Sponsored

Are the Maverick Lariat ActiveX seats perforated?

AlienRoot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pathfinder
I was curious if the ActiveX seats in the Lariat were perforated. I really wanted ventilated seats and have seen some aftermarket options where you can add fans to the seat itself and it blows out the perforations. Not sure how well it would work, but if the seats aren't perforated it's a non-starter.
Sponsored

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was curious if the ActiveX seats in the Lariat were perforated. I really wanted ventilated seats and have seen some aftermarket options where you can add fans to the seat itself and it blows out the perforations. Not sure how well it would work, but if the seats aren't perforated it's a non-starter.
Not from any videos I’ve seen or read. We wanted ventilated seats as well.
Could always do Katzkin ventilated seats? I’ve read good things.
https://katzkin.com/degreez/

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's my concern as well, as I'm in Houston TX and today's high is 98oF. Its why I want no sunroof, a light color, and since seats aren't ventilated a nice cloth is the next best thing as they tend to breathe well. I don't have experience with the ActiveX, however, I did find the material in the Crosstrek Sport (which I believe is very similar) to feel hot.

That's one pro of the Santa Cruz is that not only do they have real leather and ventilated seats, I think pretty much everyone agrees that Hyundai has the most powerful ventilated seats in the industry right now where it doesn't just cool your butt but actually does the backrest really well too. However, on the other hand Ford's cloth is usually quite comfy, whereas if you have bare skin on the Hyundai cloth you'll end up well exfoliated as its so scratchy.

OP
OP

AlienRoot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pathfinder
Not from any videos I’ve seen or read. We wanted ventilated seats as well.
Could always do Katzkin ventilated seats? I’ve read good things.
https://katzkin.com/degreez/
I actually called Katzkin up and they won't have the seats ready for some time as they need to get the actual truck in to make the right fit and everything.

OP
OP

AlienRoot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pathfinder
That's my concern as well, as I'm in Houston TX and today's high is 98oF. Its why I want no sunroof, a light color, and since seats aren't ventilated a nice cloth is the next best thing as they tend to breathe well. I don't have experience with the ActiveX, however, I did find the material in the Crosstrek Sport (which I believe is very similar) to feel hot.

That's one pro of the Santa Cruz is that not only do they have real leather and ventilated seats, I think pretty much everyone agrees that Hyundai has the most powerful ventilated seats in the industry right now where it doesn't just cool your butt but actually does the backrest really well too. However, on the other hand Ford's cloth is usually quite comfy, whereas if you have bare skin on the Hyundai cloth you'll end up well exfoliated as its so scratchy.
Hmm interesting point with the cloth seats. I'm sold on the Lariat as I want as much tech and everything as possible since I've never had a new car and want the bells and whistles. Hopefully the ActiveX don't get too hot. I'm excited for it nonetheless, but would be ecstatic with vented seats haha.

Ford Maverick Are the Maverick Lariat ActiveX seats perforated? 2022-maverick-hybrid-retail-orders-scheduling-9-13-2021-mavericktruckclub-1024x644

Ford Maverick Are the Maverick Lariat ActiveX seats perforated? 2022 Maverick EcoBoost AWD 2.0L window sticker MPG

Sponsored

superds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
I feel that was a miss not have ventilated seats. I believe the active x material is also used on the Mach E, maybe check in with those forums to see how the seats are.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I feel that was a miss not have ventilated seats. I believe the active x material is also used on the Mach E, maybe check in with those forums to see how the seats are.
Found this from owners:
ActiveX is a vinyl-based synthetic leather. It is basically what has been used on the 3rd row “leather” seats and trim areas of front and 2nd row seats for years. It looks and acts just like leather. Most people won’t be able to tell the difference. It typically holds up better than real leather in the long run.
ActiveX is my least favorite thing about the MME... it is cold when its cold, and clammy when its hot (compared to good 'ol cloth/fabric). In my case, exacerbated by the fact that I did NOT get seat heaters in the Select; I just couldn't stomach the $2600 'comfort package' to get seat heaters.
It looks like vinyl, but most can’t tell the difference and it’s pretty comfortable and supportive. It feels softer than vinyl if that makes sense. It doesn’t have the natural grains that come with genuine leather and isn’t as quite as nice to the touch. Besides that it beats vinyl, most of the seat is vinyl but the ActiveX synthetic is the center portions. It’s all “trimmed” same as the higher end leather.
I'm assuming Escape SEL ActiveX seats are just like Fusion SEL ActiveX seats. In that case they should be pleather/leatherette all around. Attached are photos of the ActiveX seats from Fusion SEL. They are very nice. Better than real leather IMO.
Ford Maverick Are the Maverick Lariat ActiveX seats perforated? fusionselactivex1.jpg.9697656356230832067116f32f843a31

superds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Sounds like mixed reviews on the active-x material.
Sponsored