First Name
Aden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, maverick Azur Blue, 2015 Focus st 3, GSX S 750
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone got an alternative to the ford Sun shade, $98 is rather steep dont ya think , thought there might be some with the Name on on Amazon but could not find any
Sponsored

bighap

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clear ceramic windshield tint and never fuss with a shade ever again.

bighap

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

Aspidochelone

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I currently have an $8 sunshade i got from ace. I might eventually get the full weathertech kit for when i want to take a nap during road trips. The kit is steeper at $150 but is custom cut for each window.

Joeneonturbo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, Dodge SRT-4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I still use the pop up shade I had for my parents Buick. It’s a lil big but does the trick. Pop up shades are nice bc u can fold them up real easy and takes up little space.

tom_tucker

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone got an alternative to the ford Sun shade, $98 is rather steep dont ya think , thought there might be some with the Name on on Amazon but could not find any
What happened to your Ford points? I'm an OEM Maverick sunshade aficionado. With the points, it was a no-brainer. Even without, it's a nice solid and reflective sunshade. Should last quite a while and be worth it, even says Maverick on it.

Sponsored

Thundercougarfalconbird

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have the Weather Tech custom fit for my current car and will likely get one for the Mav when it arrives. Usually around $50 and is reversible - the back side is black and will hold some heat to help you out on the occasional frosty, sunny morning if you have it face out (if that applies for you). It's well insulated for those hot days too.

realshelby

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT 500, 1965 Mustang GT,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After a tip here by a member, I ordered an "Original Shade" for my Maverick.
Regular shades have to be unfolded and put in place. Then pulled down, folded, and then put somewhere. The Somewhere is my problem with shades. Need to be where you can reach them. But there is no decent place to keep them.
The Original Shade attaches to the windshield. Hardly notice it once installed. One quick grab to pull it across the windshield and click it into the left side bracket. This thing works MUCH better than I had hoped!

Original Shade

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bought this:

KUST Windshield Shade Custom Fit for Ford Maverick 2022 2023 2024 Sun Shade Front Windshield Sun Visor Foldable Thicker 5-Layer Block Heat and Sun UV Rays

Thicker 5-Layer KUST Windshield Shade Custom Fit for Ford Maverick Sun Shade

About this item
  • 【Innovative Design】KUST designed beautiful texture with premium material,the Upgraded sun protector is a clever idea to make your car look more textured.It is stronger to stay in place and insulate well.

• 【5-Layer Thicker Quality Shade】Made of thicker and resistant reflective material,KUST Windshield Screen is thick enough to block 99.99% light and sun on a sunny summer day.Heavy duty and sturdy fabric , easily stays up in your windshield without crumbling.

• 【More Durable & Keep Car Cooler】Did your sunshield lose it's shape in the heat and the steering wheel would get extremely hot?Our windshield sun cover is thick and sturdy instead of thin and bendable, so it will last much longer. Keeps the car so much cooler, protecting your interior.

• 【Perfect Size】This KUST windshield shade cover Compatible With Ford Maverick 2022 2023 2024. Really works perfectly and fits the whole windshield frame to keep the sun out. (Please NOTE Silver side is OUTWARD, Black side is INWARD!)

• 【Super Easy To Use】Very well constructed and Really easy to put on and take off. Doesn’t leave any marks like suction cups.Super easy to fold and stuff into the bag that came with.
It has dramatically reduced the heat absorbed in the dash.

I highly recommend it.

ejouie

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Maverick, Atlas Blue, FWD, EcoBoost, XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT -Hot Chili Red - 4k Tow Fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I purchased the WeatherTech sunshades for all windows and they work really well. I use some small bottles between the visor and sunshade to keep it against the windshield but they really do reduce the heat in the cab during the summer, and with all windows covered it is almost bearable to get in the cab during an Arizona Summer Day (115 degree day). My only complaint is that there isn't enough insulation between the headliner and the roof to keep the cab temp below 100 on those days.
Sponsored