Sponsored

Love my Maverick, but the wife hates it.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Traded in a practically new 21 Ram 1500 Laramie with the HEMI and 4x4 for my Maverick. I liked the Ram but it was more my wife's idea of a dream vehicle rather than my own. I never really liked driving big vehicles but still bought the Ram earlier this year because I thought I would just need to get used to the size plus I knew she loved it. There is virtually nothing I don't like about the Maverick (with the exception of the engine sound). It's damn near perfect for me but she refuses to drive it and just says "its cute".

Hell with the money difference on the trade in, I was able to pay off her Highlander. Oh well, can't please everyone I guess. I do miss the sound system in the Ram though. That thing sounded amazing.
i mean you made better financial choice and you payed off her truck .She should be thrilled about it!
Sponsored

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am just stunned someone would post this.

You get what you want, she get what she's wants. Done!!!

mrbill

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 kia soul- 2023 santa cruz SE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
wow sounds like fun!!?? the maverick xlt hybrid we ordered will be for my wife she wanted one, I have a 2019 f-150 stx with the 2.7 I LOVE IT and great gas mileage, I did get to sit in a maverick xlt and drive one around the block, I like them too. first thing I did on the f-150 was have a bazooka powered sub added under rear seat, made 100% difference , as I have the 8" touch screen and xm radio, now it sounds good, may have to do that to the maverick too ,if we ever get it.

Sponsored

2022MAVERICKAWDCT

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK XLT AWD FX4 4K Tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looking forward to the day when there's a Carvana type website for wife trade in (or husband trade in, don't kill me ladies!).
That's thinking "outside the box"!

Michaelkov

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW X1, 2018 Toyota Rav4, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My wife laughed the day I drove mine home. Could not believe I bought a baby truck. She said she has no idea why I would want to drive around in something so tiny. I showed her it is bigger than my wrangle, her answer the wrangler looks manly at least
Ford Maverick Love my Maverick, but the wife hates it. 1650302575700

Twixel Jackson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looking forward to the day when there's a Carvana type website for wife trade in (or husband trade in, don't kill me ladies!).
Agree...I love Carvana's 7 day Test to Own Policy. 7 days to see if your new "car" truly fits into your life, if it doesn't, simply return it....Can I try a different "car" every 7 days for the rest of my life?

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Traded in a practically new 21 Ram 1500 Laramie with the HEMI and 4x4 for my Maverick. I liked the Ram but it was more my wife's idea of a dream vehicle rather than my own. I never really liked driving big vehicles but still bought the Ram earlier this year because I thought I would just need to get used to the size plus I knew she loved it. There is virtually nothing I don't like about the Maverick (with the exception of the engine sound). It's damn near perfect for me but she refuses to drive it and just says "its cute".

Hell with the money difference on the trade in, I was able to pay off her Highlander. Oh well, can't please everyone I guess. I do miss the sound system in the Ram though. That thing sounded amazing.
Happy wife ... happy life!
In my case, it was my wife who convinced me to look at the Maverick after my Chevy Colorado caught fire and exploded. (Cause undetermined). I was skeptical until I looked more closely at the reviews and comments and now that I have the vehicle in my driveway, I absolutely love it. Consider yourself lucky she doesn't like it and refuses to drive it. Otherwise, you'd never get it back from her!

Sponsored

KenJ45

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT 2.0L Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, according to the feminists she must have a small p*nis... (Of course I'm kidding, mocking the fact that people come up with things that conveniently only applies to the opposite gender as them...)

mr mojo risen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick, 2020 VW Passat, 2015 Nissan Sentra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My wife likes my new Maverick….except for the color. She’s the only one who has complained about the color. She also throws in some passive-aggressive digs, such as “Hey turn on the seat-warmer” when she knows full well the XLT doesn’t have them.

She’s had essentially almost 100% input on our last three vehicles, so she accepts that this is MY truck.

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My wife drives a Sequoia and she makes fun of my mini truck every day when it is parked next to hers in the driveway!
Let her pay for the Gas for the Toyota for 30 days; then let her pay for the Gas on the Maverick for 30 days... she'll learn... they always learn.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Don't need a trade. You can have mine outright.