Melyssa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yes, but from what I gathered on here, I should be pushing 600-700 miles, not barely cracking 500 on fumes. I've only averaged 38mpgs also and my miles are 80-90% city
City driving is not very efficient because the truck relies on the ICE more to start moving.
Sponsored

Zandrave

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Hannah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So I hit over 800 miles on one tank for the 1st time, and probably the last time unless I have a backup fuel tank with me.

812.2.jpg

I hit the "0 Mi to E" at 745 miles. From this point I set my Trip 2 to record the mileage after the gauge said I hit 0.

0 Miles to E.jpg

I usually fill up when I hit or are close to the system's estimate of zero miles left. In those cases my fill up would be anywhere between 13.7-14.1 gallons. After seeing a post of someone filling up to 16 gal I thought I would push my luck. I did have a 1 gal back up gas container after I hit zero, but will not plan to do this often. Unless you usually have a rack with backup fuel container just fill up. Not worth pushing it especially since you dont know what driving style you will use for those las 2-2.5 gallons. I made it to 67 miles past 0 so I assumed that I was at bout 15 gal used. I did my usual three clicks at the pump and I assumed wrong.

Trip 2 Data.jpg

I used 14.8 gal witch came out to 54.8 MPG on this tank (best ever was 55.7 mpg). I did take the freeways more than I thought I would and I also did a long drive from San Jose to Manteca during rush hour with an accident, about 60 miles one-way 120 roundtrip. On the way back I was not in traffic, so if someone in the central valley has a Maverick and they drive both ways on HY 680 and HY 580 what kind of MPGs and MPT are you getting?

Fill-up Pump.jpg

If the tank does actually hold 16.5 gal as on post suggested, the it could be possible to hit 900 miles on one tank, but I wont be trying that anytime soon. I might but not unless the conditions are right and I have time to get out on the side of the road with a filled backup tank.
This is so impressive!!!

The Real Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
City driving is not very efficient because the truck relies on the ICE more to start moving.
Most efficient is in the 25 mph to 45 mph zone.

In my opinion, city drive, if heater and Air Conditioner is off, is THE MOST fuel efficient way to drive. You have to coast and glide as much as possible.

Last edited:

tom_tucker

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Most efficient is in the 25 mph to 45 mph zone.

I my opinion, city drive, if heater and Air Conditioner is off, is THE MOST fuel efficient way to drive. You have to coast and glide as much as possible.
Yeah, makes me think we have our priorities screwed up going that slow. I'm a daily die hard shunpiker myself. Going 65 mph in an ecoboost sounds a damn sight more efficient to me. So the obvious question- is time a factor in efficiency or not?

The Real Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, makes me think we have our priorities screwed up going that slow. I'm a daily die hard shunpiker myself. Going 65 mph in an ecoboost sounds a damn sight more efficient to me. So the obvious question- is time a factor in efficiency or not?
The FASTEST route for me to work is CITY streets. I routinely get 53 MPG.

It is most fuel efficient and time efficient at the same time.
Sponsored