First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Terrain Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello, nice looking Maverick. I have a 2023 XLT. Could you please provide me with some more info about the Home link Mirror? Is it easy to wire up? Do you have to have a certain package installed in your truck? Also what year is the Ranger Tailgate handle fit and does it have a separate key? Thanks for the help
My wife got me my a new home link mirror but I did get a nice used one one eBay (now for sale here). I followed the info I found on here. I tapped into the dome light power. Not a bad job. Maybe a hour.

Paint to match handle: the lock assembly is bolted on as seen in pics. Just remove from old and install on the new. So the same key works as you’re just moving the lock over. But if you have a XLT your door handles aren’t painted to match. But you still may want the tailgate to match. Or even do the doors too. Not sure what’s involved in that but imagine easily done too.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nutty 5.0

Nutty 5.0

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Terrain Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Having been heavy into Fox bodies, and was in a few magazine features, it’s been my forum handle for a long time.

Lane

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lane
Threads
Reaction score
Website
photos.app.goo.gl
Vehicle(s)
2023 Area 51 Hybrid XL, 2006 VW Jetta Smyth UTE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Amazon bed extender and tailgate damper were done a few days later after picking it up.
IMG_2068.jpeg
If you'd like to re-add a tie-down bracket on that side that clears the assist strut, I've made a few and have them for sale here.

Ford Maverick Nutty 5.0's Terrain Maverick Lariat FX4 4K mild daily driver build image1-jpg-

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Take off the black tailgate handle and put on a painted-to-match one. Then cover the “painted-to-match” tailgate letters with black ones. :unsure:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Nutty 5.0

Nutty 5.0

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Terrain Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I like the contrast. To each their own!

Boosted

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
BoostedMaverick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick EcoBoosted Tremor w/Terrain
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sharing my 24 Terrain Lariat Ecoboost with FX4 and 4k tow packages. It was built in April of 2024.
Here it is right off the trailer.
IMG_1994.jpeg
IMG_1993.jpeg
IMG_1981.jpeg
IMG_1978.jpeg

[/QUOTE

At first I thought someone finally stuffed a 5.0L Coyote engine in one of these. Beautiful color btw

Mdmac

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My wife got me my a new home link mirror but I did get a nice used one one eBay (now for sale here). I followed the info I found on here. I tapped into the dome light power. Not a bad job. Maybe a hour.

Paint to match handle: the lock assembly is bolted on as seen in pics. Just remove from old and install on the new. So the same key works as you’re just moving the lock over. But if you have a XLT your door handles aren’t painted to match. But you still may want the tailgate to match. Or even do the doors too. Not sure what’s involved in that but imagine easily done too.
Hello,
How much for the Homelink Mirror and is it easy to install/ wire up? What all does it do except? What year Ranger is the Tailgate Handle from?
Thanks and nice Maverick

OP
OP
Nutty 5.0

Nutty 5.0

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Terrain Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sponsored
OP
OP
Nutty 5.0

Nutty 5.0

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Terrain Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How much are you asking? Thanks
$45 shipped to US.

Tailgate handle would be for a 2019-2023 Ranger lariat. I shipped for 2020 Lariat Ranger as that’s what wife has.

Oscarcat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Lariat, Lexus NX 300, PT Cruiser 5 spd. C172P
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sharing my 24 Terrain Lariat Ecoboost with FX4 and 4k tow packages. It was built in April of 2024.
Here it is right off the trailer.
IMG_1994.jpeg
IMG_1993.jpeg
IMG_1981.jpeg
IMG_1978.jpeg
Wow, that is a comprehensive list. What I did not see are two of my personal favorites:

1. Black surround bezel for the audio knobs. [Search on Amazon]The black surround mates the controls to the black console below.

2. Side emblem marker and turn signal lights. I judge the replacement kit Mabett offers to be gimmicky. I purchased the GadCAD 3D printed lenses on etsy and made up my own wiring etc. No need to remove the emblem. I used a 3/4"paddle bit to drill the hole for the 2 way LED light.

Are you tempted? :)

OP
OP
Nutty 5.0

Nutty 5.0

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Terrain Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I do like both of them but not a fan for my own. If that makes sense.

After the fog lights are installed, I’m happy with how it is. Well I hate Pirelli Scorpions but I’ll let them wear down for a year or so before swapping them out.

sapperforward

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 maverick lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Matte black tailgate letters and home link mirror were soon after.
IMG_2159.jpeg
IMG_2160.jpeg
How did you end up powering the rearview mirror and what model is that

OP
OP
Nutty 5.0

Nutty 5.0

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Terrain Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How did you end up powering the rearview mirror and what model is that
I followed this post :
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...digital-compass-and-available-homelink.35324/

following this:
Connected the mirror negative to the negatvie (black wire), its the stand alone wire on the dome harness.
The two 12v on the mirror harness, i tapped both into the switched power wire (purple/white) on the dome harness.

The mirror I used was a Kia Auto Dimming Mirror with Homelink & Compass A9062-ADUP0
Sponsored

Last edited: