First Name
Swag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Cmon man....not wasting time. It's part of a routine in the morning like socks n shoes. I have the fob too. And fyi...my app does work inside Winco in the check out line. 😁
hey man to each his own! I like the app. I just like having the key fob remote start too for situations like I mentioned. where there is no service or when the fob is more convenient than the app!
Sponsored

OP
OP
EONR24

EONR24

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Swag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They are already dropping 2017 mustangs off of Ford Pass app. No more features for them on ford pass.

Distracto

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here is the Part number for the Remote Start System ULTRA Long Range Extender Antenna, PART NUMBER JS7Z15603A . I do not know if this part works with the XL/XLT key fob or the lariat key fob or both and I do not have this part installed.
From what I understand from the descriptions for both products, you have to use the long range extender with a specific fob: (not the keyfobs our vehicles came with)

https://accessories.ford.com/remote-start-system-long-range-w-confirmation-key-fob-1

Or

https://accessories.ford.com/long-range-remote-start-system-1

So Ive already installed the perimeter plus and agree the standard key fob range is lacking. Ive had the uLtrAAauGH long range extender along with the led kit and the long range fob w confirmation key sitting at my Ford dealer for a few months, was gonna schedule install (you're forced to pay for install when you buy the led from Ford.com iirc) along with the updates but have been slow to schedule after hearing some of the stories about the updates.. one day when I finally get it all hooked up, I'm hoping my dreams of 1000ft key pressed remote starts will come true

OP
OP
EONR24

EONR24

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Swag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
From what I understand from the descriptions for both products, you have to use the long range extender with a specific fob: (not the keyfobs our vehicles came with)

https://accessories.ford.com/remote-start-system-long-range-w-confirmation-key-fob-1

Or

https://accessories.ford.com/long-range-remote-start-system-1

So Ive already installed the perimeter plus and agree the standard key fob range is lacking. Ive had the uLtrAAauGH long range extender along with the led kit and the long range fob w confirmation key sitting at my Ford dealer for a few months, was gonna schedule install (you're forced to pay for install when you buy the led from Ford.com iirc) along with the updates but have been slow to schedule after hearing some of the stories about the updates.. one day when I finally get it all hooked up, I'm hoping my dreams of 1000ft key pressed remote starts will come true
Thank you for the information! I did not know this! that is unfortunate that you have to visit the dealer to get that special long range key fob and accessories installed but honestly sounds very worth it. I will update the post!

Last edited:

Distracto

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you for the information! I did not know this! that is unfortunate that you are forced to visit the dealer to get that special long range key fob and accessories installed but honestly sounds very worth it. I will update the post!
Ah, not forced to install but forced to pay for install.. they would let me just pick it all up and take home. And install charge was only for the led I think, and it was a $15 install charge iirc.. used Ford pass points so wasn't too bad.. im still debating if I just pick everything up and do it myself but this year has been hectic!

Sponsored

TheDude

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Would this cause any issues on a 24 Lariat hybrid that has the factory remote start, or would it give two options (dedicated start button and lock-unlock-lock sequence) for starting?

I am looking for the added alarm function without adding a separate fob…any other options?

OP
OP
EONR24

EONR24

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Swag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Would this cause any issues on a 24 Lariat hybrid that has the factory remote start, or would it give two options (dedicated start button and lock-unlock-lock sequence) for starting?

I am looking for the added alarm function without adding a separate fob…any other options?
If you have factory remote start from the key fob on your lariat, I believe you have the alarm included in your Maverick already!

texasPI

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I installed this on mine last year and I've been using these remotes with mine: https://accessories.ford.com/long-range-remote-start-system-1

I bought a two pack off eBay for about $45 if I recall correctly.

From what I recall, the range extender does not need to be installed by the dealer. You can DIY it, I just didn't feel like doing it so didn't order it. Even without extender antenna, I feel like I can remote start from further away with the 1-button remote above than the standard fob. Plus, just double tap versus lock-unlock-lock.

Edit: found the instructions I had saved for installing the system including range extender.

Ford Maverick Installed Key Fob Remote Start -- My Favorite Mod Yet for XL / XLT / Lariat IMG_9533

Attachments

pjpmtc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Hybrid Terrain BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can attest. I added it on the 13th day of owning the truck. Unfortunately on day 8 my window got smashed but oh well.

A few things:

-Be careful where you mount it. Note the under dash airbag directly below the column.
-Opt for the optional LED Security LED (Blinking Dash Light.) I drilled mine directly above the column. Small trim panel right below the cluster that is attached to the pleather hiding the column.
-FordPass alerts you in 5-10 seconds after a trigger. Love it since I work overnight.
-If you get any recall/work that resets the BCM(?) You’ll need to redo learn the Module’s Remote Start Option. Otherwise everything else will work just fine.
Does anyone know if the optional LED indicator can be added to the Factory Perimeter security system that came on the 2024 Lariat ? Also, is the purpose of this to indicate the security system is armed like the blinking red dash LED on cars like Volvo etc.?

Sponsored

EveryDayNick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT EB/AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So the purpose IS to alert the alarm is armed and engaged.

that being said, it’s possible the factory installed one is the same device as the aftermarket one. If so, it’s easy to add one. You’ll need to do the legwork and inspection yourself to find said system if it exists as an ancillary add on like the one I added.

Fordboy1972

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 ranger,2022 Maverick and mustang GT convertible
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey Everyone,

I recently installed the "Ford Perimeter Plus with Remote Start" kit on my 2024 Ford Maverick XL and it is AWESOME! Here is the Part Number KN1Z-19A361-A. The install was super easy and worked without any coding changes necessary. The remote start from the key fob is much faster and more useful than the Ford Pass App Remote Start! At times, the remote start on the Ford Pass App can take up to 30 seconds, not including getting your phone out and getting the app open. Since the XL and most XLTs don't have push to start or keyless entry, you need to have your keys out and in hand to unlock/lock the Maverick anyways! Now clicking LOCK -> UNLOCK -> LOCK starts the Maverick with my factory key fob in just a few seconds!

THIS SHOULD WORK ON ALL TRIMS AND YEARS OF THE FORD MAVERICK!
Who knows how long the Maverick will be supported on Ford Pass either. 5 years? 10 years? I saw that they are already removing features from vehicles older than 2017 on the FORD PASS APP!

The part you install is simply a small square module the size of a wallet you zip tie near the obd2 port. and the wire harness plugs into the existing obd2 port and replaces the obd2 as well so it is still useable. The kit gives you everything you need to install it and a booklet on the features. I will provide an install video I used below! You can adjust the Perimeter Plus alarm sensitivity manually on the module too. ALSO, this is optional but you can enable this menu via Forscan picture below. Coding listed at this link Maverick Masterlist

EDIT: Here is the Part number for the Remote Start System ULTRA Long Range Extender Antenna, PART NUMBER JS7Z15603A . This part must be installed by the dealer with a special long distance key fob as mentioned HERE .

IMG_3062.jpeg

I found Ford sells a dash cam for the Maverick, it hooks to the ALDL just like this does. It looks to me you can only have one add on. Unless Ford makes an adapter to attach more than one. I'd like to do both

OP
OP
EONR24

EONR24

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Swag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So I have been getting a random single HONK when turning the vehicle off and exiting quickly, even with all the forscan mods to disable honks and chimes lol. I thought it might be the remote start system triggering but I have figured it out. If you turn the key off and exit the vehicle too quickly before autounlock can happen, this trigger the "mislock chirp". This mislock chirp/honk can be disabled through the factory cluster menus under vehicle settings -->locking
Sponsored