First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Doing the cheap panda bpv delete @panda, when I remove the tube does the cap go on the intake end? Haven't went out to do it yet but I'm doing a cai at the same time, any tips on the bpv delete thing would be appreciated, it's just to hold me over till I get a real bov. @Mitch Panda Motorworks @Caleb@PandaMotorworks
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Helloimnormal

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2002 tahoe
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Doing the cheap panda bpv delete @panda, when I remove the tube does the cap go on the intake end? Haven't went out to do it yet but I'm doing a cai at the same time, any tips on the bpv delete thing would be appreciated, it's just to hold me over till I get a real bov. @Mitch Panda Motorworks @Caleb@PandaMotorworks
Intake side gets capped. Hose should just be open.

georgeb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is a small PIA to bigger PIA depending on how accessible your BPV clamps are.

I got lucky and mine were both facing up.

Instructions:

1. The left side clamp (passenger side/attaches hose to intake tube) - grab it with some man pliers and move it all the way to the right side of the hose as far as it will go toward the BPV - making sure to keep the clamp ends orientaled correctly so you can grab them later.
2. Take a large flathead screwdriver and pry it under the hose. Do this to break the hose loose on the front/back/top of the left connector. Then pry the hose/stretch the hose with the screw driver wedged in. Use some common sense. I wedge it straight in - then tilt it upward - while nudging the hose toward the right. The hose can stretch quite a bit.
3. Eventually it will flex in the middle and you can work it the rest of the way off the left side.
4. none of this is easy.
5. Grab both clamps and move them to the left side or off the hose completely.
6. Work the hose by hand the rest of the way off the BPV.

If your clamps are facing downward - gonna be more invatsive.

Review coming tomorrow maybe.

georgeb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Review: it works. its loud. its ricey.

I would say its a novelty mod - and thankfully reversible if you get tired of it.
Sponsored