Bobert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The green wire from the bcm connects to the switch wire on DD harness
Hi again all! I got my lights installed today and thought I wired everything up according to my understanding from the write-up, but now the fog lights stay on all the time. I drew the diagram attached and this is how I have wired things. The BCM #6 pin is wired to the "S" Switch Input Wire on the DD wiring harness. The "VB" Positive Wire is connected to the batt/post under the hood. The "G" Ground is connected to the factory ground wire under the hood. I did not connect the "DW" deactivation wire or the "BW" Backlight wires to anything, as I didn't want the running backlights when fogs are off. I made and saved all the of the FORscan changes as described as well and the fog light dash indicator does show when the fog light button is pushed on the F-150 hyrbid headlight switch. Do you see anything I may have missed or hooked up wrong?

Additionally, I tried disconnected the "VB" Positive wire while leaving the "G" ground and "S"-->BCM #6 wire connected, and this results in the fog lights not turning on at all under any condition. Any and all help is most appreciate!

Ford Maverick Diode Dynamics fog lights IMG_3621.JPG
Sponsored

A.Bursell

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hi again all! I got my lights installed today and thought I wired everything up according to my understanding from the write-up, but now the fog lights stay on all the time. I drew the diagram attached and this is how I have wired things. The BCM #6 pin is wired to the "S" Switch Input Wire on the DD wiring harness. The "VB" Positive Wire is connected to the batt/post under the hood. The "G" Ground is connected to the factory ground wire under the hood. I did not connect the "DW" deactivation wire or the "BW" Backlight wires to anything, as I didn't want the running backlights when fogs are off. I made and saved all the of the FORscan changes as described as well and the fog light dash indicator does show when the fog light button is pushed on the F-150 hyrbid headlight switch. Do you see anything I may have missed or hooked up wrong?

Additionally, I tried disconnected the "VB" Positive wire while leaving the "G" ground and "S"-->BCM #6 wire connected, and this results in the fog lights not turning on at all under any condition. Any and all help is most appreciate!
There isn't really much you can have wrong if the lights are coming on -- that means ground is good and your power feed is good from the battery. My guess is that you didn't actually connect to pin 6 on the BCM and that you are actually in the cavity across from it. Easy mistake to make. When you look at the wire diagrams, it is looking at the connector from the front - not the back where you insert the contact. I would take another look there. In order to remove the contact, you will have to take the front side red piece all the way off (pry it back and forth), and then you will reach into the cavity with a small pick or screwdriver and gently lift up on the retaining tab while gently pulling on the wire. It should come right out.

Bobert47

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bobert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There isn't really much you can have wrong if the lights are coming on -- that means ground is good and your power feed is good from the battery. My guess is that you didn't actually connect to pin 6 on the BCM and that you are actually in the cavity across from it. Easy mistake to make. When you look at the wire diagrams, it is looking at the connector from the front - not the back where you insert the contact. I would take another look there. In order to remove the contact, you will have to take the front side red piece all the way off (pry it back and forth), and then you will reach into the cavity with a small pick or screwdriver and gently lift up on the retaining tab while gently pulling on the wire. It should come right out.
You were spot on! I was looking at the pin diagram from the back/wire-in side and it was flipped. Everything works perfectly and as planned now, with the VB Positive + Ground + BCM Pin#6!!! Thank you so much for your help, you saved me another long day in this heat trying to troubleshoot! I had already checked terminal continuity and fuses and was running out ideas. You saved the day, thank you!

Toddman45

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT, Ford explorer Platinum, Chevy E
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I love the look in everything of the diode dynamics fog lamps as well as using the OEM switch the only thing I don't care for is the Amber parking light function on them.

Down the road when I add them I'm not wiring in the parking light function on the fog lamps.
Sponsored