Sponsored

Not as popular as we thought?

Deleted member 14823

I don't know if this proves anything, but I seem to get more attention paid to the Maverick when I leave the metro area and drive out to a small town, where there are more truck owners. I was on a road trip recently and stopped somewhere to eat, and noticed that lots of folks were stopping to look at the Maverick on their way in from the parking lot.
Sponsored

KdeB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2018 Subaru Forester, 1966 MGB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I approached a Maverick parked in front of our small-town post office last summer … Not something I would normally do, but we’d ordered an XLT that January, and had never seen one.

So I could not resist tapping nicely on the driver’s window and asking if he would mind me walking around the truck and peeking inside. Owner was a little startled, but my perusal was a quick one.

Now that we’ve had ours for more than a month, and drive it about town daily, haven’t had a single inquiry.

But I think unless you pay attention to modern truck production — or were waiting for one to be built and delivered — you wouldn’t know the Maverick was different than any other truck.

Noahma

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have had a few people ask about it. Most did not even know Ford was producing the Maverick. I also overheard a guy talking to his son as they walked past it in a darker parking lot "Is that a Rivian?" lol

I see many more Rivians and Bronco sport / Broncos each day than I see Mavericks, and most of the time I do run across another Maverick there is a nod between drivers.

I live just north of Denver, so not a small population area.

TLRMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan, Honda crv, Nissan Rogue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've had my FX4 Ecoboost XLT since November. I've been surprised that during that time I've only had one person come up and talk to me about the truck. I don't live in a small town at all and I've been surprised by this. Ford has obviously sold of ton of these but perhaps the Midwest isn't the hotspot for Mavericks I thought it would be.
Lol I guess its where you live I had had at least 15 different people complement me or ask what it is. I also see a couple of them everyday, so I guess its where you live. Also most of the people who comment are middle age men. By the way I live in North Carolina.

TLRMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan, Honda crv, Nissan Rogue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't know if this proves anything, but I seem to get more attention paid to the Maverick when I leave the metro area and drive out to a small town, where there are more truck owners. I was on a road trip recently and stopped somewhere to eat, and noticed that lots of folks were stopping to look at the Maverick on their way in from the parking lot.
So true! Its a smaller town thing the city folks could care less about the Maverick, or alot of otherthings! 🤔

Sponsored

EIlig

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor/'69 Porsche 911E/'15Porsche Cayman
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've recently taken it to several 'Cars&Coffee' here in SoCal instead one of my Porsche's, I was curious as to the reaction. I was surprised as to how many folks (car people) who've never heard of it let alone seen one.

They always ask what is it, how much, and how do I get one...

Ford Maverick Not as popular as we thought? 20230316_144959

Last edited:

Tanker64

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid Lux 360 SIBL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I approached several people with Mavericks in the wild. I had only seen pictures and heard gushing commentary. Simply put, I was looking for some IRL input before buying a truck I hadn't even sat in.

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've had my FX4 Ecoboost XLT since November. I've been surprised that during that time I've only had one person come up and talk to me about the truck. I don't live in a small town at all and I've been surprised by this. Ford has obviously sold of ton of these but perhaps the Midwest isn't the hotspot for Mavericks I thought it would be.
I have had mine since Nov only one other approached me and he had one too. I approached another guy with an FX4 he bought it off the lot with no adm. He did not realize how lucky he was after I told him I waited 11 months.

Zomdos

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I average about two people a month talking to me in a parking lot, gas station, or at a light asking about my truck. Its honestly a bit much but like others have said Ford didn't advertise it so I get a million questions about it constantly.

Sponsored
OP
OP
The Organic Mechanic
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Are you that desperate that you need people coming up to you to discuss your truck? Also just because people like a car or truck doesn't mean they want to discuss it with the owner. I've seen a few Maverick's in the wild and I'm obviously very interested in them but I never approached an owner of one in the instances that I've seen one.

There's really only one tried and true metric that will determine how popular a current vehicle is and that's total sales. Maverick sales have already exceeded Ford's expectations, I'm sure you've noticed that they haven't been able to keep up with the demand.
Yep, can't sleep at night unless I talk about it.

alquay99

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am very inquisitive and approached a Santa Cruz driver parked next to my Maverick in the Costco parking lot to ask her about her experience with her weird looking truck . Turns out it was her dads and he was quit happy with it but to her it was just a vehicle. It was a little awkward but I am ok with awkward when my curiosity gets the better of me . I am guessing most folks are too polite and would rather go to a ford dealer to make enquiries

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Didn't buy it for anyone to look and ask, or not to look and ask. Bought it because it was what I wanted. Other people wanted cars, suvs, motorcycles, etc. Never one to have to impress anyone because when you try, you find someone pull up beside you with something more impressive. Just drive it and enjoy it.

Clifdawg

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’ve had a few strangers ask me about it since I’ve owned it, and I’ve also had plenty of co-workers and acquaintances ask me about it too. I think it would be easy for someone to look at a Maverick and, not knowing what it is, think “huh, that’s a funky little truck” and not think any more of it. It’s when people find out how much it costs that they suddenly get really interested.

I think it’s telling that Ford literally can’t advertise these things because they can’t catch up to demand.
Sponsored