First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Mercury Sable, 05 Ford Escape, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I pull a 1500pnd Flagstaff Pop Up Tent Trailer with my Hybrid and it tows it great. Still get around 28-30mpg on the highway at 60+mph with some freeway at 70mph, even up a pass or two. I do not have any brakes on mine but it brakes good and I have no problem slowing down, just have to remember to start slowing down sooner than what I am used to without the trailer.
Sponsored

RichardCranium

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XL 2.0 AWD 4K CP360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Heck, you forgot to ask him for his 💳 number! Lol
Who needs that when I can just open my own in his name? Thanks OP, you just bought me a Maverick and travel trailer.
all jokes aside, glad you had a good experience. We are headed to Yellowstone next month if I can only get some brake shoes that fit.

Gonzo chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti g35 coupe, VW Golf
Engine
Undecided
Looks nice, enjoy. Was just talking to a new hybrid owner about a half hour ago at a local park while he was having his lunch.... He's only got about a thousand miles on it, but so far he loves it. There were actually two of them parked right next to each other

The Real Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The trailer is 1600 lbs forest creek called rockwood , average gas is 25
It tows like it isn’t even there
I've pulled double that.
You know it's there.
But it does fine.

100 km/h or 62 mi/h = 20 MPG

Sure beats having an F-150 just for camping since MY truck commutes at about 52 MPG!

Sponsored

tom_tucker

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Definitely need to see the weigh station receipt, both pre and post trailer hookup. :geek:

There aren't many OW XLT Lux hybrids with the matching mirrors. Doppelganger!

RanCheeto

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volt, Audi TT, 59 Corvette, 30 Model A, etc...
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We have had a similar (wonderful) experience with our Hybrid Mav as well. Towing a loaded (1000lb) Aliner 5,000 of our 11,000 miles and get just shy of 30mpg. Once got 35 at 80mpg, mixed in with semi trucks and a strong tailwind.

Only downside is, lane keeping on cruise control SUCKS while towing. It will correct just slow enough to cause trailer sway in a hurry.

I would be interested to hear about hybrid towing experiences with a non “pop” up trailer. Something like the Rove Lite from TLRV?

The Real Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We have had a similar (wonderful) experience with our Hybrid Mav as well. Towing a loaded (1000lb) Aliner 5,000 of our 11,000 miles and get just shy of 30mpg. Once got 35 at 80mpg, mixed in with semi trucks and a strong tailwind.

Only downside is, lane keeping on cruise control SUCKS while towing. It will correct just slow enough to cause trailer sway in a hurry.

I would be interested to hear about hybrid towing experiences with a non “pop” up trailer. Something like the Rove Lite from TLRV?
I have towed one of these 6,000 miles.
Very easy and comfortable pull.
Does great at 65 mph and under.
Since it makes a good drag chute, faster isn't really possible. But I'm ok with it.

I have a 7 pin socket and brake controller. Only other mod was air bags inside the rear springs to limit squat and bounce.

STILL anyone towing ANYTHING AT NIGHT you MUST MUST MUST adjust your headlamps down. It is fast and easy. One Phillips head screw to turn. Thats it. So DO IT. (Please)

Can't feel the trailer when driving.
Of course acceleration is slower.

Truck won't be able to stay in the left lane on hills, but can pass semi's on hills with this trailer.

Trailer is rated for 3500 pounds.
1200 pounds empty.
Bare walls inside.
Toy hauler.

Ford Maverick Pulling trailer across US @ 25 MPG with Hybrid Maverick. Truck is fabulous IMG_0913

Last edited:
Sponsored

BlueOval1954

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We will also be sending you a fecal sample kit. Keep it in the fridge until the day you send it back in.
I bought my Mav through Granger also. 3K off MSRP and no messing around.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I bought my Mav through Granger also. 3K off MSRP and no messing around.
It was well worth the drive from Maui! We basically got free shipping and a free vacation for the price of lodging for 2 weeks. So much fun. Granger picked us up at the airport at like 9am or so and we were driving our new truck in less than 2 hours after we stepped into their van.
Sponsored