BlackMav23

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT FX4 4K, 2020 Tiguan SE 4-Motion
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Concur, same with mine, near instant. However, I not sure if it makes a difference with or without LUX Pkg / with or without Sync 3
Mine does have the Lux package but being an XLT does not have SYNC or Nav. Wondering if anyone with similar setup is experiencing this issue.

In fact that's my biggest gripe about the Maverick, the stereo. I'm not even talking the speakers. That touchscreen system is super laggy, unresponsive, and you literally can't scroll at all while moving (any way to disable that?).
Sponsored

Dutiful Don

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If I start the vehicle and shift into reverse, the delay is about 5 seconds, however if I wait for the display screen to finish loading, the delay is almost negligible.

OP
OP

BlackMav23

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
While I would say that everyone should let their vehicle warm up and not be in such a rush... that loading screen takes way too long and is unacceptable.

Modern vehicles do not require a lengthy idle before driving. I typically use the remote start this time of year. The vehicle idles down in no time at all. But as soon as I turn the key... that dreading loading screen from cheap head unit. I should test and see if allowing it to complete changes the behavior of the camera load.

Regardless, something sold as a convenient safety feature is frankly unsafe if it doesn't function when the vehicle is ready to perform its function.

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Rebooting the infotainment screen (pressing the power and skip forward buttons at the same time , for five seconds) is a common method for all modern Fords. Shutting off the vehicle and restarting it a couple of times has also helped.

OP
OP

BlackMav23

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Rebooting the infotainment screen (pressing the power and skip forward buttons at the same time , for five seconds) is a common method for all modern Fords. Shutting off the vehicle and restarting it a couple of times has also helped.
Unfortunately it's not frozen, it just takes way too long to fully load.

Sponsored

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I check my truck's software version R22075A and made sure the back up camera delay feature is off. In a forum for a different Ford vehicle it stated that the camera stays on until the vehicle exceeds 3mph in drive.

OP
OP

BlackMav23

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I check my truck's software version R22075A and made sure the back up camera delay feature is off. In a forum for a different Ford vehicle it stated that the camera stays on until the vehicle exceeds 3mph in drive.
That's referring to a delay when shifting out of reverse into drive, which can of course be disabled.

The issue discussed here is the inconsistent wait time for the rear camera to display in dash after shifting into reverse.
Sponsored