in the audio section. I almost always have AA/maps up on the screen and to change the audio source to something else, I have to exit entirely from AA (which takes a few screen pushes) to get to the audio section on the screen, then switch to what I want and then back to AA.

I've never owned a modern vehicle I couldn't switch audio sources from the steering wheel controls/menus. Am I just not looking in the right place?
Sponsored

Raymundo76

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Is there a way through the steering wheel audio/menu control to change audio sources? The only way I've found is through the touch screen while in the audio section. I almost always have AA/maps up on the screen and to change the audio source to something else, I have to exit entirely from AA (which takes a few screen pushes) to get to the audio section on the screen, then switch to what I want and then back to AA.

I've never owned a modern vehicle I couldn't switch audio sources from the steering wheel controls/menus. Am I just not looking in the right place?
I have a Lariat, I am an old fart, and the screen I use is a split screen, 1/2 NAV and 1/2 audio. so when I want to switch audio sources I use the touch screen. Not a problem for me.

Toddman45

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT, Ford explorer Platinum, Chevy E
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sadly no...

I agree every vehicle I've owned since 2000 that has had steering wheel controls has had also a way to switch the source on the radio, except for the Maverick.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@klutch14u

I can't speak for the smaller info screen, but on the Lariat/FX4/Tremor press the steering wheel Menu button, scroll the Audio option on the info screen, and you can pick between audio source there.

Also you can get to the audio screen out of AA/Carplay faster by pressing the speaker button near the volume knob. It'll take you to the audio settings in the Ford interface then you can select the audio icon at the bottom.

redskins5

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford F150 Hybrid, 2022 mavrick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Use your voice commands to switch between Audio sources.

Sponsored

Superg0

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 XLT FX4 Azure Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone get random volume spikes, where you get in your vehicle and its louder than it should be, then hit on/off and it goes back to normal. I once touched my screen and the volume went immediately to almost full levels?

found a thread about this

Last edited:
OP
OP

klutch14u

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav on order
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@klutch14u

I can't speak for the smaller info screen, but on the Lariat/FX4/Tremor press the steering wheel Menu button, scroll the Audio option on the info screen, and you can pick between audio source there.

Also you can get to the audio screen out of AA/Carplay faster by pressing the speaker button near the volume knob. It'll take you to the audio settings in the Ford interface then you can select the audio icon at the bottom.
Thanks, I have the XL and there is an audio section in the DIC but the submenu doesn't give source as an option, this would be the most logical place for it in my head.

I'll look for this button once I'm back in my truck, this might be the silver bullet I'm looking for. Thanks

OP
OP

klutch14u

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav on order
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a Lariat, I am an old fart, and the screen I use is a split screen, 1/2 NAV and 1/2 audio. so when I want to switch audio sources I use the touch screen. Not a problem for me.
When you say 'NAV', are you talking about factory NAV or AA/CapPlay maps? AA does split screen but it's maps/phone audio.

Raymundo76

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

When you say 'NAV', are you talking about factory NAV or AA/CapPlay maps? AA does split screen but it's maps/phone audio.
Factory NAV. I have been a Garmin "man" for as long as I can remember, but the factory NAV is almost as good; and is better than any other factory Nav I have ever used. I did not install my phone on the screen because I do not use my phone in my Mav. Sorry old school.
Sponsored