First Name
johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick lariat awd 360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My mom had a powder blue '74 SuperBug, with a crank sun roof. My all time fav nostalgic ride. That car was a chick magnet back in the day, and it was a freaking blast. And you didn't need AWD with that motor sitting over the rear wheels. I plowed through many 6-8"+ snowfalls in northern Ohio and didn't miss a beat.

The Maverick is just a sweet ride literally, and tech to enhance. I love it.
Sponsored

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I agree on the Courier, it was never a consideration. No one said that you had to buy something you don't want. It would be nice to have an option to buy want we need. A simple basic truck has it use and market. Toyota has an inexpensive idea that may be my next choice, if I get the option. Build it and they will sell. Works for me.

Toyota’s $10,000 Future Pickup

1719950229178-s6.jpg

https://www.roadandtrack.com/review...kup-truck-is-basic-transportation-perfection/
That will never pass crash testing or mpg requirements.

Sykotyk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That will never pass crash testing or mpg requirements.
Not sure about crash testing results, but US now requires back-up cameras. MPG should be good for a small 2.0L engine.

By the time it gets working right, this would be nearly the price of the Maverick was in 2022.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Not sure about crash testing results, but US now requires back-up cameras. MPG should be good for a small 2.0L engine.

By the time it gets working right, this would be nearly the price of the Maverick was in 2022.
MPG would need to be Much higher than the maverick to meet EPA due to the short WB, and narrow track. EPA is why the maverick is so big.

On Edit: Back Up cameras have been mandatory for 6 years in all US cars and trucks. That's not anything new, or even anything to do with my previous reply.

Last edited:

Glen Baker LLC

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
MPG would need to be Much higher than the maverick to meet EPA due to the short WB, and narrow track. EPA is why the maverick is so big.
For those of you willing to watch a 12 minute video. This gentleman explains why we can't have cheap small trucks with 4 cylinders, 5 speeds, roll Windows Etc. He starts out by charting a Ford Maverick.
Plus they still have to meet all US safety standards.
No Official was ever elected by saying 'We'd rather have cheap cars, instead of safe cars."

Last edited:

Sponsored

BlueOval1954

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wonder how many college students can you jam inside a Ford Maverick ? I believe a few more than the Bug.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
My mom had a powder blue '74 SuperBug, with a crank sun roof. My all time fav nostalgic ride. That car was a chick magnet back in the day, and it was a freaking blast. And you didn't need AWD with that motor sitting over the rear wheels. I plowed through many 6-8"+ snowfalls in northern Ohio and didn't miss a beat.

The Maverick is just a sweet ride literally, and tech to enhance. I love it.
We're happy to hear you love it Johnny! :)

MavFord7560

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

For 2026 I would love the option of a real Base Model Maverick (BMM), a stripped down “small” truck …steel wheels, AM radio, manual windows and door locks, no bells and whistles. Make it as base as you can, (yes, I once owned a Ford Courier). Remember how well “The Peoples Car” sold for decades?! With a $30 trillion+ national debt, Americans could benefit a functional base option.

IMG_1463.jpeg
Absolutely. Roll-up windows are awesome. Make it a manual trans too.

Bruce W

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid Latiat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I agree. The reason I took interest in the Maverick was the initial low price of under 20K and 30+ MPG. I too would love a very simplistic and fuel efficient option. Even the base XL offers more technology than I wanted. Technology is nice but cheap (low quality) technology is a recipe for disaster. I had many late 80's Toyota pickups that were over built mechanically for a small truck and very reliable. The cheap body and frame rust was the demise of all of them that I owned, high mileage was never a concern.
The more crap they add, the more money they make and the more servicing and repairs need to be done. Keeps the economy going and makes customers want a new model. It’s the American way. 🇺🇸🏴‍☠️

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Totally agree with OP. I have a Maverick XL and find most of the tech superfluous. Main thing I care about is reliability. But most American car buyers seem to love comfort and gadgets, even the Chevy Spark has been discontinued.
I think I might pay more to NOT have some of this superfluous tech and nanny state widgets.

Here in the Peoples Republic of Illinois they love to control us.
Sponsored