Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.universityofheaven.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat, 2013 Buick Encore
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Question: Those of you who have installed an AGM battery, how long have you had the battery installed with no 'deep sleep mode' messages? Any new battery will give a time period with no deep sleep messages, so just wondering. $250 is a lot of money for me to spend on a new battery. Ford did put one of their 'Max' batteries in my truck, but that didn't fix the problem. Thx for you input.
Sponsored

Tech Tye

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Question: Those of you who have installed an AGM battery, how long have you had the battery installed with no 'deep sleep mode' messages? Any new battery will give a time period with no deep sleep messages, so just wondering. $250 is a lot of money for me to spend on a new battery. Ford did put one of their 'Max' batteries in my truck, but that didn't fix the problem. Thx for you input.
I’ve had mine for about a year with no deep sleep warnings

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Tabs are easily removed with a cut off wheel to make room for a OPTIMA YELLOW TOP😊.

Whatcha using the charge controller for? I've been debating using one on the 12v pigtails in the bed combined with a 100 amp hour lithium battery and inverter to create a sort of "Maverick as a generator when the lights go out" scenario. A super poor man's version of the F150 Lightning powering the entire house type situation.

Tech Tye

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Whatcha using the charge controller for? I've been debating using one on the 12v pigtails in the bed combined with a 100 amp hour lithium battery and inverter to create a sort of "Maverick as a generator when the lights go out" scenario. A super poor man's version of the F150 Lightning powering the entire house type situation.
I have a BOUGE RV solar panel on the roof. Keeps the battery topped off as I’m running strobe lights during the day.

Ford Maverick AGM for Hybrid IMG_6093

Ford Maverick AGM for Hybrid IMG_5586_Original

Ford Maverick AGM for Hybrid IMG_6092

Ford Maverick AGM for Hybrid IMG_5558_Original

Sponsored

CurtisB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The main thing the AGM battery provides is a quick recharge after a deep sleep message. I've had mine for six weeks and got one sleep message, but it was the morning after getting a recall done. The old battery would never fully recharge from just driving.

Once the old battery got the sleep message it was dead within a week afterwards. AGM recieve a charge faster and retain longer. I expect the sleep messages to continue due to me having fuse 11 plugged in.

Our hybrid Mavericks like to keep in contact with Mission Control or HAL 9000.

OP
OP
Silver23

Silver23

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since the cheapo alarm the dealer installed was disconnected I haven't had a deep sleep on the original battery.
Pull the cover off the passenger side fuse panel and see if anything has been wired in.
Lots of dealers put these in in hopes of an upsale.
It's worth a look people.

Last edited:

NedF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was a '23 now a '24 Lariat Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I started putting my battery on a charger once a week and it has been better, but found making lots of short trips in a day works too! This was last Tuesday while following our realtor around look at houses.

Ford Maverick AGM for Hybrid IMG_0725

Sponsored

CurtisB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yep, I carry a jumper just in case the Maverick kills my battery, but I have an AGM battery now so I am feeling better.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I haven't had Deep Sleep on this 2.5L
I do charge the 12V battery twice a month. Did that this morning.
If you charge any battery in the Ford Hybrid twice a month it should not ever go into Deep Sleep.
It may however lower the battery life.

I have had only two deep sleep messages on my MY23 Hybrid over the nine months of ownership.

When they have happened they were of no issue or inconvenience since the truck always started up.

Overnight I then charged up the 12V battery.

Again not much of a problem.

Doing this only when necessary does not shorten the life compared to doing excessive charging when not needed.

Yes, overcharging a 12-volt battery can damage it and shorten its lifespan. The excessive current from overcharging can heat the battery and harm its internal components.
I have had recalls 24S27, 24C01 and 23C41 just done. It will be interesting to see if any more deep sleep messages happen for me.
Sponsored